After last week's stomach punch inducing episode, we now have the aftermath.
- The "scientist" Guardian shows signs of increased powers, and tries to throw down with the Anti-monitor. She loses.
- Aya isn't dead! She downloaded herself into a Manhunter, and looks super creepy!
- Razer is unnerved by this new body, so Aya places herself back into her "normal" body. Razer then tells her that no, he does not love her. He was projecting the love for his past wife onto her. He's sorry, but he cannot love a machine. (Personal opinion; he doesn't want to get hurt again).
- Aya is devastated, and she can't process the emotions. Before the big fight where they team up with the Red Lanterns to throw down against the Anti-monitor, she talks to Hal about how she feels something that humans would call pain.
- Huge fight! Aya realizes what she must do and leaves the ship AGAIN and defeats the Anti-monitor....
Only for her to have all emotions removed, and control of the Anti-monitor's body. She asks Razer why should he care. She is now an emotionless robot, and smacks the ship back.
Another incredible episode. I'm super not happy this show is being canceled.
I thought it was a giant coup out to have Aya back til she turned full Terminator. My wife said it was Hal's fault for her turn, but its all Razer's fault. He got skiddish when he saw her as a Manhunter. I have to say the death of Anti-Monitor was a giant surprise as was the rise of Darth Aya, she is more machine now than man...or AI or whatever.
The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
I really felt the opposite way about the last couple seasons - they felt like they happened because it was still profitable and helped the USA schedule, and not because they had a lot left to say about the characters.