The W
Views: 99980921
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
24.10.14 0532
The W - Pro Wrestling - CM Punk goes home (Page 2)
This thread has 34 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.72
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
(342 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (70 total)
Alessandro
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 84 days
Last activity: 15 hours
#21 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.62
    Originally posted by cfbg
    He's been removed from all upcoming advertising, and is not booked on any shows in the immediate future.


I just hope this doesn't affect his scheduled appearance on @Midnight ...



My new inappropriate catchphrase: Vinegar, please!


PWALD | LOYT | BAB

Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 14 days
Last activity: 14 days
#22 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.92
    Originally posted by Matt Tracker
    Let's say he was going to get Hunter at Mania. That angle didn't go well for him last time. He got Nashed. He was most recently used to put over the NAO to give them credibility before they took the titles. Putting over Hunter's running buddies for a potential Kane match is a bag of nothing.


Wait, when did he put either of the NAO over in any way?
Matt Tracker
Scrapple








Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 7 hours
#23 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.85
    Originally posted by Amos Cochran
    Wait, when did he put either of the NAO over in any way?


He ate the loss when they walked out on him for their new heel turn. Then he beat Billy in a match and was announced as the No. 1 Rumble entrant. It's even-steven booking at best seemingly leading to a match with Kane. And then MAYBE Hunter?



"To be the man, you gotta beat demands." -- The Lovely Mrs. Tracker
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
#24 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.31
The irony to all of this is a Punk/Bryan Wrestlemania title match as an Austin/Rock WM X-7 type of deal would do more business than Orton/Batista. At least, the fans wouldn't be revolting at the shows. I can't remember a PPV that went so horrible that this happening maybe the Radical Jump?





The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
Amos Cochran
Lap cheong








Since: 28.8.09

Since last post: 14 days
Last activity: 14 days
#25 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.92
That's not putting them over at all. He beat them pretty much singlehandedly by pinning Billy with Road Dogg skulking around ringside.

I think it's weird to posit that Punk has been at all hard-done-by in all of this. I get the frustration over the part-timers, and I don't blame him for taking off if that's what he wants to do. But he's has a pretty damn great three years since his pipebomb. Longest reigning champion of the modern era. Massive matches against Rock, Undertaker and Lesnar. Consistently positioned as either the company's top heel of their number two face. He's had a great run that 999 out of 1000 wrestlers would kill for.

I mean, Cena's working fuckin' Bray Wyatt in the midcard of this year's show. Punk at least was lined up to be the heroic slayer of the big heel authority figure of the last six months. Ultimately this seems to be a case of he and the company's plans not aligning, and him taking off early because of it. No-one's really in the wrong, and it's probably best for both parties if he's this burnt out.

(edited by Amos Cochran on 29.1.14 1018)
El Nastio
Andouille








Since: 14.1.02
From: Ottawa Ontario, by way of Walkerton

Since last post: 14 min.
Last activity: 14 min.
ICQ:  
#26 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.41
Heads up; Chicago is on tap for the week after Elimination Chamber. Just saying.

There's one part of me that thinks this is a giant work. On the flip side, maybe this is totally legit. Who knows?



"You can't put a price on integrity"
Parts Unknown
Lap cheong








Since: 2.1.02
From: Darkenwood

Since last post: 51 days
Last activity: 18 hours
#27 Posted on | Instant Rating: 10.00
I think it's likely that he feels disrespected. He has busted his ass for years and won over so many people, and he's not even playing second banana anymore. He's being shunted down the card by a bunch of geriatric guys.



thecubsfan
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 10.12.01
From: Aurora, IL

Since last post: 15 hours
Last activity: 5 hours
#28 Posted on | Instant Rating: 9.35
    Originally posted by El Nastio
    Heads up; Chicago is on tap for the week after Elimination Chamber. Just saying.

    There's one part of me that thinks this is a giant work. On the flip side, maybe this is totally legit. Who knows?


I would wager, whatever is happening now, CM Punk will decide to back in a WWE ring. And at that point, just like any real life situation, they'll turn it into a storyline. If it's real now, it's going to be a work anyway.

