The W
Views: 95623252
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Calendar | Color chart | Log in for more!
18.4.14 2105
The W - Movies & TV - AD - "The Ocean Walker" - 12/5
This thread has 15 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Thread rated: 5.61
Pages: 1 2 Next
(4232 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (25 total)
TheMASKEDComputerGeek
Chourico








Since: 7.1.02
From: Franklin, Wisconsin

Since last post: 109 days
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
#1 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.74
BEST ENDING TO AN AD EPISODE EVER.

The use of the "Monster" photograph, as well as "They're not expensive." I will now comfort myself with the thought of at least 7 more episodes existing.



Let's skip stones!
- David Wain

[html]www.getofftheshed.net/td2
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!
Promote this thread!
whatever
Lap cheong








Since: 12.2.02
From: Cleveland, Ohio

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#2 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.77
    Originally posted by TheMASKEDComputerGeek
    BEST ENDING TO AN AD EPISODE EVER.

    The use of the "Monster" photograph, as well as "They're not expensive." I will now comfort myself with the thought of at least 7 more episodes existing.

I was watching this episode, and then my wife got home and things went crazy with our kidlets right toward the end. So I've got to ask - what happened at the end of the show?

Also, count me in for a great laugh at the "Monster" pic and "Sea-Britain". The local call from the hotel was fantastic, too.



TheMASKEDComputerGeek
Chourico








Since: 7.1.02
From: Franklin, Wisconsin

Since last post: 109 days
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
#3 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.74
Michael and Rita break up and then they reference "Being There" as she walks across the pool at the hotel. Michael turns to Gob: "Wait a minute, that was your trick, right?" "No. That wasn't my trick, Michael." Fade to white. NEXT TIME ON ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. "THAT WAS MY ILLUSION!" Gob fires off lighter fluid over Tobias' head which sets the grill on fire and Tobias tries to jump in the pool which is rigged to help Rita stay above water. "WHY AM I NOT SINKING. FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY AM I NOT SINKING!?!?" I really didn't do it justice at all with this, you have to see it. It was hysterical.



Let's skip stones!
- David Wain

[html]www.getofftheshed.net/td2
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!
Bullitt
Shot in the dark








Since: 11.1.02
From: Houston

Since last post: 336 days
Last activity: 4 days
#4 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.82
I'll wager only about six people got the Buster/Mr. Roboto reference...



These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing.
Battlezone
Potato korv








Since: 27.2.03
From: Seattle, Washington

Since last post: 1957 days
Last activity: 9 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#5 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.01
*raises hand*

I caught it, but only on the second viewing.



"It's the four pillars of the male heterosexual psyche. We like naked women, stockings, lesbians, and Sean Connery best as James Bond because that is what being a [man] is." -Jack Davenport, Coupling
TheMASKEDComputerGeek
Chourico








Since: 7.1.02
From: Franklin, Wisconsin

Since last post: 109 days
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
#6 Posted on | Instant Rating: 4.74
Same here.



Let's skip stones!
- David Wain

[html]www.getofftheshed.net/td2
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!
Alex
Bratwurst








Since: 24.2.02

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#7 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.96
Nice of Fox to advertise they were showing Arrested Development again so that people like me who had given it up for dead would actually know that it was on.



signature
Quezzy
Knackwurst








Since: 6.1.02
From: The Moon

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 2 hours
AIM:  
#8 Posted on | Instant Rating: 3.01
Well they did cancel it, it's pretty normal to not advertise a show they cancelled.

I must say, George Michael's video tape of him with his light saber is a running gag that will never get old. THen he topped it off by saying "we really should get another tape." Great stuff.



Lance's Response:

THAT IS AWESOME!
geemoney
Scrapple








Since: 26.1.03
From: Naples, FL

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 5 min.
AIM:  
#9 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.19
    Originally posted by Quezzy
    Well they did cancel it, it's pretty normal to not advertise a show they cancelled.



I believe, technically, only the episode cut to 13 has been announced. The Futon Critic doesn't list it as cancelled, and I don't believe there was an "offical" announcement about it.



College, Sports and More!: Experience It



drjayphd
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 22.4.02
From: Connecticut

Since last post: 22 days
Last activity: 21 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#10 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.06
You wanted the best, you got... Out of Context Quote of the Week.

"Because personally if I was being choked by Ric Flair, my personal reaction would be well, "Glrrrrkkk, can't breathe" but after that... "Man, I'm being choked out by Ric Flair, this is so cool." and then some more "Gllllrrrrk, can't breathe."" (Llakor)


    Originally posted by geemoney
      Originally posted by Quezzy
      Well they did cancel it, it's pretty normal to not advertise a show they cancelled.



    I believe, technically, only the episode cut to 13 has been announced. The Futon Critic doesn't list it as cancelled, and I don't believe there was an "offical" announcement about it.


I only caught part of it on the E! ticker, but it looks like someone might be in the process of picking it up. Entertainment Weekly's reported a month ago that there was a rumor Showtime (popwatch.ew.com) was interested, but I don't know any more.



Deputy Marshall
Liverwurst








Since: 28.6.04
From: Troy, NY

Since last post: 253 days
Last activity: 94 days
#11 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.70
    Originally posted by Alex
    Nice of Fox to advertise they were showing Arrested Development again so that people like me who had given it up for Gdead would actually know that it was on.


