Last PPV before the Hogan era begins. I'm not sure if that means we're looking at a "holding pattern" or at a "chaos reigns, who cares, let's do whatever" show on Sunday. (I think I expect the former.) Matche descriptions c&p'd from the official site.
8 MAN ELIMINATION Team 3D, Rhino and Jesse Neal vs. D'Angelo Dinero, Matt Morgan, Hernandez and Suicide The 3D Wrecking Crew has been stomping the faces for the last month, and Team Morgan has the handicap that Hernandez has to go solo for the first five minutes, so I think Team Morgan beats the odds here.
FEAST OR FIRED MATCH One TNA Superstar will be fired from the company Participants: Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, James Storm, Kevin Nash, Abdul Bashir, Kiyoshi, Homicide, Eric Young, Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed, and Cody Deaner (and maybe Rob Terry). Samoa Joe gets the World Title shot, Beer Money gets the Tag Team shot, Homicide gets the X shot (assuming it still exists -- Amazing Red hasn't been seen in weeks), and Deaner gets the pink slip. (Rob Terry gets a Global Championship shot if they put that in there somewhere.)
I hope Joe gets the World Title shot -- I'd like to see various combinations of him, Styles, Daniels, Wolfe, and Angle mixing it up for the belt for the next six months or so, culminating in the BEST EVER King of the Mountain match in June! It won't happen, of course, once Hogan arrives.
KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH Tara vs. champion ODB Tara wins.
TNA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH Mtoro [sic] City Machine Guns vs. champions British Invasion The big story in the Tag division is Beer Money's quest to get one more shot against the Brits, so the Invasion retains here.
CHALLENGE MATCH Raven & Dr. Stevie vs. Mick Foley & Abyss Don't care. Foley & Abyss, I guess.
LAST MAN STANDING MATCH Bobby Lashley vs. Scott Steiner While I think it would be hilarious if Steiner wins again, I predict Lashley.
THREE DEGREES OF PAIN Desmond Wolfe vs. Kurt Angle Wolfe via escape.
TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH Daniels vs champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles With Hogan coming in and bringing whoever he brings, there are going to be some new faces pushed into the Main Event -- if not Hogan himself, guys like (say) RVD or Ken Anderson -- and the little, no-name, homegrown guys are going to be pushed out but hard. This is the last time Daniels will get a whiff of the Main Event for the forseeable future, and he's not going to win it. Styles retains.
(edited by Karlos the Jackal on 18.12.09 1705) Last 5 movies seen: The Brothers Bloom **** - The Hangover *** - Public Enemies ***1/2 - The Fountain ** - Gigantic ***
I remember when the reigns changed in WCW in 2000 and I believe there was a lot of hotshotting of titles then, so I'm expecting the same here.
Team 3D, Rhino and Jesse Neal v. D'Angelo Dinero, Matt Morgan, Hernandez and Suicide: It feels like the Hernandez push has stalled and the booking hasn't helped. Hernandez's team still wins after heel miscommunication.
FEAST OR FIRED: I absolutely hate the concept of this match and can't believe it's survived for the last three years. Kevin Nash gets the World Title shot, Abdul Bashir gets the X Division title shot, and James Storm & Eric Young get the tag title shot, just because it's been a while since Vince Russo's given us the Wacky Tag Team Partners That Can't Get Along formula.
ODB v. Tarra for the Knockouts Title: ODB retains via shenanigans.
BRITISH INVASION v. MCMG for the TNA Tag Titles: I appreciate the effort to build up the MCMG (although it's about a year too late), but it won't be enough. The Brits retain.
Mick Foley & Abyss v. Raven & Dr. Stevie: They've built for Foley to be a heel when Hogan arrives, so to push that further, Foley walks out on Abyss. What a feud that should be! Haven't seen that in...a few weeks. Raven & Dr. Stevie win.
Bobby Lashley v. Scott Steiner in a Last Man Standing match: Ass-backward booking takes over here, as Steiner wins with the Greco-Roman Lead Pipe Shot.
Desmond Wolfe v. Kurt Angle: It'd be a shame if something stupid tarnishes what's been an otherwise great feud, but Wolfe wins via Jarrett-ference.
AJ Styles v. Daniels for the TNA Heavyweight Championship: Styles retains in a great match. Daniels enjoys his one main event match before returning to Jobberville.
1) 3D/Rhino/Neal vs Pope/Morgan/Hernandez/Suicide (8-man elimination match) -> Hernandez starts alone...and ends alone with win with Border Toss on Brother Ray.
2) Samoa Joe/Roode/Storm/Young/Homicide/Kiyoshi/Bashir/Terry/Creed/Lethal/Deaner (Feast or Fired 3) -> This will be tough, but here it goes with Belt shot: Winner. Probably go with some surprises.