Maybe they'll figure out things by that Chicago show. CM Punk is going to get a big reaction on that show even if he's not actually there. (Maybe bigger.) But it's also not like it's the last time they'll be in Chicago.



thecubsfan.com - luchablog
DirtyMikeSeaver
Boudin rouge








Since: 19.5.02
From: Toronto

Since last post: 30 days
Last activity: 30 days
#29 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.95
Eh, he'll be back when they hire a new Diva he hasn't banged...

But see what I mean when I say fans are fickle? Three years ago, this would have been a massive deal and cause a revolt. Now? Well, we have Daniel Bryan and The Shield and hey, some good could come of this. Be interesting to see if this has any impact on ratings, PPV sales, etc... (I'm guessing no, empowering Vince even more with his 'Everyone is replaceable' mantra)

I'm always for labor so for all of the noise he makes, I hope the dude does lay back and enjoy life, but I remember Booker T making these statements a long time ago and that guy is still around.





Kevin Kelly: "Mr. Austin, would you like to comment on Wade Keller's Take that endorsing the XFL hurts your anti-authority character?"

Steve Austin: "Oh shit, he actually said that? I thought the boys in the back were ribbing me!"

Kelly: "No, he really said that. Did they tell you the part about you sitting in the stands, looking all skeptical?"

Austin: "AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah... oh man that was too much."
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
#30 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.31
    Originally posted by Amos Cochran
    That's not putting them over at all. He beat them pretty much singlehandedly by pinning Billy with Road Dogg skulking around ringside.

    I think it's weird to posit that Punk has been at all hard-done-by in all of this. I get the frustration over the part-timers, and I don't blame him for taking off if that's what he wants to do. But he's has a pretty damn great three years since his pipebomb. Longest reigning champion of the modern era. Massive matches against Rock, Undertaker and Lesnar. Consistently positioned as either the company's top heel of their number two face. He's had a great run that 999 out of 1000 wrestlers would kill for.

    I mean, Cena's working fuckin' Bray Wyatt in the midcard of this year's show. Punk at least was lined up to be the heroic slayer of the big heel authority figure of the last six months. Ultimately this seems to be a case of he and the company's plans not aligning, and him taking off early because of it. No-one's really in the wrong, and it's probably best for both parties if he's this burnt out.

    (edited by Amos Cochran on 29.1.14 1018)


There has been talk that Cena/Wyatt may main event or go on second to last. We still don't know if Punk was going over HHH. I mean this HHH. I still think he would face Kane at Mania if he was going to be in the Elimination Chamber. Punk made some comments at Portland that he wasn't happy with Batista winning, but he likes Batista, he just hates the situation.

I just got this bad feeling, HHH will take his revenge on the fans by beating Bryan easily then celebrate with Batista and his buddies at the end of the show. Then Bryan may get his title shot in Seattle and well...we all know WWE's record when someone tries to win in their hometown.



The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
El Nastio
Andouille








Since: 14.1.02
From: Ottawa Ontario, by way of Walkerton

Since last post: 14 min.
Last activity: 14 min.
ICQ:  
#31 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.41
    Originally posted by lotjx
    Then Bryan may get his title shot in Seattle and well...we all know WWE's record when someone tries to win in their hometown.


Money in the Bank. Chicago. Punk vs Cena.

Which, come to think of it, is a logical place for Bryan to (finally) win and keep the title. Or retain the title.



"You can't put a price on integrity"
GRL
Frankfurter








Since: 13.7.02
From: Austin

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 22 hours
#32 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.76
    Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver
    But see what I mean when I say fans are fickle? Three years ago, this would have been a massive deal and cause a revolt. Now? Well, we have Daniel Bryan and The Shield and hey, some good could come of this. Be interesting to see if this has any impact on ratings, PPV sales, etc... (I'm guessing no, empowering Vince even more with his 'Everyone is replaceable' mantra)



Respectfully and wholly disagree. It's a massive deal. For a guy who was often the only reason to watch/attend/buy merchandise for, it's going to have a big impact in my home and on my viewing habits. Unavoidable in the long run (unless you are a Ric Flair fan) due to retirement someday, but this one hurts.

lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
#33 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.31
    Originally posted by El Nastio
      Originally posted by lotjx
      Then Bryan may get his title shot in Seattle and well...we all know WWE's record when someone tries to win in their hometown.


    Money in the Bank. Chicago. Punk vs Cena.

    Which, come to think of it, is a logical place for Bryan to (finally) win and keep the title. Or retain the title.


