The W
Views: 101385888
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
18.12.14 0441
The W - Movies & TV - Disassembled! Avengers: EMH canceled!
This thread has 27 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.81
Pages: 1
(900 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (20 total)
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.56
Why do I even bother to get attached anymore?

Marvel cancels 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' for new Avengers series


    The announcement is official. Marvel has decided not to renew its hit series Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for a third season. There had been rumors going around for a while that the show would not be picked up for next season. These rumors come despite the fact that the show was critically well received and a very popular show among its fanbase.

    The announcement came via a press release that came from Marvel Animation earlier this week.

    "The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” won’t be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” in 2013."

    Yes, Marvel has apparently decided to scrap the series in favor of developing a new Avengers cartoon. The Avengers Assemble series will replace Earth's Mightiest Heroes.


Yeah, I could start fresh with Ultimate Spidey and this new Avengers series...and then what? Wait for Marvel to get sick of these shows after a couple of months, cancel them, and start the cycle all over again?

I don't understand this line of thinking. This is the third time in the last five years that Marvel's canceled one of their shows just as it started to hit its stride, with Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine & The X-Men being the other two. They're not tanking in the ratings, they have sizable fanbases, they're critically acclaimed! What more do they want?

Well...I still have Young Justice, at least!




"This is DIET Double Dew, Kyle! It only has half the caffeine and sugar of Double Dew!"
Promote this thread!
Tenken347
Boudin blanc








Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 15 hours
Last activity: 38 min.
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.13
Deeply disappointing, as the character work on this show is the best I've seen in any medium. Hank and Janet especially benefited: I've had trouble caring about either of those two characters in the past, and they're two of my favorites on the show. Like you said, this is exactly what happened with Wolverine and the X-Men, although this show is even better and the disappointment is therefore much worse.
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 11 hours
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.24
I really don't understand this since a large part of the cartoon seem to tie into the movies. At least Iron Man did, so I am not sure why after being the number three movie of all time in gross, you would want to get rid of a cartoon tied to it in the fall while you are going to be pushing the DVD. Maybe they want to get rid of the somewhat blocky animation style, but the stories were amazing and were a nice blue print for any future Marvel films, because the kids could recognize the characters.



The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
dMp
Banger








Since: 4.1.02
From: The Hague, Netherlands (Europe)

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 1 day
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.88
    Originally posted by lotjx
    I really don't understand this since a large part of the cartoon seem to tie into the movies. At least Iron Man did, so I am not sure why after being the number three movie of all time in gross, you would want to get rid of a cartoon tied to it in the fall while you are going to be pushing the DVD. Maybe they want to get rid of the somewhat blocky animation style, but the stories were amazing and were a nice blue print for any future Marvel films, because the kids could recognize the characters.


Yeah but Avengers Assemble would be even more of a tie in. :/
It's a shame. I read some spoilers from the upcoming episodes and they are really expanding the universe.
Secret invasion actually happens shortly after the return and they even have an episode with Spider-man.





Avatar Mud
Mike Zeidler
Pepperoni








Since: 27.6.02

Since last post: 127 days
Last activity: 87 days
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.12
I've seen some of the upcoming episodes, and it really seems like they knew they were getting cancelled so they threw up every nerdy thing they could think of before the show ended.

My personal favorite was the Sigurd Jarlson appearnce!



"Tattoos are the mullets of the aughts." - Mike Naimark

"Hasa diga eebowai!" - Ugandan saying
kentish
Andouille








Since: 19.8.05
From: My Old Kentucky Home

Since last post: 26 days
Last activity: 11 days
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.02
    Originally posted by It's False
    Why do I even bother to get attached anymore?

    Marvel cancels 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' for new Avengers series


      The announcement is official. Marvel has decided not to renew its hit series Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for a third season. There had been rumors going around for a while that the show would not be picked up for next season. These rumors come despite the fact that the show was critically well received and a very popular show among its fanbase.

      The announcement came via a press release that came from Marvel Animation earlier this week.

      "The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” won’t be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” in 2013."

      Yes, Marvel has apparently decided to scrap the series in favor of developing a new Avengers cartoon. The Avengers Assemble series will replace Earth's Mightiest Heroes.


    Yeah, I could start fresh with Ultimate Spidey and this new Avengers series...and then what? Wait for Marvel to get sick of these shows after a couple of months, cancel them, and start the cycle all over again?

    I don't understand this line of thinking. This is the third time in the last five years that Marvel's canceled one of their shows just as it started to hit its stride, with Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine & The X-Men being the other two. They're not tanking in the ratings, they have sizable fanbases, they're critically acclaimed! What more do they want?

I think they are trying to bring them all in house under their own banner. But I agree, it has cost us the great shows you mentioned and this one. That being said, with that track record, you would expect the next one to be good too, but still…




"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Mayhem
Scrapple








Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 12 hours
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00

I wish they'd cancel the new Ultimate Spider-Man series ... my (almost) 7-year-old likes it, but I can't stomach it.
kentish
Andouille








Since: 19.8.05
From: My Old Kentucky Home

Since last post: 26 days
Last activity: 11 days
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.02
    Originally posted by Mayhem

    I wish they'd cancel the new Ultimate Spider-Man series ... my (almost) 7-year-old likes it, but I can't stomach it.

