- The show opens with a recap of last week's Swagger/Finlay interaction. T-Grish and Striker hype a non-title match between them tonight.
Match 1: Paul Burchill over Tommy Dreamer via Modified Neckbreaker in about 4 minutes. Katie Lea was looking particularly hot tonight. It was a fine little 4-minute match. I guess they're doing the hits-rock-bottom-before-delivering-on-his-title-promise story with Dreamer, and I'm ok with that. There's yet some time till June.
- Backstage, Jamie Noble promises to save ECW, as he's a bonafide star from Raw, and that Noble = Ratings.
- In the ring, The Miz and John Morrison make fun of Tommy Dreamer because he can't get out of the ring in time. They mock his championship ambitions, and calls him the anti-Ric Flair. They tell Dreamer to pack up and wait for the HoF call that will never come. Finally they try to bring up the subject of family, so Dreamer slugs Miz. They double-team him, however, and one Reality Check later, it's a whole bunch of posing.
Match 2: The Boogeyman over Jamie Noble via Pumphandle Slam in about 4 minutes. I guess the only reason I sat through this match was because Noble was there. I could live with a Boogey/Noble story, assuming no match gets more than 4 minutes and it isn't totally one-sided.
- Backstage, Finlay and Hornswoggle do pushups. A bunch of hype videos air.
- Elsewhere, T-Grish questions Jack Swagger's motivation. Swagger says he doesn't need anything to be inspired and that after he's done embarrassing Finlay tonight, the Irishman will never get close to the title again.
Non-Title: Finlay over Jack Swagger via Celtic Cross in about 14 minutes. This was a good match that again showcased the good chemistry these guys have together. I'm way tired of Hornswoggle's act too, but if it keeps Finlay popular with the kiddies and thus getting high-profile matches on my TV, I'm all for it.
- End Show.
Wrestling Counter: 22 minutes.
** This was a much better effort than last week, with some new stories and new matchups heading forward. I'm interested in seeing where they go with Noble; a decent little push would be well-deserved. In fact, pushing Burchill and Noble in place of Ortiz and Boogeyman would make ECW that much better. Toss in the returning Evan Bourne, and you've a recipe for success.
Note: Goddamit, I forgot to use the little ECW icon again! Can I not fix that? Or do I have to wait till CRZ sees it and fixes it?
(edited by used2bcool on 5.2.09 1502) Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame Cover up your face, you can't run the race The pace is too fast, you just won't last - "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
Good show, and I too am happy to see Jamie Noble. With luck, he'll have a bigger part on the show than just feuding with the Boogeyman. I liked the Swagger/Finley match, but it wasn't quite as good as their last outing.
Originally posted by thecubsfan And that's it? I don't think they're sure what DJ Gabriel is week to week.
Yeah, I know. I think he was a face to start with, but his awful dancing would've turned him heel with the fans sooner rather than later.
Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you outta the game, and puts your name to shame Cover up your face, you can't run the race The pace is too fast, you just won't last - "Points Of Authority" - Linkin Park
Originally posted by Spaceman SpiffI hardly ever watch and/or DVR ECW, but if Jamie Noble becomes a regular on the show, that'll change in a hurry. The match w/ Boogey was decent, thanks completely to Noble.
Really? Good lord I find Noble horribly annoying. Mostly his voice I think. The last high-profile fued I can remember was on SD! with Polumbo/McCool and it was God-awful.
"You see Michelle, I'm that kinda guy Michelle, I'll treatcha right, Michelle, I just like to say your name, Michelle, and once I start, Michelle, I can't stop, Michelle, and you and me, Michelle, we're gonna, Michelle, go far, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle..." Gag.
Noble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Santino. There aren't enough >'s to put in there.
Palumbo/Noble was great, up until the payoff was "McCool gets the spotlight & a push and these other 2 guys fade into the background." Although, Palumbo did go on to have some pretty awesome matches w/ Finlay.
But, yeah, Noble is awesome. My favorite guy in the entire company.
Just a little clarrification here guys, i've been gone for a month and can't get back up to date on a few issues so a little help will be cool. How did the Golden Book lose the tag titles and who to? What happened in the HHH V Steiner match finish wise....