TNA World Title: Samoa Joe X-Division: Roode Tag Team: Lethal Fired: Deaner
3) ODB/Tara (Knockout Title Match) -> ODB by flask shot.
4) British Invasion vs Gunns (TNA Tag Title Match) -> MCMG's by DQ with WE blatant interference.
5) Foley/Abyss vs Raven/Dr. Stevie (Grudge Tag Team Match) -> Raven/Stevie by Evenflow DDT on Abyss after miscommunication...heel turn by Foley...yes by attack on burnt leg of Abyss.
6) Lashley/Steiner (Last Man Standing Match) -> Lashley by ten count.
7) Wolfe/Angle (Three Faces of Fear...I mean, Three Degrees of Pain Match in the Six Sides of Steel) -> Fall 1: Pinfall -> Wolfe by Tower of London, Fall 2: Submission -> Angle by Ankle Lock, Fall 3: Escape the Cage -> Wolfe by cage escape.
8) Styles/Daniels (TNA World Title Match) -> Styles by pin with Styles Clash.
Hope everything goes as planned, but it probably won't.
Team Morgan. They've been made to look bad, so they need to come back here.
ForF: agree with It's False about this being a terrible match concept. If I have a chance to grab a briefcase which has a 25% chance of getting me fired, the other 75% had better be a lot better than a title shot, or I ain't grabbing it.
World: Eric Young. They seem to like giving him really half-assed pushes. Tag: James Storm. Create some drama as he gives signs he might choose a partner other than Roode. X Division: Bashir Fired: Isn't this supposed to always go to Christopher Daniels? How can he "win" when he isn't even in the match? I'm surprised they didn't put Suicide in here and do some deal where he gets the fired case, but then it turns out that the Suicide in the match wasn't "the" Suicide or something like that. I'll say Kiyoshi.
Raven/Stevie. Abyss can get his revenge in a solo match.
Styles. Sorry I don't have anything interesting to say about these matches.
Team 3D, Rhino and Jesse Neal vs. D'Angelo Dinero, Matt Morgan, Hernandez and Suicide - D'Angelo and D'Faces win D'Match. Yes, I know that sucked.
FEAST OR FIRED MATCH - Samoa Joe gets the World Title Shot - Kioshi and Abdul Bashir get the tag title shot - Eric Young gets the X division title shot - James Storm gets the Global title shot - Kevin Nash gets fired - seriously!
The side note - it's temporary. Kevin comes back as part of Hogan's entourage. Cuz he's the boss, you know.
Tara vs. ODB - ODB wins, but I expect Roxxi to get involved.
Motor City Machine Guns vs. British Invasion - I'm gonna go with the Machine Guns winning the titles.
Raven & Dr. Stevie vs. Mick Foley & Abyss - Uhhh...Raven and Dr. Stevie? I dunno.
Bobby Lashley vs. Scott Steiner - Steiner wins it.
Desmond Wolfe vs. Kurt Angle - Kurt Angle wins. Not sure how.
Daniels vs champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles --Daniels wins, and it's the match of the night.
1. Team Hernandez. SuperMex and Morgan are last ones standing. 2. ODB beats Tara, Roxxi for the save afterwards. 3. British Invasion even though the new car smell has turned to shit. 4. Raven and Dr. Stevie after Foley no shows due to tracking down another Hogan lead. 5. Bobby wins since he has a title shot coming. 6. Wolfe. If they are serious about pushing him, now would be the time. JJ interferes and costs Kurt the match. 7. Fired-Joe X title- Lethal Tag- Nash World Title- Rhodes 8. AJ wins in what could be a MOTY candidate.
It will be a fairly safe PPV til Hogan comes in and shakes things up. The early rumors are not encouraging if they are true.
MCMG over Brits because of Rob Terry. This way, Beer Money can find their way back into the tag title hunt.
Feast or Fired: World Title shot- Kevin Nash Tag title shot- Jay Lethal (he picks Tatanka on Impact) X Title shot- Abdul Bashir Fired- Cody Deaner
Raven and Stevie over Abyss and Foley.
Steiner over Bobby when Krystal completes the heel turn by spraying Bobby in the face as he is about to get back up.
Angle over Wolfie McGee.
AJ over Daniels.
"Put on your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!" "It was nice of you to give that dead woman another chance." "All right, look alive everybody...oh sorry Susan."- MST3K: Space Mutiny Click Here (myspace.com)
How freakin over is La ParkA . From what I saw you can make an argument he's the most over face on wrestling TV (well I only catch, WWE and this. Maybe Cena & HBK can have a claim). La Parka no sells, but he makes it works as he did get beaten down after....