* Matt LeBlanc as best actor again? Watch this, this year he'll somehow win.
* How is Conan O'Brien not cleaning up the variety/TV nominations?
* Not even one major nomination for Buffy or (even better) Angel? Not even a writing nod? Sigh.
* I think we can stand back and watch a Sopranos sweep. Gandolfini is almost a lock, Edie Falco is a lock and the two supporters have as good a shot as any, though I agree with the above that thinks it might be Victor Garber's year.
* I'm really hoping that Curb Your Enthusiasm wins best comedy. David as an actor doesn't deserve it, but the show is brilliant.
Over 1750 posts and still never a Wiener of the Day! But I'm not bitter!
Six Feet Under definitely desrves the nod as best drama. I have to honestly say, the acting this past season was probably the finest American Drama I have ever seen on TV. The writing on the show is also top notch, nobody, I mean NOBODY crafts stories better.
Originally posted by tomvejadaAs for best animated cartoon, The Fairly Oddparents and South Park should've been nominated.
Fairly Oddparents may or may not have been eligible, depending on whether Nickelodeon submitted it as a primetime animated series or a daytime. I imagine the former, so it could have been nominated, but it's not as clear-cut as South Park.
Here's a rumor about why Fairly Odd Parents wasn't nominated from toonzone.net:
"The only reason Oddparents isn't nominated is because Nick obviously DID NOT SUBMIT IT. Right now they're still milking out the final episodes of Spongebob. Once they're out of Spongebob episodes to send to the committee, Oddparents will get its time in the spotlight."
"Oh my God, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits! It says, 'Oooooo!'" Peter Griffin "Peter, those are Cheerios." Brian
I dug how emotional the announcers of the nominees were (Jane K. from Malcolm and Michael Chiklis from the Shield). Jane kissed the ground after getting another nomination and then she held off on reading Chiklis' name until after reading everyone elses' names (it is usually alphabetical).
I am upset The Shield didn't get a nom for best drama, but at least my other favorite show, 24, was nominated.
It is interesting that The Sopranos got tons of noms after a season that was, by all accounts, weaker than usual. Same goes for The West Wing. I guess old habits die hard.
Best news from the nominations- Elisha Cuthbert didn't get nominated as Kim Bauer ;-p
Molly, Stacy and Daffney all in WWE? I suddenly lost all my will to complain about anything regarding the WWE. Hope I don't lose my street cred for this.
TS, the greatest Wiener rated 6.4948 ever to live!! Oops, I mean 5.5...4.5?? Oh, dammit! I guess Notorious FAB was right.
Good question. What could be the official reason for something like that? Possible reasons (maybe): -Farnsworth is sort of using the name Jesus as an expletive/exclamation, while Peter is using it as part of general dialogue.