- Jay Lethal has the belt and defends against Dan Barry. Dan Barry has nice execution and I dig his puro-based offense combined with sneaky Southern heel cheating and NICE worked punches. Lethal gives him quite a bit and interjects a bit of stiffness in his comebacks before fucking KILLING Barry with a ultranasty Dragon Suplex. I dig this Dan Barry.
- Bison Bravado is like one of those Oklahoma heavyweights in NWA-Universal- except with a Steiner Squaredriver for a finisher. Plazma has a "z" instead of the "s", so this works eventhough it was a pretty useless squash.
- Corino and Ricky Landell beating the hell out of Jay Lethal's dad while Jay is handcuffed was a pretty fun set-up. Jay Lethal's mom is sooooooo NUMBER AND THE BEST. This would have worked even without the Mandatory Worked Column Because Of The Pull-Apart. Corino is fucking SOLID GOLD with the promo to set up the tag match. He IS a romancer.
WHAT DIDN'T WORK- - Steve "Monster" Mack is called out by Ashe Samuels and IT'S ON! Samuels' offense is hilarious but the former Monsta Mack sells it like a pro. The fact that Samuels has so many Discus Punch Forearms is either genius or not genius. U B the judge. Mack doesn't bring the hellish lariat like I figured he would but he gets the three with it and then throws him into the wall. BAH! If it's gonna be a hideous assbeating, how about supplying a hideous assbeating that being called out should demand. BAH! En Lieu, we get this.
- Whaaaa??? Homicide grew his hair out and looks like Ben Affleck now. It's quite disturbing. He's in need a deep-seeded head-shavin'. I would make a Ben Affleck movie joke here but c'mon.
- Steve Mack drooling over Talia looked way too much like it was going to lead to a ride on the Bang Bus. I don't need internet wrestling to confuse me with internet pronography. I'm jumpy enough as it is.
THERE YOU HAVE IT.
(edited by DEAN RASMUSSEN on 10.7.05 2128) YES, I AM DEAN.
I *REALLY* hope they have a retirement match for Kurt sometime during '06. It's the 10th anniversary of our man winning the gold medal, so he should be able to hang it up and enjoy the rest of his life. He won't, but I hope he will.