The W
Views: 95623518
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
18.4.14 2109
The W - Random - Dragonball Z Marathon this Friday!
This thread has 28 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1(3680 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (17 total)
Ender
Blutwurst








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 3777 days
Last activity: 1707 days
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
For all those closet Dragonball Z fans out there, I felt it was my duty to inform you all that YTV will start showing Dragonball Z movies starting from 8:00 PM this Friday (Augest 2nd). The movies playing will be 'Dead Zone', 'The World's Strongest', 'The Tree of Might', 'Bardock: The Father of Goku', 'The History Of Trunks', and 'Lord Slug'.

As lame and as slow as Dragonball Z is, I still plan on getting together with a fellow Dragonball mark, and staying up all night witnessing the epic battles that NEVER GO ANYWHERE!!!

... Maybe one day they'll do a really good Anime Marathon where they show shows like... Fruits Basket... and Gravitation... *Laughs* Not bloody likely in this country though.

Oh well. It should be fun!!!
Promote this thread!
Jaguar
Knackwurst








Since: 23.1.02
From: Phoenix, AZ

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 11 days
#2 Posted on
YTV?

-Jag



"You gotta hate somebody before this is over. Them, me, it doesn't matter."

"Hate, who do I hate? You tell me."

"Who do you love?"

-Wintermute to Case in William Gibson's Neuromancer
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.05
must be a canadia thing



"You can't fire a gun in a confined space! What are you tring to do, make us deaf?!"
"Just get out of the chopper."
"What?"
"Get out of the chopper!"
"The crops!?" - Jack Lemmon and James Garner, "My Fellow Americans", and the reason I say "The crops?" instead of "Huh?"
R-D-Z
J. Kyle
Boudin blanc








Since: 21.2.02
From: The Land of Aloha

Since last post: 7 days
Last activity: 6 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on
http://jkyle.com says:



YTV is a canadian network, best known to me as the company responsible for the awesomeness that was "The Odyssey" and is "Reboot".



MMPS Member----VISIT SMARKTOWN!----Enter the Geekdom

"When I have children I'll do as much to encourage them to read as possible. You know, like hit them if they don't." Douglas Adams

IC Contender! Now can you dig THAT?

WyldeWolf1
Boerewors








Since: 20.6.02
From: Florida

Since last post: 4244 days
Last activity: 4243 days
#5 Posted on

    Originally posted by AngryJohnny
    YTV is a canadian network, best known to me as the company responsible for the awesomeness that was "The Odyssey" and is "Reboot".


Youch...Reboot looked pretty cruddy to me.

One day I'm going to edit all of the DZ battles so they flow continuously. I should get a good twenty minutes of action, don't you think?



WyldeWolf1
The Man of 1,007 holds, making him 3 holds better than Chris Jericho!
RockyRulez
Weisswurst








Since: 18.7.02

Since last post: 4250 days
Last activity: 4170 days
#6 Posted on
This is the first, and only time I have ever wished I was in Canada. Sounds cool. Though each DBZ fight takes a little over a decade, it's still a guilty pleasure of mine. Just don't tell anyone.
J. Kyle
Boudin blanc








Since: 21.2.02
From: The Land of Aloha

Since last post: 7 days
Last activity: 6 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#7 Posted on
http://jkyle.com says:




    Originally posted by WyldeWolf1
    Youch...Reboot looked pretty cruddy to me.
I discounted it for years (off of looks alone) but when I actually watched it, it amazed the hell out of me. The first two seasons are kinda kiddy with only a few sprinkles of mature humour but once season 3 kicked in it really becomes must see TV.




MMPS Member----VISIT SMARKTOWN!----Enter the Geekdom

"When I have children I'll do as much to encourage them to read as possible. You know, like hit them if they don't." Douglas Adams

IC Contender! Now can you dig THAT?

Dahak
Frankfurter








Since: 12.5.02
From: Junction City OR.

Since last post: 1838 days
Last activity: 1491 days
#8 Posted on
While I like DBZ the battles do drag. Basicly they always go like this. Goku faces the main bad guy after like 15 episodes. Goku gets his butt kicked at first for 1 episode. Goku remembers he is fighting to protect all live ever in the entire universe so he kicks ass for 1 episode. Then the bad guy moves up to some new level. Then Goku eventually reaches level 43 Super Seian (sorry if I spelled it wrong) then kicks butt. Unless he dies and Gohan finishes him off. Oh and there is a shitload of staring in the middle.



