The W
Views: 97629776
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
24.7.14 0550
The W - Pro Wrestling - Let the Brock Speculation begin (Page 2)
This thread has 20 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 6.19
Pages: Prev 1 2
(1267 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (32 total)
odessasteps
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02
From: MD, USA

Since last post: 36 days
Last activity: 3 days
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.58
    Originally posted by redsoxnation
    Regarding Brock still having a UFC contract: It isn't like Brock hasn't set precedent before that he is willing to breach his contract.


Brock certainly has shown a pattern of premature leaving projects

WWF
NFL
IWGP/IGF
UFC



Mark Coale
Odessa Steps Magazine presents


RUSSIAN FLAG BURIAL - an examination of 1984 mid-south


Big Bad
Scrapple








Since: 4.1.02
From: Dorchester, Ontario

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.17
    Originally posted by Cerebus
    Yeah, I'm crazy...

    Wouldn't it be fucking insane, if Dixie Carter threw a couple million to Brock to come in for a year?

    TNA's ratings would instantly top anything the WWE would attempt. Brock could easily handle TNA's work schedule, minus the house shows. Spike TV would probably foot the entire cost thanks to it's relationship with Dana White and his UFC programming.

    As I was saying... Yeah, I'm crazy for seeing TNA potentially getting the biggest signing in it's lifetime.


Given that the UFC just left Spike for the FOX family of channels, Spike TV is not Dana White's biggest fans right now. Also, haven't we given up on TNA ever 'beating' WWE in the ratings game? Cena could jump over to Impact next week and it'd still finish behind RAW in the Nielsens. And it'd fall back even further the next week once Cena competed in his first TNA match, unannounced, against Gunnar and only won via DQ.



"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone." --- Bart Giamatti, on baseball
Peter The Hegemon
Lap cheong








Since: 11.2.03
From: Hackettstown, NJ

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 2 days
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.49
    Originally posted by Cerebus
    Yeah, I'm crazy...

    Wouldn't it be fucking insane, if Dixie Carter threw a couple million to Brock to come in for a year?

    TNA's ratings would instantly top anything the WWE would attempt.


Am I understanding you correctly? Are you saying that if TNA signed Brock, their ratings would *more than triple*? Because that seems WAY off to me. They'd get a bump, sure...some old WWE fans would check them out (again?) and some UFC fans will try them, too. And if they keep booking the way they've been booking, the bump probably goes away like the results of most of their other big signings. But even in a best-case scenario I don't see them beating WWE on the strength of having Brock. Or even coming all that close.
KJames199
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: #yqr

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#24 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.77
    Originally posted by Big Bad
      Originally posted by Cerebus
      Yeah, I'm crazy...

      Wouldn't it be fucking insane, if Dixie Carter threw a couple million to Brock to come in for a year?

      TNA's ratings would instantly top anything the WWE would attempt. Brock could easily handle TNA's work schedule, minus the house shows. Spike TV would probably foot the entire cost thanks to it's relationship with Dana White and his UFC programming.


    Given that the UFC just left Spike for the FOX family of channels, Spike TV is not Dana White's biggest fans right now.
I think that was Cerberus's point - Spike would pay to sign Brock for TNA just to stick it to Dana White. Not likely, IMO, but stranger things have happened.

Agreed that Brock to TNA results in a short-term bump and little else.
John Orquiola
Scrapple








Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 25 days
Last activity: 25 days
#25 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.24
    Originally posted by Cerebus


    As I was saying... Yeah, I'm crazy for seeing TNA potentially getting the biggest signing in it's lifetime.


Poor Hulk Hogan. No longer the biggest signing in TNA's lifetime.



@BackoftheHead


www.backofthehead.com

(V) (;,,;) (V) ZOIDBERG
BigDaddyLoco
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 1 day
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.46
I don't see Brock coming to TNA being any more important than Angle coming to TNA, unless Heyman comes along for the ride.
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 9 hours
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.01
I think Brock in TNA is a remote possibly of happening only if they are willing to fire creative to let Heyman run it as well as throw a lot and I do mean a lot of money at him. The schedule is not that rough or won't be for a guy like him. He has a built in feud with Kurt and would do a lot for their ratings.

Having said all that, its a very very slim possibility of him coming back to wrestling let alone to little brother TNA. Honestly, I could care less of we see him again in the ring. I am sure they will do some bullshit HOF with him for him to cash a Mania paycheck the next night with a run-in. Maybe not this year, but down the line. I'd rather have Jericho back or someone who can work a full time schedule or a good part of the schedule and actually care about their work in the ring.



The Wee Baby Sheamus.







Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
odessasteps
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02
From: MD, USA

Since last post: 36 days
Last activity: 3 days
#28 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.58
    Originally posted by BigDaddyLoco
    I don't see Brock coming to TNA being any more important than Angle coming to TNA, unless Heyman comes along for the ride.


What if, in an attempt to continue their feud with UFC, Spike picks up most of Brock's salary to come to TNA?

