The W
Views: 101451814
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
19.12.14 1819
The W - Movies & TV - Heroes SE 01 EP 18 "Parasite"
This thread has 12 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 4.96
Pages: 1
(3725 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (13 total)
Ffej
Boudin rouge








Since: 15.1.02
From: Flatwoods, KY

Since last post: 2380 days
Last activity: 689 days
Y!:
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.15
So now we have to watt until April 23rd for this show to return? #@$%#@ I don't know if that was wise on NBC part. They have the hot show right now and finally squeaked past 24 in the ratings the last couple of weeks. Any 24 fans know if Heroes returns comes after the finale of 24?

After last weeks episode I thought was a decent follow up. It was nice to meet Linderman and for Hiro to get his sword. Ando and Hiro are always the highlight of the show whenever they are on. I thought the scene with Mr. Bennet and his wife when she shows him the note he wrote to himself was powerful as well. Syler brought the awesomeness as usual.

All in all a strong episode, but I don't know if it was a strong enough note to go out on for 6 weeks without a new episode.





Ffej- The 2005 NCAA "W" Tourney Pick 'Em Champion
modernmythpress.com
Promote this thread!
SchippeWreck
Banger








Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 8 hours
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.07
    Originally posted by Ffej
    All in all a strong episode, but I don't know if it was a strong enough note to go out on for 6 weeks without a new episode.

I don't know. I think answering one of the series' longest lingering questions (Peter's scar) while in the middle of a giant cliffhanger is a pretty good way to enter a break.

(edited by SchippeWreck on 5.3.07 2025)


My mom says sigs are bad for you.
Texas Kelly
Lap cheong








Since: 3.1.02
From: FOREST HILLS CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE

Since last post: 106 days
Last activity: 8 hours
ICQ:  
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.02
Ladies and gentlemen, the following public service message is brought to you by your friends from D-Generation X, who would like to remind each and every one of you that if you're not down with that, we've got two words for you...

    Originally posted by Ffej
    So now we have to watt until April 23rd for this show to return? #@$%#@

My thoughts exactly, but if they didn't show the shot of Peter half-healed from the SLICE OF DOOM in the post-show teaser, that would have been one hell of a cliffhanger they left us on. Hopefully this puts an end to the "Peter will turn evil" nonsense for now.

    Originally posted by Ffej
    I don't know if that was wise on NBC part. They have the hot show right now and finally squeaked past 24 in the ratings the last couple of weeks. Any 24 fans know if Heroes returns comes after the finale of 24?

24 has twelve hours left after tonight. Assuming Fox does a 2-hour finale (which they've done in the past) that means both shows would end May 21st, with the final hour of 24 going head-to-head with Heroes' season finale. And I'm not sure where you're getting this "finally" idea from - Heroes has been beating 24 pretty consistently since they started going head-to-head, on average by about 1-1.5 million a night.

    Originally posted by Ffej
    After last weeks episode I thought was a decent follow up. It was nice to meet Linderman and for Hiro to get his sword. Ando and Hiro are always the highlight of the show whenever they are on.

Honest to god, I wasn't expecting Ando to show up in the security uniform. That came totally out of left field for me. I just hope that Hiro doesn't continue to have problems with his powers just because he continues to believe he fails (having teleported to the apocalyptic future).

    Originally posted by Ffej
    I thought the scene with Mr. Bennet and his wife when she shows him the note he wrote to himself was powerful as well.

Might I add the awesome bait-and-switch at the end of the episode with the hot chick whose name I can't remember, so I'll call her Mystique since she has the same power as her. Bennet's in a hell of a lot of trouble now, but what can they really do to him? It's not as though they can reverse what the Haitian did...

(And for those of you who didn't see the episode and were cringing because Simone might not be dead or a super, rest in peace - Simone is very dead, and the alive Simone was just Mystique working her magic.)

    Originally posted by Ffej
    Syler brought the awesomeness as usual.