Not crazy about it either. I know it is geared towards kids, like your 7 year old, but plenty of other kids shows and movies come to mind that 7 and 37 year olds can enjoy equally.




"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

-- Mahatma Gandhi
CEOIII
Boudin rouge








Since: 25.7.02
From: Franklin, PA

Since last post: 14 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#9 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.51
How frighteningly fucking selfish do you have to be to honestly think "I know my kid likes this show, but I want it cancelled because *I* think it sucks"?



I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.


Get your Portable ID!
samoflange
Lap cheong








Since: 22.2.04
From: Cambridge, MA

Since last post: 427 days
Last activity: 419 days
#10 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.68
    Originally posted by CEOIII
    How frighteningly fucking selfish do you have to be to honestly think "I know my kid likes this show, but I want it cancelled because *I* think it sucks"?


7 year olds like just about anything. This is how Thundercats was so popular.
odessasteps
Scrapple








Since: 2.1.02
From: MD, USA

Since last post: 183 days
Last activity: 150 days
#11 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.36

Lance Reddick voicing the Falcon was odd.



Mark Coale
Odessa Steps Magazine presents



RUSSIAN FLAG BURIAL - an examination of 1984 mid-south



CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator








Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 15 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#12 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.39
    Originally posted by CEOIII
    How frighteningly fucking selfish do you have to be to honestly think "I know my kid likes this show, but I want it cancelled because *I* think it sucks"?
How old are your kids?



StingArmy
Andouille








Since: 3.5.03
From: Georgia bred, you can tell by my Hawk jersey

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 1 day
#13 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.91
    Originally posted by CEOIII
    How frighteningly fucking selfish do you have to be to honestly think "I know my kid likes this show, but I want it cancelled because *I* think it sucks"?

You're off base here. There are plenty of super annoying shows that kids like that have no real redeeming value that many parents would be justified in wanting canceled.

Let's not forget that 1) there are a million other shows on television for them to fall in love with, and 2) it's f'ing television. Get over it.

- StingArmy
Spiraling_Shape
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 7 hours
#14 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.40
Paul Dini just tweeted that Ultimate Spider-Man got renewed. Sorry!

Paul_Dini ‏@Paul_Dini
Busy today. Spidey season 2 officially official. Breaking stories with Agents of Smash in writing room today. A great team.





"Ice cream bars! Ice cream bars!" - RAW crowd, Boston, 7/11/11
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#15 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.56
    Originally posted by Spiraling_Shape
    Paul Dini just tweeted that Ultimate Spider-Man got renewed. Sorry!

    Paul_Dini ‏@Paul_Dini
    Busy today. Spidey season 2 officially official. Breaking stories with Agents of Smash in writing room today. A great team.



I'm still staggered over how a show written by Paul Dini and Brian Michael Bendis and produced by the creators of Ben 10 can churn out something this...bad! With that kind of talent, how do we end up with...THIS?




"This is DIET Double Dew, Kyle! It only has half the caffeine and sugar of Double Dew!"
Scottyflamingo
Bratwurst








Since: 23.6.10
From: Auburn, AL

Since last post: 517 days
Last activity: 246 days
#16 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.49
-Agents of SMASH looks horrible.

-This is Spectacular Spider-Man all over again. Marvel is owning DC in movies, but DC's animation department is wiping the floor with them.
SchippeWreck
Banger








Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 11 hours
#17 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.84
    Originally posted by Scottyflamingo
    -Agents of SMASH looks horrible.

Have you seen footage (if so, please link), or is this a snap judgment based on the concept and some promo art?



"It's magic! We don't need to explain it!"
Scottyflamingo
Bratwurst








Since: 23.6.10
From: Auburn, AL

Since last post: 517 days
Last activity: 246 days
#18 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.49
    Originally posted by SchippeWreck
      Originally posted by Scottyflamingo
      -Agents of SMASH looks horrible.

    Have you seen footage (if so, please link), or is this a snap judgment based on the concept and some promo art?


That. Hated the multi-hulk turn the comics took.
Spiraling_Shape
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 7 hours
#19 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.40
"Some of the news about what was happening behind the scenes with Marvel’s animated shows turns out to be just one really angry fanboy’s personal vendetta against Ultimate Spider-Man."
http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/one-mans-hate-for-ultimate-spider-man-fooled-the-web-42758



"Ice cream bars! Ice cream bars!" - RAW crowd, Boston, 7/11/11
It's False
Scrapple








Since: 20.6.02
From: I am the Tag Team Champions!

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#20 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.74


I really don't know what to make of that at all. If this whole kerfluffle was false to begin with...why wait until weeks later to say anything?




"This is DIET Double Dew, Kyle! It only has half the caffeine and sugar of Double Dew!"
Thread rated: 5.81
Pages: 1
Thread ahead: Richard Lynch - 2/12/1940 - 6/19/2012
Next thread: Caroline John (1940-2012)
Previous thread: New DVDs coming out 6/19/12 (333)
(900 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
I don't know if I just wasn't into it or if I was wrapped up in Sunday Night Football, but this episode really didn't do anything for me.
Related threads: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (s2 so far) - Avengers: EMH 2x1: The Private War of Doctor Doom - Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 trailer - More...
The W - Movies & TV - Disassembled! Avengers: EMH canceled!Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.201 seconds.