Umaga over Punk Jericho beats Mysterio via DQ (Morrison attacks Jericho) Cena over Big Show, due to botched interference by The Miz Christian retains over Swagger Edge beats Jeff Hardy, and then loses his title to CM Punk when Punk cashes in Money in the Bank Batista over Orton via McMahon(s) & Triple H interference
Punk/Umaga - I'll go with Punk, as they seem to be building him and it's in Chicago.
Mysterio/Jericho - Rey here, as Jericho doesn't need the IC belt and his heat is pretty much bulletproof at this point.
Cena/Show - Cena, because Show has gotten all of the offense in this feud so far.
Christian/Swagger - Christian, because he'll look like a chump if he loses (not that that's stopped WWE before)
Hardy/Edge - Edge, just to avoid the revolving door of champions (that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Punk cash in still)
Orton/Batista - Orton, pretty obviously. They didn't spend five months of Orton as the number one heel just to immediately job him out to Big Dave. They're at least going to get a Shawn Michaels feud out of him, I'm sure. (When is Shawn due back anyway?)
"Never piss off a hawk with a blowgun" - Conan O'Brien
Originally posted by GodEatGodOrton/Batista - Orton, pretty obviously. They didn't spend five months of Orton as the number one heel just to immediately job him out to Big Dave. They're at least going to get a Shawn Michaels feud out of him, I'm sure. (When is Shawn due back anyway?)
Yeah it's been a long time since I was this sure a face challenger was going to lose a PPV title match.
CM Punk v Umaga : It should be Punk. BUT it's a new feud, so the heel should win, and in WWE logic, the face loses in his hometown. So I'll go with Umaga.
Intercontinental Championship: Rey Mysterio v Chris Jericho: Jericho doesn't need the belt, so Rey wins.
John Cena v Big Show: Cena wins, since he's been taking ass-whooping after ass-whooping in this feud.
ECW Championship: Christian v Jack Swagger: There's no point giving the shaft to Christian by having him job here.
World Heavyweight Championship: Edge v Jeff Hardy: Hopefully Edge so we get the same champions coming out of the PPV as they went in for once.
WWE Championship: Randy Orton v Batista: There's no way WWE flushes Orton's megapush down the shitter by having Dave win here.
Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame Cover up your face, you can't run the race The pace is too fast, you just won't last - "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
- What I Would Like| Punk wins in style to build up his credibility as a threat for the world title. - What They Might Do| Punk wins, but will look like a chump and is not seen as a threat. - What Will Probably Happen| I got a good feeling that they know Edge vs Punk can be a hot seller, so I'll say the first one.
Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho, Intercontinental Championship Match:
- What I Would Like| Jericho wins, the belt gets elevated as these two proceed to have the feud cotninue with Rey wanting the belt back. - What They Might Do| Rey retains as Jericho might be seen as being "above" this belt. - What Will Probably Happen| Rey retaining.
John Cena vs. Big Show:
- What I Would Like| The Big Show winning, dispite Cena pulling out all of the stops. - What They Might Do| As has been mentioend, this has been a one-sided feud so far. Cena may win the match. - What Will Probably Happen| The second one. Cena wins, but not without a beating.
Christian vs. Jack Swagger, ECW Championship Match:
- What I Would Like| Christian winning and having a longer reign with the belt. - What They Might Do| Bring the belt back to Swagger so a face can chase a heel (a homegrown heel, at that). - What Will Probably Happen| Got a good feeling Christian will retain.
Edge vs. Jeff Hardy, World Heavyweight Championship:
- What I Would Like| Edge retains in a hard fought match where by the end he is OUT. Punk come sout....and does nothing at all. As he recovers, he gets up and see's Punk right behind him. Punk does still nothing.
Over the course of the next month Punk continually does that, and walks around with that brief case. Edge gradually decends into paranoia and madness. Hilarity ensues!
- What They Might Do| Edge wins, Punk cashes in his hometown. Or Edge will win with no cash-in. Either way with Hardy's contract situation I doubt they will give him the title. - What Will Probably Happen| Edge wins, no cash-in. Unless they want to turn Punk heel, then Hardy wins....and Punk takes him out then to wint he title.
Randy Orton vs. Batista, WWE Championship:
- What I Would Like| Orton wins. - What They Might Do| Orton winning. - What Will Probably Happen| Orton winning, for pretty much every reason tohers have already said.
(edited by El Nastio on 14.5.09 1351) You know, I really don't know what to put here. Close your eyes and thank of something funny!
Punk Mysterio Cena Christian Edge Randy Orton - I think HHH returns and maybe costs Batista the title similar to the way Dave's distraction led to HHH losing the belt at Backlash. Which will lead to the inevitable HHH heel turn.
They seem to have booked themselves into a corner this month, as so many titles changed hands at Backlash, you would not THINK they would switch them so quickly again.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Jeff Hardy/Edge-Jeff is right, Edge will lose his title, but Jeff won't be walking out with it either. Punk cashes in on JEFF after he wins, saying a straightedge should hold the title, not a screwup like Jeff. I know its very unlikely, but I'd dig it.
Ladies and gentlemen, the following public service message is brought to you by your friends from D-Generation X, who would like to remind each and every one of you that if you're not down with that, we've got two words for you... Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho gets one for his other thumb. It fits with the rumors that Rey needs time off the road (though I don't think that necessarily translates to "time off TV"), and it also fits in well with the other events I think will happen on this night.
CM Punk vs. Umaga: Umaga wins (see Hometown Rule, Rule of PPV Comeback Matches), but he does so after Punk beats him unconscious with a chair or some other foreign implement - a vital development in order to set the end of the show I'm seeing up.
ECW Championship: They just put the title on Christian and it'd be silly to take it off him now. It's been pretty clear for a while now anyway that they've been building towards the face-face respect dynamic for Tommy Dreamer's retirement match at the next PPV, anyway.
Morrison vs. Benjamin: Morrison's been on a roll since the move to Smackdown and there's no reason to stop now. Plus, they've already teased a feud with Jericho for him, and a win combined with Jericho winning the IC title would set up that feud nicely.
WWE Championship: Duh, Orton wins. However much I feel he doesn't deserve his slot on the card aside, All the effort they've put into building up the Legacy would seem wasted if they jobbed him out now - and Batista's future is obviously in a heel run against Trips, anyway.
Cena vs. Big Show: Show in a minor upset. They need to stall as long as possible before they put Cena & Orton in a program together again, and Judgment Day has certainly seen its share of shocking outcomes in the past (Khali over Undertaker clean, anyone?).
World Championship: Edge wins after Jeff Hardy takes him to the limit - but then has to deal with the horror of CM Punk (finally freed from the specter of Umaga) cashing in against him again and winning the title in his hometown to cap the show off.
smark/net attack Advisory System Status is: Elevated (Holds; June 18, 2006) While the switch from Cena to RVD should alleviate some complaints, the inevitability of the belt's return to Cena (note where Summerslam is this year) and the poor initial showing by the new ECW are enough to keep the indicator where it is for now. The pieces are in place, though, especially on RAW, for improvements to be made to the IWC's psyche in the near future.
I'm a longtime Weinerboard lurker, I enjoy reading the threads but usually don't interject, but I am curious if anyone knows what happened to Gail Kim? I don't remember if she was injured or anything, or sent down for more training, or what.