THC has an extremely low toxicity and the amount that can enter the body through the consumption of cannabis plants poses no threat of death. In lab animal tests, scientists have had much difficulty administering a dosage of THC that is high enough to be lethal. It also appears that humans cannot die from ingesting too much THC, unless it were introduced into the body intravenously (See also: Intravenous Marijuana Syndrome). Indeed, a 1988 ruling from the United States Department of Justice concluded that "In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity."
Aside from a subjective change in perception, the most common short-term physical and neurological effects include increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, impairment of psychomotor coordination, concentration, and short-term episodic and working memory
Originally posted by Mr. BoffoI don't know much about marijuana. I've never ingested it in any manner. Is an "overdose" possible, or was it more likely paranoia brought on by the drugs?
What Lise said but remember you can OD and kill yourself on water. If you can put it into your body, you can OD on it, however, unlikely that is. That doesn't necessarily mean you can kill yourself with a substance easily.
You'd have to have eaten a hell of a lot of brownies to "OD" on marijuana. Or they would have to have been cooked with a severe excess of oil, since there's only so much cannabanoid that can be extracted and infused into cooking oil.
This was certainly a case of paranoia/freak out by somebody who didn't know exactly what they were getting themselves into.
Lloyd: When I met Mary, I got that old fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her. Harry: That's a special feeling.
I think it's just for new users, but judging by various message board commenters elsewhere, there may be some tricky ways around that. I also think it won't start until at least midnight Pacific so it'll be a bit longer before we know for sure...