The W
Views: 134062395
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
20.6.18 1039
The W - Current Events & Politics - Kerry & McCain?
This thread has 12 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.79
Pages: 1
(1524 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (7 total)
ThreepMe
Morcilla








Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 5037 days
Last activity: 4696 days
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.11
http://news.yahoo.com/ news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/ 20040310/ap_on_el_pr/ kerry_mccain

I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't this be pretty awesome?



"Are you kidding me? A soda with MY name on it? Now more than ever, SODAS RULE!" - Edge to Christian Smackdown Sept 7th 2000
Promote this thread!
Grimis
Scrapple








Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 2605 days
Last activity: 1060 days
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.29
No, not particularly.



ThreepMe
Morcilla








Since: 15.2.02
From: Dallas

Since last post: 5037 days
Last activity: 4696 days
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.11
I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.

Just as long as they end up balancing each other instead of butting heads.





"Are you kidding me? A soda with MY name on it? Now more than ever, SODAS RULE!" - Edge to Christian Smackdown Sept 7th 2000
Von Maestro
Boudin rouge








Since: 6.1.04
From: New York

Since last post: 497 days
Last activity: 70 days
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.52
    Originally posted by ThreepMe
    I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.


If by "bipartisan ticket" you mean, someone who is a Democrat & someone who says he is a Republican but is basically a Democrat, then yes it would be.

To call Kerry/McCain a "bipartisan ticket", would be like calling a Bush/Miller ticket "bipartisan"...
eviljonhunt81
Pepperoni








Since: 6.1.02
From: not Japan

Since last post: 4323 days
Last activity: 4320 days
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.70
    Originally posted by Von Maestro
      Originally posted by ThreepMe
      I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.


    If by "bipartisan ticket" you mean, someone who is a Democrat & someone who says he is a Republican but is basically a Democrat, then yes it would be.

    To call Kerry/McCain a "bipartisan ticket", would be like calling a Bush/Miller ticket "bipartisan"...


Besides not exactly being thrilled with the President, how is McCain a Democrat?



Weekly Visitor

Jersey Is Dead - New Stuff! Unemployment is your friend!

Japanese Toys on Ebay
DrDirt
Banger








Since: 8.10.03
From: flyover country

Since last post: 238 days
Last activity: 140 days
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.75
    Originally posted by Von Maestro
      Originally posted by ThreepMe
      I think it would. A bipartisan ticket.


    If by "bipartisan ticket" you mean, someone who is a Democrat & someone who says he is a Republican but is basically a Democrat, then yes it would be.

    To call Kerry/McCain a "bipartisan ticket", would be like calling a Bush/Miller ticket "bipartisan"...


You know earlier alot of Rep's were whacking the Dem's because of not having a place in the party for people like Zell Miller. This is the same thing.

Why is it today you may only believe a particular set of items and agree with the leadership or you're not really part of that party. The reasons the Dem's are in trouble today is they forgeot the big tent.



Perception is reality
Von Maestro
Boudin rouge








Since: 6.1.04
From: New York

Since last post: 497 days
Last activity: 70 days
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.49
    Originally posted by eviljonhunt81
    Besides not exactly being thrilled with the President, how is McCain a Democrat?


Many of his co-sponsored bills, were more Left than Right. His Campaign Finance Reform legislation is the first that springs to mind...

    Originally posted by DrDirt
    You know earlier alot of Rep's were whacking the Dem's because of not having a place in the party for people like Zell Miller. This is the same thing.

    Why is it today you may only believe a particular set of items and agree with the leadership or you're not really part of that party. The reasons the Dem's are in trouble today is they forgeot the big tent.


My response was not meant to imply that there is no place for McCain in the Republican Party, or to say that Miller shouldn't be a Democrat. I was just pointing out that Kerry/McCain would not be a dream bipartisan simply because one has a "D" next to his name & the other an "R"...

(edit to respond to DrDirt's post... :-)

(edited by Von Maestro on 10.3.04 1350)
Thread rated: 4.79
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: NO Iraqi WMD's in a Decade?
Next thread: California Legislators proposes 14-year old voting age
Previous thread: Fine per person watching?
(1524 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/politics/eric-holder-resignation/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
- StaggerLee, Eric Holder steps down (2014)
The W - Current Events & Politics - Kerry & McCain?Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2018 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.199 seconds.