I am bored, therefore I shall deviate from my usual wrestling tirades to tirade on comics (which I am wont to do!).
1) Origin (of Wolverine you schluck!): Welp, #6 came out and it was kinda a cool conclusion. I like the fact that Jenkins lets us draw our own conclusions with somethings. Although this could use a sequel...it was a good stab. Get it??? STAB!! Wolverine!! I kill me...
2) Deadpool: Hot damn! Talk about most improved book of the year. Cool artwork from UDON, Funny as Shit writing from Gail, and some new really odd supporting cast (read: supermodel-like chick, a make no sense bum, and a miniature Rhino). Throw out all the old stupid villains (which they did) and you have a perfect mix of random quirkiness that this book needs. I seriously laugh out loud at this one. Add the Taskmaster *seriously underrated awesome villain* and you've got MONEY BAY BEE!!
3) Captain Marvel: Peter David is my best friend for writing this book. ChrisCross is one too for his fab artwork and storytelling. "This is my friend Plaht. We will use his "Plaht Devices" to further along our quest." lol...ah such subtle stupidity makes this book one of the best written adventure books.
4) This new Captain America: Oh yeah! John Cassady draws cool shit...man, you've gotta love his shots of Cap cleaning up during the WTC disasters. Great homage work.
5) Love Hina: If you didn't grab this gem from TokyoPop in its graphic novel form then you're missing out on one of the past year's BEST mangas. Funny, romantic, and absolutely ridiculous. If you like really really good japanese slapstick, this is where to go.
Welp, I'm not bored anymore. I'll be back sometime soon to throw out some more reccomendations.
Originally posted by PandaMask4) This new Captain America: Oh yeah! John Cassady draws cool shit...man, you've gotta love his shots of Cap cleaning up during the WTC disasters. Great homage work.
This is quickly becoming my favorite comic since getting back into comics over a month ago. But one I am surprised you did not mention is Spider-Man: Blue. I know it is only a retelling of an old story, but Loeb using the aspect of the story actually coming from Parker is a nice twist. It gives real insight into a time which isn't mentioned much anymore.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at the man.
Personally, I really enjoy the Rogue Squadrom Comic Books, that may just be me.
It took 15 years. In my last semester of school ever. But I finally did it. The kid who was supposed to barely finish high school has received an A minus average. This makes me want to go back home.....see all those teachers in high school, my former class mates. And eventually (if I ever see him again), my father. All those people who said I wouldn't cut it, that I'd be nothing. And that I probably wouldn't make it past high school. I want to see them all. And I will enjoy shoving all those comments down their respective throats with a hot branding iron.
Best book right now bar none, is the Thunderbolts!!! I wasn't that thrilled when Nicienza(sp?) first took over, but he's done a great job and Zircher is maturing into a great penciller and I'm not missing Bagley near as much as I thought.
JSA is a close 2nd.
I quit Amazing Spider-Man after the 9/11 issue. I miss JRJr.'s amazing artwork, but I don't miss JMS' writing at all.
I mainly just read the collections. I don't have the patience to sit around for a month for resolution to a story. That being said, the best I've read recently has been Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing. Great, great stuff that pretty much set the tone for Vertigo. The story collected in Love & Death involving Arcane and Abby gave me nightmares for weeks.
The series that I loved, but couldn't convince any of my friends to get into was The Invisibles.
Super-hero wise, I've been digging The Authority and Morrison's run on JLA. Promethius is one of the only villains I've liked that was created in the past 10 years.
We have plenty of fun Star Wars toys in stock. If you can't find them at your local Toys R' Us try the Giant Tool that signs my paycheck: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/977394/ref=t_hp_ct_1_1/103-0732256-9959044