The W
Views: 100025433
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
25.10.14 0403
The W - Football - Goodell suspends Pryor for his 1st 5 games (Page 2)
This thread has 21 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 6.17
Pages: Prev 1 2
(314 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (34 total)
whatever
Lap cheong








Since: 12.2.02
From: Cleveland, Ohio

Since last post: 16 days
Last activity: 15 hours
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
First game he is eligible for: against Cleveland. I will be surprised if he sees the field at all this year.




"As you may have read in Robert Parker's Wine Newsletter, 'Donaghy Estates tastes like the urine of Satan, after a hefty portion of asparagus.'" Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock

redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 481 days
Last activity: 481 days
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.28
    Originally posted by Torchslasher
    Yeah, Pryor should be allowed to play this year.

    (Raiders fan who needs a QB talking here.)





Still would need a QB if he was allowed to play this year.
DirtyMikeSeaver
Boudin rouge








Since: 19.5.02
From: Toronto

Since last post: 31 days
Last activity: 31 days
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.28
Can someone please tell me why everyone wants to convert Pryor to a WR right away? He's going to a team where Trent Edwards or Kyle Boller will be the number 2 QB. At this point, you could seriously convince me that Pryor is the best QB right now on that team. And considering Andy Dalton, John Beck, Tavaris Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne, Kevin Kolb and Alex Smith are all starters for their team, it's not exactly far fetched that Pryor can be better than those guys. For crying out loud, DAN ORLOVSKY collects a check in this league and he did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGs1VuT6FEw



Kevin Kelly: "Mr. Austin, would you like to comment on Wade Keller's Take that endorsing the XFL hurts your anti-authority character?"

Steve Austin: "Oh shit, he actually said that? I thought the boys in the back were ribbing me!"

Kelly: "No, he really said that. Did they tell you the part about you sitting in the stands, looking all skeptical?"

Austin: "AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah... oh man that was too much."
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#24 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.71
    Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver
    Can someone please tell me why everyone wants to convert Pryor to a WR right away? He's going to a team where Trent Edwards or Kyle Boller will be the number 2 QB. At this point, you could seriously convince me that Pryor is the best QB right now on that team. And considering Andy Dalton, John Beck, Tavaris Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne, Kevin Kolb and Alex Smith are all starters for their team, it's not exactly far fetched that Pryor can be better than those guys. For crying out loud, DAN ORLOVSKY collects a check in this league and he did this:

    http://www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=vGs1VuT6FEw


It seems to be heading that way, but there is nothing official from the Skins yet. They want the Giants to prep for both QBs for opening day. Or so they say.



-- 2006 Time magazine Person of the Year --
Fuelly
-- July 2009 Ordained Reverend --
brick
Bockwurst








Since: 17.1.02
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 541 days
Last activity: 537 days
#25 Posted on
    Originally posted by whatever
    First game he is eligible for: against Cleveland. I will be surprised if he sees the field at all this year.


He'll get some playing time, even if it is just a few gimmick plays. Al likes to see his new toys on the field.

Plus with the 3rd QB rules gone, the Raiders can put him on the roster and in the game with little risk.
wmatistic
Andouille








Since: 2.2.04
From: Austin, TX

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.08
    Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver
    Can someone please tell me why everyone wants to convert Pryor to a WR right away? He's going to a team where Trent Edwards or Kyle Boller will be the number 2 QB. At this point, you could seriously convince me that Pryor is the best QB right now on that team. And considering Andy Dalton, John Beck, Tavaris Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne, Kevin Kolb and Alex Smith are all starters for their team, it's not exactly far fetched that Pryor can be better than those guys. For crying out loud, DAN ORLOVSKY collects a check in this league and he did this:

    http://www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=vGs1VuT6FEw


Honestly, yes it is far fetched to me to say he can be better than those guys. He's not even on Tebow's level as a passer. He can be a WR and run the wildcat. That's about it.
DirtyMikeSeaver
Boudin rouge








Since: 19.5.02
From: Toronto

Since last post: 31 days
Last activity: 31 days
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.28
I just saw Trent Edwards "play" QB last night. Believe me, he's worse than Pryor right now. And I would bet BIG money that in 2 yrs, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson and Chad Henne will be in the UFL. And Pryor had a similar completion percentage in 2010 as Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett did.



Kevin Kelly: "Mr. Austin, would you like to comment on Wade Keller's Take that endorsing the XFL hurts your anti-authority character?"

Steve Austin: "Oh shit, he actually said that? I thought the boys in the back were ribbing me!"

Kelly: "No, he really said that. Did they tell you the part about you sitting in the stands, looking all skeptical?"

Austin: "AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah... oh man that was too much."
geemoney
Scrapple








Since: 26.1.03
From: Naples, FL

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 6 hours
AIM:  
#28 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.00
    Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver
    And I would bet BIG money that in 2 yrs, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson and Chad Henne will be in the UFL.


I'd take that bet simply because I don't believe the UFL will be around in two years.



