Friends came over on the 4th of July bearing sparklers, black cats and roman candles. Since fireworks are illegal in our community, and we live in an enclosed complex next to a busy street, there is virtually no way to use the black cats or roman candles.
Short of lighting them, does anyone have any tips for getting rid of unused fireworks? Just throwing them in the garbage seems unsafe. I had considered submerging them in water and then throwing them away, but do they become flammable again once they're dried out? I've never spent much time around fireworks so I'm unsure of what to do here.