The W
Views: 97700028
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
26.7.14 0614
The W - Site Bashing - Hyatte vs. Keith (Page 3)
This thread has 156 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next(473 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (109 total)
Jay Bower
Cotechino








Since: 28.2.02

Since last post: 3796 days
Last activity: 3785 days
#41 Posted on
"Scott Keith posted twice early in this thread and called in a favor from one of his longtime backbenchers (but an ``impartial observer,'' of course)."

Honestly I didn't even know that Scott had posted in this thread before I responded but if you wan't to make assumptions that the most important thing on my agenda Mondy morning was commendeering a GRANDIOSE message board scheme of subliminal deception, so be it. Just stating my opinion that "Matt" sounded like a 16 year old Hyatte mark and his credibility should be treated accordingly. You may disagree and that's fine, we are all entitled to our own opinions.



Jay Bower
TheSmarks.com/A1wrestling.com
tarnish
Frankfurter








Since: 13.2.02
From: Back in the Heart of Hali

Since last post: 411 days
Last activity: 10 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#42 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.46

    Honestly I didn't even know that Scott had posted in this thread before I responded


Translation: ``I didn't actually read the thread, I was too busy rushing to Scott's defense to bother to see if he had defended himself.''

You're right, that makes you sound even more impartial.


    ...but if you wan't to make assumptions that the most important thing on my agenda Mondy morning was commendeering a GRANDIOSE message board scheme of subliminal deception, so be it.


I don't think there was anything GRANDIOSE or subliminal about it. Deceptive, though? Yes. You've been working with Scott for how long now? Please don't insult people by suggesting you are anything approaching impartial or that you're an outsider.


    Just stating my opinion that "Matt" sounded like a 16 year old Hyatte mark and his credibility should be treated accordingly. You may disagree and that's fine, we are all entitled to our own opinions.


An you sounded like a 16 year-old Keith mark. Should your credibility be any less suspect?

And yes, you're right, I am entitled to my opinion that your post wasn't impartial and was fueled by a desire to defend Scott, for whatever reason.



/tarnish...
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb, like salt water and parsley... -- Prince Paul
KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami








Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3580 days
Last activity: 3564 days
AIM:  
#43 Posted on
This is getting silly. Can't we all just agree that Scott sucks and get on with it? I mean, this is so nerdy of us.



Weiner #91~Weiner of the Day-27.03

You can WWEat my shorts.
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#44 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.05

    Originally posted by KevinKellyisFNHardcore
    This is getting silly. Can't we all just agree that Scott sucks and get on with it? I mean, this is so nerdy of us.


we're wrestling fans...it is expected that we're nerdy ^_^



"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." -Lewis Black
"Yeah, fuck you E.T. you ungrateful dick." -BigDaddyLoco 5/20/2
AWArulz
Knackwurst








Since: 28.1.02
From: Louisville, KY

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 7 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#45 Posted on

    Originally posted by Co-Co-Nut
    Just out of curiosity - is anyone a fan of both writers? I've been reading Keith for a while, and while not always agreeing with what he writes, have always found myself entertained. I've only been exposed to Hyatte through 411, but of course have heard of him in the past. He's quickly becoming my favorite Internet wrestling writer. Also very entertaining. Am I the only one who enjoys both? Or, maybe more accurately, am I the only one who will admit to it?


I used to read SK a lot, when he was on Wrestlemaniacs and Wrestleline. I read whatever he posts on OO these days. I don't get to 411 much. I like his little fantasy thing (World hero league) better. Frankly, Hyatte bores me. I started hearing about him some years ago on TNFD and found him (Was it on Scoops?) and thought he was boring then. We are not amused.

I like Scaia and CRZ and wish Al was writing and miss MiCasa even more. And most of the people here are relatively literate. Even SeaDawg. But Scaia will always be internet writing as far as I am concerned.



You Humanoids will believe anything!
asteroidboy
Andouille








Since: 22.1.02
From: Texas

Since last post: 1340 days
Last activity: 248 days
#46 Posted on
Hyatte is more entertaining because you get the feeling that he gets laid every once and awhile. And doesn't rate it, afterwards.