Correction: Mohinder brought the fucking awesomeness. I was marking out when he revealed he had Sylar dead to rights all this time and then proceeded to torture him both with the toner and with the non-anesthetic spinal biopsy. (If House were a real doctor, he'd probably go "DAMN!" after watching that scene.) I'm happy my faith in Mohinder was finally rewarded, as tonight showed just how much badass potential he has.



e-mail me at texas (dot) kelly (at) gmailread a bunch of incoherent nonsense
now 52% more incoherent!
smark/net attack Advisory System is Elevatedsmark/net attack Advisory System Status is: Elevated
(Holds; June 18, 2006)
While the switch from Cena to RVD should alleviate some complaints, the inevitability of the belt's return to Cena (note where Summerslam is this year) and the poor initial showing by the new ECW are enough to keep the indicator where it is for now. The pieces are in place, though, especially on RAW, for improvements to be made to the IWC's psyche in the near future.
StingArmy
Andouille








Since: 3.5.03
From: Georgia bred, you can tell by my Hawk jersey

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 2 days
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.14
I've lost track of how many times this show has gone to commercial with me sitting there with my mouth agape. They just never cease to amaze me with legitimately shocking swerve after swerve. Shapeshifting, the return of Ando, paralysis-flavored tea. Awesomeness.

I have to admit, though, that as soon as Mohinder told "Zane" that his DNA didn't help, I knew that Mohinder had figured Sylar out. It was still pretty sweet to watch it play out though. Sylar's comeback was even sweeter. I have no doubt in my mind that he's the best villain on TV. I wonder if there's any way for Mohinder to make it out of this alive.

EDIT: After further reflection, I've decided that HRG's new partner's power is NOT shapeshifting. Rather, it's some sort of illusion-casting power. Note how she was able to make Simone's body disappear when the police came to investigate the disturbance at Isaac's studio. That makes her about 1000x cooler.

- StingArmy

(edited by StingArmy on 6.3.07 0924)
Leroy
Boudin blanc








Since: 7.2.02

Since last post: 22 hours
Last activity: 20 hours
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.85
    Originally posted by Texas Kelly
    Might I add the awesome bait-and-switch at the end of the episode with the hot chick whose name I can't remember, so I'll call her Mystique since she has the same power as her. Bennet's in a hell of a lot of trouble now, but what can they really do to him? It's not as though they can reverse what the Haitian did...


My theory is that they knew that he'd do everything he could to protect Claire once she became exposed. If she's the key to everything, why not give her to the one guy you know will do anything to keep her hidden - especially considering the fact that there's a pretty scary dude looking for her right now.







"Oh my God! They have a shit-load of Cockapoo stuff!"
-Jennifer's greatest quote... ever.
Tenken347
Boudin blanc








Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.65
    Originally posted by Texas Kelly
    Bennet's in a hell of a lot of trouble now, but what can they really do to him? It's not as though they can reverse what the Haitian did...




Well, they can kill him for one. I'm betting that they'll keep him alive for now to use as leverage against Claire, but they can't lock up someone as awesome as Mr. Bennet for long.
whatever
Lap cheong








Since: 12.2.02
From: Cleveland, Ohio

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.07
    Originally posted by StingArmy
    I've lost track of how many times this show has gone to commercial with me sitting there with my mouth agape. They just never cease to amaze me with legitimately shocking swerve after swerve. Shapeshifting, the return of Ando, paralysis-flavored tea. Awesomeness.

I wholeheartedly agree. "I'm your Grandma." with the Haitian behind her was cool. Ando, well that was awfully convenient. Even though he has no 'special power' to speak of, he is certainly a hero in his own right.

I love the Nathan-Hiro interaction, too. "Flying Man!"

    Originally posted by StingArmy
    I have to admit, though, that as soon as Mohinder told "Zane" that his DNA didn't help, I knew that Mohinder had figured Sylar out. It was still pretty sweet to watch it play out though. Sylar's comeback was even sweeter. I have no doubt in my mind that he's the best villain on TV. I wonder if there's any way for Mohinder to make it out of this alive.