@gregmparks - live Tweeting of Raw and Impact, wrestling thoughts and other slices of life.
wmatistic
Andouille








Since: 2.2.04
From: Austin, TX

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#29 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.08
    Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver
    I just saw Trent Edwards "play" QB last night. Believe me, he's worse than Pryor right now. And I would bet BIG money that in 2 yrs, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson and Chad Henne will be in the UFL. And Pryor had a similar completion percentage in 2010 as Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett did.


Tim Tebow and Jamarcus Russell had amazing completion percentages in college too.

A headcase QB who isn't all that bright and needs a ton of development. How many of those have you seen become worthwhile NFL starters?

DirtyMikeSeaver
Boudin rouge








Since: 19.5.02
From: Toronto

Since last post: 31 days
Last activity: 31 days
#30 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.28
    Originally posted by wmatistic
      Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver
      I just saw Trent Edwards "play" QB last night. Believe me, he's worse than Pryor right now. And I would bet BIG money that in 2 yrs, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson and Chad Henne will be in the UFL. And Pryor had a similar completion percentage in 2010 as Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett did.


    Tim Tebow and Jamarcus Russell had amazing completion percentages in college too.

    A headcase QB who isn't all that bright and needs a ton of development. How many of those have you seen become worthwhile NFL starters?




Somehow I don't see how being bright is a pre-requisite for being a successful QB. Terry Bradshaw, Ben Roethlesberger, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Brett Favre and Phillip Rivers have all had success in some way, shape or form in the NFL and they aren't exactly the brightest fellows.

I'm not saying that Terrelle Pryor will succeed. I'm just baffled by the fact that someone wouldn't think that he isn't at least worth a look at QB, especially as a 3rd round pick. Is someone like Christian Ponder THAT more likely to succeed? Why in a league where Kolb and Tavaris Jackson are handed huge contracts and starting jobs is it so bad that a guy who had a lot of success in a major college program gets a shot of at least being a backup?



Kevin Kelly: "Mr. Austin, would you like to comment on Wade Keller's Take that endorsing the XFL hurts your anti-authority character?"

Steve Austin: "Oh shit, he actually said that? I thought the boys in the back were ribbing me!"

Kelly: "No, he really said that. Did they tell you the part about you sitting in the stands, looking all skeptical?"

Austin: "AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah... oh man that was too much."
wmatistic
Andouille








Since: 2.2.04
From: Austin, TX

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#31 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.08
    Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver

    Somehow I don't see how being bright is a pre-requisite for being a successful QB. Terry Bradshaw, Ben Roethlesberger, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Brett Favre and Phillip Rivers have all had success in some way, shape or form in the NFL and they aren't exactly the brightest fellows.

    I'm not saying that Terrelle Pryor will succeed. I'm just baffled by the fact that someone wouldn't think that he isn't at least worth a look at QB, especially as a 3rd round pick. Is someone like Christian Ponder THAT more likely to succeed? Why in a league where Kolb and Tavaris Jackson are handed huge contracts and starting jobs is it so bad that a guy who had a lot of success in a major college program gets a shot of at least being a backup?



Where did I say it was so bad? That you can't take a chance on him? Like you said, there's no guarantee a kid like Ponder will be better. But I certainly like my chances a hell of a lot better with Ponder or Dalton than Pryor. It's not just one red flag. It's intelligence, judgement, work ethic and current ability. He's got none of those right now. We're talking about a kid who sold himself out on admitting more violations in the hopes he could get into the draft. Why waste the time and money on someone like that?

I've seen a ton of the kid going back to his high school days and it's my opinion he'll never make it as an NFL QB. If they can switch him to WR, great pick(if they can get him to work hard). If not, wasted time and money. One man's view, that's all.

Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#32 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.71
Now that Tressel has been hired by Indy, I'm surprised that there is no word about his fine/suspension by the NFL for what he did in college.



-- 2006 Time magazine Person of the Year --
Fuelly
-- July 2009 Ordained Reverend --
redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 481 days
Last activity: 481 days
#33 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.29
    Originally posted by Zeruel
    Now that Tressel has been hired by Indy, I'm surprised that there is no word about his fine/suspension by the NFL for what he did in college.






Guess he is actually going to miss an extra game than he would have in college.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6932597/ex-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-jim-tressel-start-indianapolis-colts-job-seventh-game
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 2 days
#34 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.28


The fact that the TEAM is the one that imposed this penalty makes Goodell look really bad.

So if you're a PLAYER that tries to dodge NCAA violations, you'll find no sanctuary in the NFL. But if you're a COACH trying to do the same thing, you can get off completely scot free. Can we call this the Pete Carroll rule?




"I brought SCIENCE!"
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread rated: 6.17
Pages: Prev 1 2
Thread ahead: Interest in CFB/NFL Picks threads?
Next thread: 2011 college football week 1
Previous thread: NFL Football Pool
(314 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Pitt is the season opener on Labor Day weekend. They moved it up in order to have a game prior to the Michigan game. 7-2 start?
- redsoxnation, Reported new coach for Notre Dame (2004)
Related threads: 2011 NFL predictions - NFL Free Agency? Anybody? Bueller?! - NFL/Players end lockout. - More...
The W - Football - Goodell suspends Pryor for his 1st 5 games (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.129 seconds.