I have stolen this from the messageboard at Fuckedcompany.com -- the funniest messageboard I have ever lurked. I did not write it, I don't know if the facts are correct, but the author does seem to have his/her shit together. Click Here (comments.fuckedcompany.com) to read the original post, but be careful ... you gotta wade through an awful lot of crap and spam to read worthwhile posts. Let's give a cheer for hands-on admins like the Zims!
The author, by the way, is named I. Emma Troll. Best. Messageboardname. Ever.
----------------------------------------------------------- Something to think about...
Do not the Bush/Cheney/Rice/Blair relationships to the oil industry, the Bush Administration's desire to put Iraq under U.S. control, and America's heavy dependency on Iraqi oil make you wonder what other considerations may be at play? Please read the facts below and see if you can shed some light on the interesting relationships and ulterior motives that can be read from these facts.
* 31% of U.S. oil comes from Arab OPEC countries.
* 86% of oil imported to the U.S. from the middle east comes from Saudi Arabia and Iraq.
* In July of 2002 Chevron imported 5,061,000 barrels from Iraq.
* Chevron imports nearly five times more oil to the U.S. from Iraq than any other oil company.
* Chevron is the only major U.S. oil company that imports more oil from Iraq than from Saudi Arabia.
sources for the above facts: Department of Energy publications located here or here
* There are current Bush Administration plans to further reduce our dependency on Saudi Arabian oil, and to replace the Saudi supply with Iraqi oil.
source: Jane's Foreign Report
* BP (British Petroleum) is the only oil company other than Chevron that imports more oil to the U.S. from Iraq than from any other middle eastern nation.
source: Boycott Middle-East Oil, verified with Department of Energy stats
* Britain is the only other country who's government is strongly backing the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
source: The Observer
* George Bush Sr. is a former director of Halliburton. He is now one of the directors of The Carlyle Group, one of the U.S.'s largest defense contractors.
source: The Consortium and Here In Reality
* Dick Cheney, was Halliburton's chairman and chief executive. Halliburton is the world's largest oil field services company.
* Halliburton has signed contracts and provides services to Chevron.
source: The Consortium
* The Bush Administrations' National Security Advisor, Condoleeza Rice, was a former director of Chevron and held a quarter of a million shares of Chevron stock. She even had a tanker named after her until before being appointed by President Bush.
sources: Multinational Monitor and Democratic Underground
These facts show there is a serious conflict of interest with the relationships between the Bush family, the Bush Administration, Chevron, and Halliburton. The facts show the Bush family and friends stand to profit greatly from war and the controlled flow of Iraqi oil. Why should these conflicts of interest be allowed to progress to the point of war? The invasion of Iraq will certainly kill many people who have no interest, and who's families will not profit from the success or failure of Chevron, BP, Halliburton, or the Carlyle Group.
[snip an analogy about Sun Microsystems taking over the U.S. government.]
Let's review: Halliburton is the largest oil field services provider and provides services to Chevron. Bush Sr. was a director of Halliburton. Dick Cheney was Halliburton's CEO. Chevron is the #1 importer of Iraqi oil. There are Bush administration plans to reduce demand for Saudi oil and use Iraqi oil in place. Bush wants to invade Iraq. Invasions bring profit to defense contractors. Bush's daddy is one of the directors of one of the largest defense contractors. See the circle of greed and profit?
This is why many people just aren't willing to take Bush's word on why war is necessary. The Military-Industrial Complex is alive and well, and making some Americans very, very rich.
Edit: And just now I clicked over to Drudge to read today's headlines ... and i read this! Click Here (forbes.com) What are the chances?
(edited by Gavintzu on 8.3.03 1930) If it's true a rich man leads a sad life (that's what they say, from day to day), Then what do all the poor do with their lives On Judgement Day -- with nothing to say?
------------------------------------------------ Joe Strummer Lives!
Bush's daddy is one of the directors of one of the largest defense contractors. See the circle of greed and profit?
Oh come on, true he in on the 11th ranked company Click Here (dior.whs.mil) but its not like he is on the board of Raytheon, Lockhead, or Boeing scroll down to see top 10 companies (dior.whs.mil) which will get much more money from this war.
He's coming back on TV this February -- he's gonna be on HBO in Dennis Miller's old time slot, live and for an hour. They don't have a title or a format yet, but they don't expect it to be all that different from "Politically Incorrect".