$199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, with a new two year contract. If your AT&T contract comes up any time in 2010, you get the new pricing (assuming you add two more years to the contract)
- Improved camera on the back, for better low light photos, and a new front facing camera
- That front facing camera allows for video calls over a service they're calling FaceTime. As of now, it's wifi only. They're working on getting phone company approval, probably not this year.
- Battery life up 16%
- Sharper image quality; more pixels, clearer images.
- it uses a new version of the OS (now called iOS4), which includes multiprocessing. 3G and 3GS can upgrade, though they don't get all the features. iPod Touch can also upgrade, and that's free for the first time. Software comes out June 21st.
- iBooks app from the iPad is now here also, allowing you to read books on your phone. Includes a free PDF viewer and is in color.
- NetFlix app also comes over from the iPad. They say it'll be working over 3G as well as Wifi, but I wouldn't count on it being much good.
- a movie editing app, allowing you to cut up movies and add a transitions on the fly.
I'm out of contract on my current phone and this all seems tempting.
I am getting a new computer at work in about an hour. I use Firefox at work (unauthorized, oops). The IT person isn't allowed to help me, so I need to know how to transfer my bookmarks in Firefox to my new machine.