Crazy Kurt vs Angry Brock !



Mark Coale
Odessa Steps Magazine presents


RUSSIAN FLAG BURIAL - an examination of 1984 mid-south


JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 4 hours
#29 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.77
    Originally posted by lotjx
    Having said that, its a very very slim possibility of him coming back to wrestling let alone to little brother TNA. Honestly, I could care less of we see him again in the ring. I am sure they will do some bullshit HOF with him for him to cash a Mania paycheck the next night with a run-in. Maybe not this year, but down the line.


Well, Brock and Vince had a deal worked out for him to work last year's Wrestlemania and he's signed a royalties contract to be in the video game, so he's already in the fold with WWE.


    I'd rather have Jericho back


They aren't mutually exclusive; you'll have Jericho back tomorrow.
Scottyflamingo
Bratwurst








Since: 23.6.10
From: Auburn, AL

Since last post: 370 days
Last activity: 99 days
#30 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.90
IMO it isn't even worth it to sign Brock. It instantly make WWE look second class to UFC if you have him come in and dominate. And it would be pointless to build up Brock because he really only works as a monster. But he can't be a monster because he's gotten his ass beaten in his last two fights.

On top of that, he hates the schedule and probably isn't the most respected guy in the locker room.

And we aren't even talking about his health. He had over a foot of his intestine removed. That's nothing to sneeze at. While watching the fight my friends and I commented that Brock didn't look nearly as in shape as he used to be, being lighter and a little flabby. Also, before the knockout, Brock seemed to be super sensitive to ever shot to the midsection. I don't think it is out of line to assume that he might not be physically capable of doing any sort of athletic performance.

So what do we have? A guy who is high priced, doesn't have the best attitude, and may not be close to 100% physically. Not worth it.

I don't even think he'd be an asset to TNA. If Hogan's name value didn't help them, nothing will. The only way he'd pay off is if Heyman came in with him and they ditched Hogan/Bischoff/Russo, and that would be more because of the management changes than anything Brock himself would do.
graves9
Frankfurter








Since: 19.2.10
From: Brooklyn NY

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 6 hours
#31 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.43
    Originally posted by Scottyflamingo
    IMO it isn't even worth it to sign Brock. It instantly make WWE look second class to UFC if you have him come in and dominate. And it would be pointless to build up Brock because he really only works as a monster. But he can't be a monster because he's gotten his ass beaten in his last two fights.

    On top of that, he hates the schedule and probably isn't the most respected guy in the locker room.

    And we aren't even talking about his health. He had over a foot of his intestine removed. That's nothing to sneeze at. While watching the fight my friends and I commented that Brock didn't look nearly as in shape as he used to be, being lighter and a little flabby. Also, before the knockout, Brock seemed to be super sensitive to ever shot to the midsection. I don't think it is out of line to assume that he might not be physically capable of doing any sort of athletic performance.

    So what do we have? A guy who is high priced, doesn't have the best attitude, and may not be close to 100% physically. Not worth it.

    I don't even think he'd be an asset to TNA. If Hogan's name value didn't help them, nothing will. The only way he'd pay off is if Heyman came in with him and they ditched Hogan/Bischoff/Russo, and that would be more because of the management changes than anything Brock himself would do.
I disagree with pretty much all of this. The guy has drawn massive buyrates for the Ufc if the WWE brings him in and builds him up and builds up his match properly they'll draw a massive buyrate and pop some good ratings. He would more than worth the money money if they did it right. If the plan is to tear him down like they've done to the Rock well you might as well not bring him in.

(edited by graves9 on 2.1.12 1543)
Hogan's My Dad
Andouille








Since: 8.6.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 16 hours
Last activity: 16 hours
#32 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.73
    Originally posted by graves9
    I disagree with pretty much all of this. The guy has drawn massive buyrates for the Ufc if the WWE brings him in and builds him up and builds up his match properly they'll draw a massive buyrate and pop some good ratings. He would more than worth the money money if they did it right. If the plan is to tear him down like they've done to the Rock well you might as well not bring him in.

How in God's name have that torn down the Rock? He shows up and buries everyone and makes Cena (their top face) look like a goof. I'm sure Survivor Series could have done fifty thousand more buys if they'd competently built it up, but that doesn't amount to tearing down the Rock. Brock will be coming in with a huge negative stigma over this beatdown he seemed to just accept AND he's got health concerns which are quite worrying, as ScottyFlamingo brought up.





Quiet, Or Papa Spank!
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread rated: 6.19
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread ahead: 1/2/12 - What's your guess?
Next thread: SmackDown #645 12-30-11
Previous thread: WWE Superstars #143 12/29/11
(1267 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
uh... no picture on my d drive ...
Related threads: Randy Orton injured at 12/30/11 SD taping - Jack Swagger's wife does porn while Jack Swagger does a new internet show. - C.M. Punk interview from April 2004 - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - Let the Brock Speculation begin (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.454 seconds.