The W
Views: 99938690
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
@263 .beats
The W - Pro Wrestling - Hugh Morrus follow-up
This thread has 5 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1(11809 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (9 total)
JHCA13
Cotechino








Since: 25.7.02
From: Carbondale,PA,USA

Since last post: 3368 days
Last activity: 3181 days
AIM:  
#1 Posted on
A few weeks ago I posed a question on the possible name change for Hugh Morrus. After reading the Ross Report my question has been answered. JR said...

"Bill DeMott, no longer known as Hugh Morrus, narrowly avoided losing his life in a tragic car accident in Los Angeles this week. Bill is OK and on his way to Iceland with the Tough Enough 3 folks. Bill DeMott can be a main-eventer here with the right creative presentation and is a helluva great guy."...

I think it is a good move for him. Maybe as a Tough Enough Trainer he can gain some fans and TV time.

Any other comments?

Promote this thread!
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 8 days
Last activity: 7 hours
#2 Posted on
I remember it being reported a few days ago that Hugh Morrus would begin using his real name.

Did anybody else immediately think "Hugh G. Rection"?



"That's right! You suckas better FIND somewhere to run! 'cause it's me - Booker T - not only am I the Scorpion King, but I'm the five-time WCW Champion - and I got a sword, too! Now can U dig THAT - SUCKAAAAAS"
-Booker T, Hollywood's next big superstar!

"Sing along with The Rock is now over!"
-The Rock after getting booed out of Long Island

Hugh Morrus is now using his real name. NO, he is NOT calling himself Hugh G. Rection!!

And that's the bottom line, because it's false! It's DAMN false!
tomvejada
Andouille








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 4073 days
Last activity: 4073 days
#3 Posted on
The Tough Enough group is headed to Iceland?

This is like when the Real Worlders go to a different country every year.



"I just got pinned by a friggin twelve-year-old."

Kurt Angle
drjayphd
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 22.4.02
From: Long Island

Since last post: 32 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on

    Originally posted by tomvejada
    The Tough Enough group is headed to Iceland?

    This is like when the Real Worlders go to a different country every year.



Except, mercifully, the TE kiddies have to, you know, do stuff. That is, assuming this season's anything like last season.
BigDaddyLoco
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 5 hours
#5 Posted on
Hugh is a talented big man, but he's no more than a mid carder. So he can flip off the top rope, big deal. Lots of fat guys can. In my opinion Albert has more upside as a *Monster* than Morrus. Hugh Morrus was put in a pretty good spot in WCW. He was feuding with a guy that had half of the singles titles and was represnting the good ole USofA. Now I'll put some of the blame on bad booking and a bad gimmick, but only some. Hugh Morrus, General E Rection, did nothing on his own to improve the feud. If nothing else he helped drag it down. Morrus is just the latest *Hoss* hype coming from under the Big Black Hat. Hopefully he'll end up as nothing more than a Tough Enough trainer.



Guru Zim
SQL Dejection
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: Bay City, OR

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 2 hours
AIM:  
#6 Posted on
Yeah, being saddled with the name Huge Erection didn't hurt him at all.

Whatever

I really liked Hugh towards the end of WCW, and I think now that he is down to 280 from the top end of 330-350 that he was at back in WCW we will see quicker matches and more action.

I was, and still am, a Bill DeMott fan.



4 days and counting.
redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 479 days
Last activity: 479 days
#7 Posted on

    Originally posted by JHCA13
    A few weeks ago I posed a question on the possible name change for Hugh Morrus. After reading the Ross Report my question has been answered. JR said...

    "Bill DeMott, no longer known as Hugh Morrus, narrowly avoided losing his life in a tragic car accident in Los Angeles this week. Bill is OK and on his way to Iceland with the Tough Enough 3 folks. Bill DeMott can be a main-eventer here with the right creative presentation and is a helluva great guy."...

    I think it is a good move for him. Maybe as a Tough Enough Trainer he can gain some fans and TV time.

    Any other comments?




Being a Tough Enough Trainer really helped Chavo's career take off. And lets not forget how much it helped Tori.



Thank you Mr. Wanz for the check, now you get an AWA World Title Reign. But be careful, my boy Greg is a heat machine.
WyldeWolf1
Boerewors








Since: 20.6.02
From: Florida

Since last post: 4431 days
Last activity: 4431 days
#8 Posted on
I actually feel they could have done more with Al Snow following his TE stints. He actually came off as a likable but tough face. Instead, he played mother hen to Maven a few times and disappeared.

New thought...get all the TE rejects with an ounce of potential, train them, and form the New Job Squad.

Nevermind...that would suck.



See my avatar? That's what happens when I don't get my way.
AWArulz
Knackwurst








Since: 28.1.02
From: Louisville, KY

Since last post: 1 hour
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
Y!:
#9 Posted on

    Originally posted by BigDaddyLoco
    Hugh is a talented big man, but he's no more than a mid carder. So he can flip off the top rope, big deal. Lots of fat guys can. In my opinion Albert has more upside as a *Monster* than Morrus. Hugh Morrus was put in a pretty good spot in WCW. He was feuding with a guy that had half of the singles titles and was represnting the good ole USofA. Now I'll put some of the blame on bad booking and a bad gimmick, but only some. Hugh Morrus, General E Rection, did nothing on his own to improve the feud. If nothing else he helped drag it down. Morrus is just the latest *Hoss* hype coming from under the Big Black Hat. Hopefully he'll end up as nothing more than a Tough Enough trainer.


Don't forget, BigDaddy, how much a gimick/name change can make for a guy. Can you say Issac Yankem, DDS? I think Demott's got a lot of skills, works a ring pretty good. It's gimmick, not ring work, for the most part. Sure, Mick Foley could put on a move or two, but it was the Cactus Jack character and the ability to bumb that made him great. Not his picture-perfect snap suplex.



We'll be back as soon as order is restored.....
Pages: 1Thread ahead: NWA-TNA WORKRATE REPORT-8/28/02
Next thread: Vindication!
Previous thread: WWE Confidential (Pre-Recorded)
(11809 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Well, as per Meltzer's daily update, Jannetty is going to be signed to a contract. He said it's not 100% yet, but he is expected to go to the Raw side and have some interaction with Shawn Michaels. That ought to be cool.
- BigSteve, Jannetty Spekulation~! (2005)
The W - Pro Wrestling - Hugh Morrus follow-upRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.392 seconds.