I just have 13 words for you. How much wood would a woodchuch chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator








Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#9 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.05
hell, most of the battles span 5-6 tapes, and they hold what, 3 or 4 shows each?

that's too many for 1 fight.



"You can't fire a gun in a confined space! What are you tring to do, make us deaf?!"
"Just get out of the chopper."
"What?"
"Get out of the chopper!"
"The crops!?" - Jack Lemmon and James Garner, "My Fellow Americans", and the reason I say "The crops?" instead of "Huh?"
R-D-Z
Jakegnosis
Morcilla








Since: 26.7.02
From: Maine

Since last post: 2673 days
Last activity: 2657 days
#10 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.91
Yes, DBZ sucks, but I still watch it. The entire 23467 hour series could probably be bioled down to 3-4 hours, but what the hell. It's the only thing on at one in the morning here, and about 1 out of every ten episaodes is really cool. It's like McDonald's food- really terrible but occasionally irresistable.



Moo hoo ha ha.

Rangers lead the way
Dahak
Frankfurter








Since: 12.5.02
From: Junction City OR.

Since last post: 1838 days
Last activity: 1491 days
#11 Posted on
The Goku vs. Cell fight is eternal. Cell beats up Goku. Goku remembers or figures out some new power. Cell moves up to a new level. Repeat 3 times.
But that being said DBZ is a good show. The characters are suprisingly deep for a cartoon. Oh and sorry if I butcher the spelling. Krillin is only a coward with Goku there. Otherwise he pretty much fearless. Vegeta is completely jealous of Goku and even after 13 years never calls him Goku it's only Kackorot. Vegeta doesn't really treat Gohan all that bad even though Gohan did as much to defeat Vegeta and is as powerful as his Dad. #18 is an ice cold bitch who only wants money. Frieza the universes most dangerous midget homosexual. Master Roshi a complete perv with a really weird ass training system. And Hercuel always cracks me up with his blow hard antics, cowardice, and lying while he still deep down inside thinks he is the greatest ever.



I just have 13 words for you. How much wood would a woodchuch chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Scott Summets
Sujuk








Since: 27.6.02

Since last post: 3718 days
Last activity: 3686 days
#12 Posted on

    Originally posted by Dahak
    The Goku vs. Cell fight is eternal. Cell beats up Goku. Goku remembers or figures out some new power. Cell moves up to a new level. Repeat 3 times.
    But that being said DBZ is a good show. The characters are suprisingly deep for a cartoon. Oh and sorry if I butcher the spelling. Krillin is only a coward with Goku there. Otherwise he pretty much fearless. Vegeta is completely jealous of Goku and even after 13 years never calls him Goku it's only Kackorot. Vegeta doesn't really treat Gohan all that bad even though Gohan did as much to defeat Vegeta and is as powerful as his Dad. #18 is an ice cold bitch who only wants money. Frieza the universes most dangerous midget homosexual. Master Roshi a complete perv with a really weird ass training system. And Hercuel always cracks me up with his blow hard antics, cowardice, and lying while he still deep down inside thinks he is the greatest ever.


Hercuel = Mr. Satan
And as for Frieza (Freezer), he was the perfect heel in Japan and wasn't gay. He was feminine, but he was more of a 19th century style gentleman than a homosexual. It was a great character as he was so polite and soft spoken to Goku, yet he rejoiced in offing his friends. Almost more like the Flair character of DBZ, as he was a rich, arrogant, styling type of guy who was the dirtiest SOB ever in a fight. Even with all the plot holes and such, DBZ is what got me into Anime, so I will always love it.



I'm gonna get me an oversized guitar, gain 40 pounds, and become the next D!
RockyRulez
Weisswurst








Since: 18.7.02

Since last post: 4250 days
Last activity: 4170 days
#13 Posted on

    Originally posted by Dahak
    While I like DBZ the battles do drag. Basicly they always go like this. Goku faces the main bad guy after like 15 episodes. Goku gets his butt kicked at first for 1 episode. Goku remembers he is fighting to protect all live ever in the entire universe so he kicks ass for 1 episode. Then the bad guy moves up to some new level. Then Goku eventually reaches level 43 Super Seian (sorry if I spelled it wrong) then kicks butt. Unless he dies and Gohan finishes him off. Oh and there is a shitload of staring in the middle.



