The W
Views: 101384740
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
18.12.14 0339
The W - Pro Wrestling - Benoit v Mysterio
This thread has 4 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1(11511 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (5 total)
sergeial
Boerewors








Since: 27.2.02
From: Minneapolis

Since last post: 3093 days
Last activity: 3009 days
#1 Posted on
I have to admit, I was blown away by this match. This was definitely my favorite free-TV match so far this year. A few noteworthy points:

I believe this is the first time Benoit or Rey has been in the main event without Angle, Rock, or Austin as an opponent. It's a promotion when they put you in the main event, but it's really a promotion when they put you in the main event without one of the top five guys (Angle, Rock, Austin, Taker, or HHH) as an opponent.

By me, this is the best match either man has put on since their respective returns, and that is really saying something, when they both have had big feuds with Kurt "Broomstick" Angle!

For the second week in a row, Edge has an epic match that makes you wonder "Why wasn't this the main event?" and then Rey and Benoit reply, "cuz we have something even better to show you".

I became a wrestling fan in the dying days of WCW and have never watched it, so the only Mysterio matches I've seen are the ones in the last couple of months. Right from his debut, I could tell that he was really something special, but that he was capable of a better match than I had yet seen. Now I have seen that match, and from here on out Mysterio/Benoit is my standard for comparison when it comes to a Mysterio match. (Benoit/Austin on SD! is still my favorite Benoit match, but this one is definitely in the top 3 or so).

Well, that's enough fan-boy gushing for one day. I need to get to work anyway. But, man, I loved that match!

sergei






"I tear my quadracep all the time! I tore it this morning, I'm fine!"-- Kurt Angle
Promote this thread!
redsoxnation
Scrapple








Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 535 days
Last activity: 535 days
#2 Posted on

    Originally posted by sergeial
    I have to admit, I was blown away by this match. This was definitely my favorite free-TV match so far this year. A few noteworthy points:

    I believe this is the first time Benoit or Rey has been in the main event without Angle, Rock, or Austin as an opponent. It's a promotion when they put you in the main event, but it's really a promotion when they put you in the main event without one of the top five guys (Angle, Rock, Austin, Taker, or HHH) as an opponent.

    By me, this is the best match either man has put on since their respective returns, and that is really saying something, when they both have had big feuds with Kurt "Broomstick" Angle!

    For the second week in a row, Edge has an epic match that makes you wonder "Why wasn't this the main event?" and then Rey and Benoit reply, "cuz we have something even better to show you".

    I became a wrestling fan in the dying days of WCW and have never watched it, so the only Mysterio matches I've seen are the ones in the last couple of months. Right from his debut, I could tell that he was really something special, but that he was capable of a better match than I had yet seen. Now I have seen that match, and from here on out Mysterio/Benoit is my standard for comparison when it comes to a Mysterio match. (Benoit/Austin on SD! is still my favorite Benoit match, but this one is definitely in the top 3 or so).

    Well, that's enough fan-boy gushing for one day. I need to get to work anyway. But, man, I loved that match!

    sergei






I really hate saying this, but Benoit did main event SD against HHH right after debuting. Also, he was in the 10 man main event on RAW without Angle, Rock or Austin involved.



I want you to know, I agree with everything I've just said.
WhoBettahThanDeion
Bockwurst








Since: 4.1.02

Since last post: 4440 days
Last activity: 4276 days
#3 Posted on
Hey Yo...

While I liked the match, I liked Edge/Angle a bit better looking back. I was just glad to see Rey win.

Now, if only they could develop some kind of character, so we could see Rey be in a real full-fledged fued with backstage segments and a promo that isn't awful. But, aw hell, who needs it! That match was AWESOME! Rey rules!



What's the thin line one crosses from being a fan to being a loser? Answer THAT one...

"Pootie Tang? More like Dootie Tang!" -Chris Rock

One word: BUCKEYES! With that being said, BLAM! In your face!
sergeial
Boerewors








Since: 27.2.02
From: Minneapolis

Since last post: 3093 days
Last activity: 3009 days
#4 Posted on

    Originally posted by redsoxnation
    I really hate saying this, but Benoit did main event SD against HHH right after debuting. Also, he was in the 10 man main event on RAW without Angle, Rock or Austin involved.



Good point. Basically, I just meant that it was the first main event that either of them had been in that didn't have the top five in it, those just happened to be the only three I remembered main-eventing with Rey or Benoit. But that ten-man didn't have any of the top five in it. Still, it was a ten-man... So this was the first one-on-one main event for Rey and the first one-on-one main-event not involving an established main-eventer for Benoit.

Also, regarding WhoBettah's comments-- Nah, his name is Mysterio, he should take a vow of silence and just be mysterious. I think his voice just doesn't suit his mystique, and he would be better off to shut up, or limit himself to rare, brief, "silent bob"-type comments, like his first words after his return, "Leave Angle to me..."

Just my damn opinion...

sergei



"I tear my quadracep all the time! I tore it this morning, I'm fine!"-- Kurt Angle
darkdragoon
Bockwurst








Since: 26.8.02

Since last post: 3752 days
Last activity: 3752 days
#5 Posted on

    Originally posted by sergeial[quotemid
    Nah, his name is Mysterio, he should take a vow of silence and just be mysterious. I think his voice just doesn't suit his mystique, and he would be better off to shut up, or limit himself to rare, brief, "silent bob"-type comments, like his first words after his return, "Leave Angle to me..."

    Just my damn opinion...

    sergei



Actually, I'm surprised they haven't gone for the Hulk thing--"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" with a closeup of his contacts.
Pages: 1Thread ahead: WWE in the New Year
Next thread: Can Raw recover?
Previous thread: Days of our WWE lives?
(11511 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
WTF!?!? Talk about changing gears...they said they were going to do a Hogan Jukebox on Sunday to coincide with the launch of 24/7 it had a Hogan pic with matches listed beside him.
The W - Pro Wrestling - Benoit v MysterioRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 1.033 seconds.