That is one of the few times. Most of the time, its hometown hero loses in heroic fashion.



The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 8 days
Last activity: 10 hours
#34 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.98
Can you imagine how bad the WWE experience would've been if Punk had left after Money in the Bank 2011? Even more Sheamus and Del Rio? He's been waiting almost three years for the break he was planning on taking, save for a few weeks off last spring. He may as well take it.

It is sad that he lets the Wrestlemania booking off the hook if Bryan slides right into his spot against Triple H ... unless that was already the idea before he left. Still, even if Bryan is higher on the card against HHH, I think minds have been made up on Batista vs. Orton.
Hot Newz
Bauerwurst








Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 267 days
Last activity: 211 days
#35 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.53
AJ Lee to walk too, take the Divas belt to TNA, drop it in a trash can, then scrape her tattoo off with a cheesegrater and drop the shavings in the trash can too!?



ROTFLMAO!!!!
El Nastio
Andouille








Since: 14.1.02
From: Ottawa Ontario, by way of Walkerton

Since last post: 14 min.
Last activity: 14 min.
ICQ:  
#36 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.41
At this point I'm beginning to wonder if we're being worked/trolled full tilt. You have TMZ picking up wrasslin' storylines, you have "serious concussions" followed by people taking finishers into a wall, you have people coming back as faces while acting/looking like total douches, you have all sorts of things like this.

Then again, the idea of Punk being unhappy with things has been consistent, since the Rock came back. So who knows.



"You can't put a price on integrity"
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
#37 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.31
    Originally posted by El Nastio
    At this point I'm beginning to wonder if we're being worked/trolled full tilt. You have TMZ picking up wrasslin' storylines, you have "serious concussions" followed by people taking finishers into a wall, you have people coming back as faces while acting/looking like total douches, you have all sorts of things like this.

    Then again, the idea of Punk being unhappy with things has been consistent, since the Rock came back. So who knows.


Rock coming back to Main Event was the straw on the camel's back. Miz being in that main event had a large part to do with it. On top of the SES being torn apart for no reason.



The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
AlbySure
Boerewors








Since: 10.12.01
From: LA

Since last post: 41 days
Last activity: 8 hours
AIM:  
#38 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.70
So how does this work from a contractual standpoint? He can't go anywhere else until July (not that it seems like he wants to go anywhere, period), but does he still get paid? If anything would be a breach of contract, wouldn't it be refusing to go to work?

(deleted by AlbySure on 29.1.14 1320)

(resurrected by AlbySure on 29.1.14 1323)
lotjx
Scrapple








Since: 5.9.08

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
#39 Posted on | Instant Rating: 1.31
    Originally posted by AlbySure
    So how does this work from a contractual standpoint? He can't go anywhere else until July (not that it seems like he wants to go anywhere, period), but does he still get paid? If anything would be a breach of contract, wouldn't it be refusing to go to work?


Depends on what is in that contract. He has stated numerous times, he put a lot of insane things in the contract like M%Ms on his plane on or something like that. For all we know, there might be an out where he can walk away if he feels like the WWE is not living up to their obligations or if he doesn't have a certain spot at Mania or whatever. He may be able to walk without pay and not be in breach of contract. I can see him giving himself an out after a certain amount of dates that the contract is null and void. But, we may never know.



The Wee Baby Sheamus.Twitter: @realjoecarfley its a bit more toned down there. A bit.
Leroy
Boudin blanc








Since: 7.2.02

Since last post: 8 days
Last activity: 7 days
#40 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.68
    Originally posted by lotjx
    ...he put a lot of insane things in the contract like M%Ms...


Pretty insane. Not as insane as M$Ms, but more insane than M^Ms.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Thread rated: 5.72
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Thread ahead: Full List of PPVs Available on WWE Network
Next thread: National Pro Wrestling Day!
Previous thread: WWE Smackdown #754 1/31/14
(342 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Yeah he did rip the Hurricane, but The Sports Guy is consistantly one of the funniest sportswriters around. He makes random WWF references in his other columns. I think he did a similar recap last year for a PPV.
Related threads: intereSting - Kaitlyn & WWE Part Ways - Dolph Zigger Suffers (ANother Concussion) - More...
The W - Pro Wrestling - CM Punk goes home (Page 2)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.699 seconds.