Your forgot the powering up and trash talking. "What! You're only a 1000 level fighter? har har har". Yes, i'm watching the frieza fights over again.
Dahak
Frankfurter








Since: 12.5.02
From: Junction City OR.

Since last post: 1838 days
Last activity: 1491 days
#14 Posted on
Yeah I did forgot the powering up. Goku tricks his opponent into thinking he is weak and then spends 5 minutes moving up to power level 4 trillion. Damn I know it's a cartoon and good guys are always lame but why doesn't he just go in there and kill them without all the screwing around?



I just have 13 words for you. How much wood would a woodchuch chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Scott Summets
Sujuk








Since: 27.6.02

Since last post: 3718 days
Last activity: 3686 days
#15 Posted on

    Originally posted by Dahak
    Yeah I did forgot the powering up. Goku tricks his opponent into thinking he is weak and then spends 5 minutes moving up to power level 4 trillion. Damn I know it's a cartoon and good guys are always lame but why doesn't he just go in there and kill them without all the screwing around?


Goku loves to fight, and loves a fair fight... thats why he never takes a cheap advantage. Also, he often gains a new power in a fight due to the cirucmstances of the fight, i.e. he sees a friend getting massacred and gains new strength to fight.



I'm gonna get me an oversized guitar, gain 40 pounds, and become the next D!
Nate The Snake
Liverwurst








Since: 9.1.02
From: Wichita, Ks

Since last post: 3561 days
Last activity: 3030 days
AIM:  
#16 Posted on

    Originally posted by Scott Summets
    Goku loves to fight, and loves a fair fight... thats why he never takes a cheap advantage. Also, he often gains a new power in a fight due to the cirucmstances of the fight, i.e. he sees a friend getting massacred and gains new strength to fight.


Also, don't forget that thanks to his incredibly convenient space alien were-baboon-mixed-with-King-Kong heritage, every time he gets his ass kicked he comes back ten times stronger.

I just can't get into a show where the characters are so absurdly overpowered that they can destroy planets on a whim. It's like watching people with severe self-esteem issues roleplay online.

"I blow up the building ur in. U R ded."

"I doj. And I blow up ur hed."

"::growz new hed and kill u with 8 foot sord::"

And it just keeps escalating.



Kansas-born and deeply ashamed
The last living La Parka Marka: HE raised the briefcase!
Scott Summets
Sujuk








Since: 27.6.02

Since last post: 3718 days
Last activity: 3686 days
#17 Posted on

    Originally posted by Nate The Snake

      Originally posted by Scott Summets
      Goku loves to fight, and loves a fair fight... thats why he never takes a cheap advantage. Also, he often gains a new power in a fight due to the cirucmstances of the fight, i.e. he sees a friend getting massacred and gains new strength to fight.


    Also, don't forget that thanks to his incredibly convenient space alien were-baboon-mixed-with-King-Kong heritage, every time he gets his ass kicked he comes back ten times stronger.

    I just can't get into a show where the characters are so absurdly overpowered that they can destroy planets on a whim. It's like watching people with severe self-esteem issues roleplay online.

    "I blow up the building ur in. U R ded."

    "I doj. And I blow up ur hed."

    "::growz new hed and kill u with 8 foot sord::"

    And it just keeps escalating.



That is a big plothole in DBZ. Master Roshi (Kamesennin in Japanese) has a power level of 139 and can blow up the moon, Vegeta was 18000 and could blow up the Earth, and then during the Frieza fight Goku was 15,000,000 at Super Sayain x 1. Considering he reaches Super Sayain x 4 eventually, it seems that at that level one punch should level the Earth.



I'm gonna get me an oversized guitar, gain 40 pounds, and become the next D!
Pages: 1Thread ahead: Evil Horde Slime Pit travesty!
Next thread: Top 10 movies at the mid way point of 2002
Previous thread: LOTR and Star Trek...All In One!
(3680 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Looks cool, but playing over Skype is something I can't do. Good luck, though.
- Shem the Penman, D&D: Looking for group (2009)
The W - Random - Dragonball Z Marathon this Friday!Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.185 seconds.