    EDIT: After further reflection, I've decided that HRG's new partner's power is NOT shapeshifting. Rather, it's some sort of illusion-casting power. Note how she was able to make Simone's body disappear when the police came to investigate the disturbance at Isaac's studio. That makes her about 1000x cooler.


THANK YOU. That actually makes a lot more sense, especially with the whole 'background static'-type effect she had going on. Unfortunately, that led to seeing the bait-and-switch at the end coming from a mile away. For all his efforts, HRG is really naive. From bungling Sylar to this whole Claire debacle, it's actually quite amazing he's still alive.

Sylar owns our asses. To hell with the Boogeyman, HE scares me at night. "Let's see how this works."



Quezzy
Knackwurst








Since: 6.1.02
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 1 day
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.62
    Originally posted by StingArmy
    After further reflection, I've decided that HRG's new partner's power is NOT shapeshifting. Rather, it's some sort of illusion-casting power. Note how she was able to make Simone's body disappear when the police came to investigate the disturbance at Isaac's studio. That makes her about 1000x cooler.

    - StingArmy

    (edited by StingArmy on 6.3.07 0924)


Yeah that is a much cooler power, as long as she doesn't wear a fishbowl on her head.



Lance's Response:

THAT IS AWESOME!
Jobberman
Kishke








Since: 2.1.02
From: West Palm Beach, FL

Since last post: 139 days
Last activity: 100 days
#9 Posted on
My DVR cut off the last minute or so of the show. The last thing I saw was Sylar grabbing Peter by the throat.

Can someone fill me in as to what happened?
whatever
Lap cheong








Since: 12.2.02
From: Cleveland, Ohio

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#10 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.07
    Originally posted by Jobberman
    My DVR cut off the last minute or so of the show. The last thing I saw was Sylar grabbing Peter by the throat.

    Can someone fill me in as to what happened?

Sylar said, "You're like me. I'd like to see how that works." Then he proceeded to do his FingerHeadSlicer(TM), and you see a shot of the floor as drops of Peter's blood and a lock of his hair fall.

"To Be Continued"

I wonder, will Peter heal before Sylar can examine his brain?



Alessandro
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 141 days
Last activity: 17 days
#11 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.04
How exactly did Nikki regain control over her body from Jessica? They didn't really seem to do a whole lot in the way of explaining that ...





Mean Green Boston Celtics Message BoardUnofficial Boogeyman Fan Club MemberAre you ready for a web site so hot its gonna feel like somebody took a trayful of cookies and BAKED EM UP IN YOUR ASS


Lexus
Bierwurst








Since: 2.1.02
From: Stafford, VA

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 20 hours
AIM:  
#12 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.87
Yeah but now you get the cool fight between Syler and Peter, and hey, shouldn't Peter be soaking up all of Syler's powers right now?



Hold nothing sacred and you'll never be dissapointed. Especially not this statement.
Von Maestro
Boudin rouge








Since: 6.1.04
From: New York

Since last post: 282 days
Last activity: 8 hours
#13 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.69
    Originally posted by Lexus
    Yeah but now you get the cool fight between Syler and Peter, and hey, shouldn't Peter be soaking up all of Syler's powers right now?


I think the question is whether Sylar will be able to use Peter's power at all. The episode was called "Parasite" & they made it very clear a couple weeks ago that Peter could only call on the powers he's been exposed to if he empathized. Sylar may not even be capable of using Peter's ability.
Thread rated: 4.96
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: Madonna video- Justify My Love
Next thread: Movies coming out 3/9
Previous thread: American Idol 3.6.07 The Final 8 Guys
(3725 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Yeah, uh, you missed the season five Gilmore Girls Boxed Set that was released on Tuesday, December 13. Sigh. Constant Gardner before Oscar Time should help its award chances, maybe, I hope. A Ferris special edition?
- PeterStork, DVD News! (2005)
Related threads: Heroes 2/26 - Heroes 16 - WOW... - Heroes #15 - "Run" - More...
The W - Movies & TV - Heroes SE 01 EP 18 "Parasite"Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.249 seconds.