"My brother saw the Undertaker walking through an airport." - Rex

"Was he no-selling?" - Me
Fazzle
Kishke








Since: 2.1.02
From: Wilmington, NC

Since last post: 3489 days
Last activity: 3090 days
#47 Posted on
Right. He just tells Pat Patterson jokes instead.



thecubsfan
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: Aurora, IL

Since last post: 10 hours
Last activity: 6 hours
#48 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
>And most of the people here are relatively literate. Even
>SeaDawg.

I just wanted to repeat that wonderful line.
KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami








Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3580 days
Last activity: 3564 days
AIM:  
#49 Posted on
    Originally posted by Fazzle
    Right. He just tells Pat Patterson jokes instead.


Go ahead and attack asteroidboy if need to, but I think he has a valid point, he just tried to present it in a less than obvious way. I think what he's trying to say is that Hyatte is more pleasing to read because he seems like a guy who has a life outside the internet wrestling scene. He's more relaxed and comfortable with his place. He's very self-depricating a lot of the time, admitting when he sucks (which happens sometimes). Scott, on the other hand will never admit when he's wrong or isn't writing at his best. Scott will flat out deny that BUZZ was putrid if you told him, but Hyatte admits that the X8 Mop-Up wasn't his best and he says so right there. Hyatte is just much cooler about his persona than Scott. Scott desperately wants to be an "authority" on wrestling. Hyatte is just having fun and people appreciate that more. "Getting laid" may or may not have something to do with that. As far as Pat Patterson, it's a running joke now, the jokes themselves aren't even that funny anymore. The fact that he's still telling them makes me laugh. To each his own I guess. I just wish Hyatte would do "And Another Thing" again. Those columns really were the best thing on the 'net. Sometimes funny, often times poignant, but always smart. Give me one time Keith wrote anything as heartfelt and as devoid of cynicism as the Tully Blanchard piece "The Road"?

(edited by KevinKellyisFNHardcore on 13.6.02 1444)


Weiner #91~Weiner of the Day-27.03

You can WWEat my shorts.
tarnish
Frankfurter








Since: 13.2.02
From: Back in the Heart of Hali

Since last post: 411 days
Last activity: 10 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#50 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.46
If Scott Keith is so pathetic and stupid, then tell me this:

Are you any less pathetic or stupid for dedicating your time and energy to posting about how pathetic and stupid he is? I mean, he's got established spots on a couple of reasonably well-known website, has published a book, has another book on the way, and gets comped tickets to WWE events. Fame and Fortune? Hardly. But what have you got?

Let me guess, you wouldn't want what he has, right?

Then why do you spend so much time slagging it? If reading Scott Keith isn't worth your time, why dedicate so much effort to trying to convince other people it's not worth theirs? Are we not able to decide for ourselves? If your opinion mattered even one iota to me, I'd probably read your column/website/book.

You don't have one? Imagine that.

This is just as valid from the other perspective (i.e. that Hyatte sucks).

If you ignore something, it might go away; if you draw attention to it, it most certainly will not. You are not going to embarrass Scott Keith or Chris Hyatte with repeated dumbass ``flames'' on a web board; in fact, they would probably thank you for increasing their exposure.

Hyatte started a netfeud this week. It's bound to be entertaining. I doubt it's going to have any serious balls to it, but it's already been good for a few laughs. Leave the flaming to the professionals, please, otherwise you look like just another sacless wonder, lining up to spit on the prone form of the guy who stole your lunch money -- after somebody who actually has a pair took him out.

Edit: If you really want to speak out on columnists, why not tell CRZ or Llakor, or cfgb or CubsFan or BucsFan or SeaDawg or a ton of other guys making the effort why you love them? Saying something nice about someone who's here makes far more sense that slagging someone who only comes here to defend himself or troll for column filler...

(edited by tarnish on 13.6.02 1932)

/tarnish...
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb, like salt water and parsley... -- Prince Paul
Fazzle
Kishke








Since: 2.1.02
From: Wilmington, NC

Since last post: 3489 days
Last activity: 3090 days
#51 Posted on

    Originally posted by KevinKellyisFNHardcore
    The fact that he's still telling them makes me laugh.


Holy Kau, he's still telling them? Damn, I haven't read Hyatte in years, and I was expecing someone to bring up that he hasn't told them in a long as time. But, he still tells them? Sheesh, that just seems sad.



KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami








Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3580 days
Last activity: 3564 days
AIM:  
#52 Posted on

    Originally posted by Fazzle

      Originally posted by KevinKellyisFNHardcore
      The fact that he's still telling them makes me laugh.


    Holy Kau, he's still telling them? Damn, I haven't read Hyatte in years, and I was expecing someone to bring up that he hasn't told them in a long as time. But, he still tells them? Sheesh, that just seems sad.



Hyatte's act hasn't changed at all, but I still like it. I do have to say that your La Parka picture cracks me up. Anything with the Chairman in it makes me laugh.



Weiner #91~Weiner of the Day-27.03

You can WWEat my shorts.

Tie me kangaroo down sport. Tie me kangaroo down.
ManiacalClown
Landjager








Since: 2.1.02
From: Houston, TX

Since last post: 456 days
Last activity: 456 days
AIM:  
#53 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.00

    Originally posted by tarnish

    You don't have one? Imagine that.



Allow me to direct you to Subversia, home of the Best Writers on the Planet AND their columns.



Subversia - We [heart] Puff Mario
Llakor
Landjager








Since: 2.1.02
From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA

Since last post: 472 days
Last activity: 463 days
AIM:  
#54 Posted on
Edit: If you really want to speak out on columnists, why not tell CRZ or Llakor, or cfgb or CubsFan or BucsFan or SeaDawg or a ton of other guys making the effort why you love them? Saying something nice about someone who's here makes far more sense that slagging someone who only comes here to defend himself or troll for column filler...

not to mention DrOp & Brewguy...

Somebody [hearts] me? Now I feel as giddy as a little girl...



"Don't Blame CANADA, Blame Yourselves!"
DrewDewce
Bratwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Derby City

Since last post: 23 days
Last activity: 3 days
Y!:
#55 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.75
I appreciate anyone who takes the time out of thier day to inform/entertain/amuse me, and Hyatte, CRZ, Keith, and the Rick have done that more than anyone else since I first found wrestling websites on the net. I enjoy reading all of them, and I hope they continue to find satisfaction in doing so.

Of course (as usual), Flea has to be one of the better voices of reason and keep things in perspective. Hopefully, summer ends early in FLA, and we'll see him around a little more regularly too.



drew2 - Giddyup!!
Jay Bower
Cotechino








Since: 28.2.02

Since last post: 3796 days
Last activity: 3785 days
#56 Posted on
"Hopefully, summer ends early in FLA, and we'll see him (Flea)around a little more regularly too."

As a fellow resident, I can tell you that summer ends in Florida around November usually :)



Jay Bower
TheSmarks.com/A1wrestling.com
KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami








Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3580 days
Last activity: 3564 days
AIM:  
#57 Posted on
    Originally posted by tarnish
    If Scott Keith is so pathetic and stupid, then tell me this:

    Are you any less pathetic or stupid for dedicating your time and energy to posting about how pathetic and stupid he is? I mean, he's got established spots on a couple of reasonably well-known website, has published a book, has another book on the way, and gets comped tickets to WWE events. Fame and Fortune? Hardly. But what have you got?

    Let me guess, you wouldn't want what he has, right?

    Then why do you spend so much time slagging it? If reading Scott Keith isn't worth your time, why dedicate so much effort to trying to convince other people it's not worth theirs? Are we not able to decide for ourselves? If your opinion mattered even one iota to me, I'd probably read your column/website/book.

    You don't have one? Imagine that.

    This is just as valid from the other perspective (i.e. that Hyatte sucks).

    If you ignore something, it might go away; if you draw attention to it, it most certainly will not. You are not going to embarrass Scott Keith or Chris Hyatte with repeated dumbass ``flames'' on a web board; in fact, they would probably thank you for increasing their exposure.

    Hyatte started a netfeud this week. It's bound to be entertaining. I doubt it's going to have any serious balls to it, but it's already been good for a few laughs. Leave the flaming to the professionals, please, otherwise you look like just another sacless wonder, lining up to spit on the prone form of the guy who stole your lunch money -- after somebody who actually has a pair took him out.

    Edit: If you really want to speak out on columnists, why not tell CRZ or Llakor, or cfgb or CubsFan or BucsFan or SeaDawg or a ton of other guys making the effort why you love them? Saying something nice about someone who's here makes far more sense that slagging someone who only comes here to defend himself or troll for column filler...

