North America: - Animal Genius - Crayola Treasure Adventures - Math Play - Race Driver: Create & Race - World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets
I guess poker might be fun, but really, who cares. PASS
Europe - FIFA 08 - Jam Sessions - Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights - Race Driver: Create & Race - Ratatouille
Okay so I tried Jam Sessions and it's basically a guitar simulator. Not a game. It is to Guitar Hero as a flight simulator is to After Burner. Neat if you like actually playing the guitar, but if so, why not just play an actual guitar?
Japan: - Bartender DS - Eiken DS - Itsudemo Doko Demo: Onita Atsushi no Seiji Quiz DS - Jigoku Shoujo: Akekazura - Picto Image DS - Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi: Mina San Kyu
Is Picto Image another Picross variant? Because if so, I'll try it, even though I'm kind of all Picrossed out at the moment. Otherwise, PASS
Australia: - Chicken Shoot - Dead 'n' Furious - FIFA 08 - Freedom Wings - Jam Sessions - Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights - Lionel Trains on Track - Luminous Arc - M&Ms Break'em - My Little Flufties - Sonic Rush Adventure - World Championship Poker Deluxe Series
Australia actually gets some games! Too bad they probably all suck. Chicken Shoot certainly got awful reviews, as did Lionel Trains and Freedom Wings. The new Sonic game is supposed to be decent, actually, but not as good as the first Sonic Rush. And WTF are Flufties?
OTHER STUFF I TRIED LATELY: - The European 2007 Scrabble game is pretty good. It lets you play dirty words and it offers definitions of them, so, y'know, awesome. It even offers the adult-rated definitions of words with clean meanings - "tits" aren't just little birds in this Scrabble, but they're actually boobs too! So far, the AI has been laughably bad, but I haven't got that far into it. Haven't tried multiplayer yet and I probably never will. Overall, thumbs up.
- Drawn to Life is neat but kind of boring, which is no surprise as it is for little kids. The actual drawing interface is pretty simple - MS Paint level - but it's still amusing. I drew Strong Bad, gave him a gun that looked like a penis, and had him jumping on floating poop platforms. Then I got bored so I just flood filled everything with red. Is the red block a solid platform, a platform you'll fall through, or a springboard? Who knows? Who cares?
- MySims is basically Animal Crossing if Animal Crossing sucked worse. And had irritating people instead of adorable animals.
- Happy Cooking is Cooking Mama with more details. More long, drawn-out, boring details.
- Namco Museum DS is okay. I always like retro collections, but the selection of titles is a bit weak. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Mappy (yesssss), The Legend of Druaga (or Tower of Druaga or something - I don't have it in front of me), Dig Dug 2, and Xevious. And Pac-Man Vs., which I haven't tried yet but would really like to try. But seriously, they should just let me pick my own games for Namco Museum. Then I'd finally have Super Pac-Man and I'd finally be at peace with the universe.
Originally posted by KJames199Then I'd finally have Super Pac-Man and I'd finally be at peace with the universe.
Do they not have the Jakks Pacific Super Pac-Man in Canadia? (They sure don't have it at amazon.ca, so you must make do with another shill link - right here (The W at Amazon))
I like the deal as much as anyone, but Pac-Man Vs. makes the Namco Museum worth the price of purchase also. It's mind-boggling to see how Nintendo and Namco were ahead of their time with this release. Pac-Man Vs. could have come out five years later for Xbox Live Arcade and sold HUGE numbers compared to what it did for the Gamecube and its horrible GBA-connectivity gimmick.
Is that Race Driver game the same polygon arcade game that was in the arcades about 15 years ago?
I've seen 16 movies so far this year: Because I Said So - (2*); Borat - (5*); Children Of Men - (4*); Die Hard 4 - (5*); Evan Almighty - (3.5*); Fantastic Four 2 - (4.5*); Hairspray - (5*); Harry Potter 5 - (4*); Knocked Up - (4*); The Last Mimsy - (4*); Mr. Brooks - (4*); Resident Evil: Extinction - (3.5*); Shrek The Third - (3*); Spiderman 3 - (3.5*); Superbad - (1*); Transformers - (2*)
1) I muttered 'What am I doing?' many times during the 3ish hours the game lasts. The only onscreen text explaining what's going on is early on, when you're told to hit O (circle) to perform an action. You know you're heading (journeying!)