Yeah, there is still half an hour to go, but here are some thoughts:
- Does everybody find it necessary to suck up to the Clintons? Is it because they want Hillary out? Do they want the money? Because that sure is hell not going to get persuadables.
- Lieberman caught Dean in a contradicition on trade agreements. Ha.
- Kerry is not a comedian, ergo e shouldn't try to be too funny. Though he might have gotten the line of the night:
Moderator: Can we ensure Mexico pays their workers $5-$10 an hour. Kerry: Well, we can ask...but they won't do it.
- I actually missed Sharpton not being there.
- Edwards goofy-ass smile during introductions should immediate disqualify him.
- Did Kerry really say Hillary-care was a good idea? Then again, everybody else went down the universal health care role.
- Gephart claims that the Dems in Congress with Clinton turned a "$5 trillion deficit into a $5 trillion surplus." The hell?!?
- Edwards: A National TRANSLATION Center? How about they speak ENGLISH.
- Some of these guys Spanish is....lacking.
- Kucinich may be nuts, but he is at least a good public speaker.
- Graham should just quit now.
- Dean blamed increases in tuition at New Mexico on the Bush tax cut. Man is THAT a stretch.
- I guess that if you want to send more of your money to Washington, you can vote for one of these clowns.
- Does Kucinich really want to connect himself to Conyers?
- Lieberman sounded like a conservative Democrat for about 30 seconds there until he launches into MediKids. How does a "kids" program until age 25?
- Of course Braun then launched into stating that Unviersal Healthcare will not raise taxes. THAT's funny.
- This bilingual shit is pissing me off for the same reason the Translation service does.
- LEGALIZING ILLEGAL ALIENS?!? THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!? How in the hell is illegally immigrating a CIVIL right? Kerry is out of his mind. It's one thing to legalize citizenship for legal immigrants in the army(a good idea) but clear amnesty?
- Dean is against profiling, then immediately profiles the Terrorists. God knows that we shouldn't address immigration issues becasue of terrorist fears.
(edited by Grimis on 4.9.03 2117) "If this cruel, loudmouth extremist is the cream of the Democratic crop, next November's going to make the 1984 election look like a squeaker." --House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) on Howard Dean
I thought it was actually kind of sad. I really don't see an all-star candidate in the field. The economy is turning around, with many economists predicting 6% or higher growth for the third quarter. Jobs are always a lagging indicator, but job growth won't lag all the way until next november. I don't see Democrats having a snowball's chance in hell if the economy is rolling along come next November.
Kim Dae Jung (2000) and 'Doctors Without Borders' (2001) weren't bad choices, but last year's Kofi Annan and the UN were poor selections at best. Two consecutive years of a politically loaded Nobel Peace Prize selection is two too many.