    (edited by tarnish on 13.6.02 1932)



I'm sure the fact that you feel the need to defend these men who have their own platform to defend themselves is not anymore a waste of time than anything anyone else has said. But see, the difference is YOU'RE talking so your opinion is much more valid than mine. So, sorry for stepping on your toes. Scott and Hyatte can say whatever they want about anybody because they're "professionals". Of course, they're the only "professionals" who don't get paid for what they do and do it for fun just like how we all post here for fun. When I'm no longer able to sound off as I please about something I don't like then please feel free to shut the internet down. And come on, it's not like it takes a whole lot of time or energy to say what I say so don't pretend like I'm "wasting my life". Just remember tarnish, if you're going to preach about something at least be able to say you do the same. You're spending too much time concerned with me.

(edited by KevinKellyisFNHardcore on 13.6.02 2230)


Weiner #91~Weiner of the Day-27.03

You can WWEat my shorts.

Tie me kangaroo down sport. Tie me kangaroo down.
DrOp
Frankfurter








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 2145 days
Last activity: 1012 days
#58 Posted on
I'm gonna go with tarnish and Llakor and say that everyone could put a positive spin on this by talking about who they like and why in the Site Feedback folder. CRZ puts a ton of freelance content up and it would be nice to see/hear what people think. Feedback rules.

The whole Keith-Hyatte thing is like a good 80s song. You still like it. You'll isten when it comes on. ou might even sing along if you remember the words. But at the end of the day, it's still old. Amusing, but old. And dated. MO of course.



Your Suffering Will Be Legendary, Even in Hell!!

...And Marking Out
Slashwrestling.com
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#59 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.05

    Originally posted by DrOp
    I'm gonna go with tarnish and Llakor and say that everyone could put a positive spin on this by talking about who they like and why in the Site Feedback folder. CRZ puts a ton of freelance content up and it would be nice to see/hear what people think. Feedback rules.

    The whole Keith-Hyatte thing is like a good 80s song. You still like it. You'll isten when it comes on. ou might even sing along if you remember the words. But at the end of the day, it's still old. Amusing, but old. And dated. MO of course.



time to close this thread, we're starting to beat a dead horse...

with all that's going on with austin, i can't wait to read EVERYONE's thoughts, CRZ's [has some in his SD report] the RICK!~, SK, and Hyatte...

and i stopped reading the last 2 about 18 months ago...



"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." -Lewis Black
"Yeah, fuck you E.T. you ungrateful dick." -BigDaddyLoco 5/20/2
"MAY PRE HOUSE THE SEAMY SIDE VOLITATION!!!" Warning from a "Flying Goku" Dragon Ball Z toy
"When two trains come to a crossing, neither shall go until the other has passed." Washington State law
"Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes." Pennsylvania State law
Papercuts!
Potato korv








Since: 3.1.02
From: Springfield, Mo.

Since last post: 4376 days
Last activity: 4286 days
#60 Posted on | Instant Rating: 0.00

    Originally posted by KevinKellyisFNHardcore
    When I'm no longer able to sound off as I please about something I don't like then please feel free to shut the internet down. And come on, it's not like it takes a whole lot of time or energy to say what I say so don't pretend like I'm "wasting my life".
Respectfully...
You're more than welcome to your opinon. That's the beauty of the internet. The real catch is that you've flogged the dead "KevinKellyisFNHardcore doesn't like Scott Keith" Horse about 15 times too many in this thread.

WE GET IT.

I'll say it again for clarity:

WE GET IT.

I think that's what people are trying to tell you. It's clear you don't like him. It would be nice for you to expend your energies and attention elsewhere now. You don't have to, but I would imagine you're going to continue receiving a lot of criticism as long as you continue to -- as I said before -- beat a dead horse.



--Jason Baldwin
Writer of Stuff About Comic Books
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 NextThread ahead: www.billgoldberg.com
Next thread: A gem from Mallory Mahling
Previous thread: HOGAN WINS TITLE!!!
(473 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
What are you talking about? A pop up on 411?
- CajunMan, 411 gets violent (2002)
The W - Site Bashing - Hyatte vs. Keith (Page 3)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.116 seconds.