I hear ya. I caught the episode about three minutes in by total accident. It's a good thing there was nothing else on that had my attention at the time.

    Originally posted by TheMASKEDComputerGeek
    Michael and Rita break up and then they reference "Being There" as she walks across the pool at the hotel. Michael turns to Gob: "Wait a minute, that was your trick, right?" "No. That wasn't my trick, Michael." Fade to white. NEXT TIME ON ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. "THAT WAS MY ILLUSION!" Gob fires off lighter fluid over Tobias' head which sets the grill on fire and Tobias tries to jump in the pool which is rigged to help Rita stay above water. "WHY AM I NOT SINKING. FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY AM I NOT SINKING!?!?" I really didn't do it justice at all with this, you have to see it. It was hysterical.


That was probably my second-favorite GOB moment, right behind the end of the first episode where a potential employer asks if he has any references, and he responds with a quick flash illusion and says "Is THAT enough of a reference for ya?"

Good episode. The writing on this show is brilliant, in that they managed to somehow make it believable that Michael could be mistaken while garnering sympathy for a character who doesn't realize the woman he's fallen head over heels for is mentally challenged.

God, I'm going to miss this show so badly if it doesn't get picked up by another network.




Live long and
be fabulous.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator








Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 19 min.
#12 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.46
I am totally in agreement about that being the best On The Next Arrested Development ever. What a moment. Next week's episode is called Prison Break-in, the first in what I assume will be many shots at Fox to come over the next seven episodes.

Fox has changed their schedule again -- but not for the worse, this time. Kitchen Confidential -- which got a really raw deal from Fox, all things considered, although the times I watched it the three whole times it was on, I found it kind of so-so -- is apparently re-pulled. In its place, Fox will pair the new Arrested with a "classic episode."

That's cool, but too little, too late, you jerks. You know, how many times during The Office last night did I see NBC ads touting its move to Thursdays and hailing it as the most innovative comedy on TV. It's almost like the network wants their promising, brilliant show to catch on and succeed.

(edited by JustinShapiro on 7.12.05 2357)
Freeway
Scrapple








Since: 3.1.02
From: Calgary

Since last post: 117 days
Last activity: 88 days
#13 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.10
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    I am totally in agreement about that being the best On The Next Arrested Development ever. What a moment. Next week's episode is called Prison Break-in, the first in what I assume will be many shots at Fox to come over the next seven episodes.

    Fox has changed their schedule again -- but not for the worse, this time. Kitchen Confidential -- which got a really raw deal from Fox, all things considered, although the times I watched it the three whole times it was on, I found it kind of so-so -- is apparently re-pulled. In its place, Fox will pair the new Arrested with a "classic episode."

    That's cool, but too little, too late, you jerks. You know, how many times during The Office last night did I see NBC ads touting its move to Thursdays and hailing it as the most innovative comedy on TV. It's almost like the network wants their promising, brilliant show to catch on and succeed.

    (edited by JustinShapiro on 7.12.05 2357)


How to succeed in television:

Step 1) Come up with an idea. It doesn't need to be particular innovative (Scrubs is just E.R. with a comedic slant and a different focus), just well-made.

Step 2) Pair up this well-made show with an established show. This ensures that somebody will watch it. See: The Office being paired with Scrubs last year, or Scrubs being placed on Must-See Thursdays during the establishing years.

Step 3) If ratings are good/consistent, promote the shit out of it.

Step 4) Profit.



DVDs; Blog
Calgary Flames: 14-8-3 (2nd in NHL's Northwest Divison)
Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights: 10-8-0-4 (2nd in AHL's West Division)
Tribal Prophet
Andouille








Since: 9.1.02
From: Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#14 Posted on | Instant Rating: 6.08
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    Next week's episode is called Prison Break-in, the first in what I assume will be many shots at Fox to come over the next seven episodes.


Apparently, they've got one episode coming that is entirely making fun of FOX. I can't remember the title of that one, but it'll be fun as hell when it airs.


Tribal Prophet
Wolfram J. Paulovich
Frankfurter








Since: 11.11.02
From: Fat City, Baby

Since last post: 2768 days
Last activity: 2139 days
AIM:  
#15 Posted on | Instant Rating: 5.66
IF it airs. A current theory going around (at least at the Balboa Observer-Picayune website, the Mecca for AD dorks) says that FOX will let them film the 13 episodes for this season, but they'll only air 10. Episodes 11-13 will supposedly only appear on DVD. Now, the episode that's really really zinging FOX is supposedly the final one. So sadly it may never air on the network that most deserves the abuse that it dishes out.

As for Showtime and junk, maybe Shapiro'll post some interesting links. I don't have them handy, but producer Brian Grazer was recently on CNN for a Hollywood beat-type show, and he was acting veeeeerrrrry calm about the future of AD. He didn't mention any network in particular, but instead of giving non-committal responses that could only be construed as hopeless-but-not-wanting-to-let-down-all-the-fans-right-now, he seemed like he was being cool and confident because it was most definitely not dead yet.

Keep the faith. I'm still crossing my fingers and saying my prayers every night for an Earl/Office/Scrubs/AD Thursday Night Two Hours of Power on NBC. I'm not sure why I've turned to prayer; I don't believe in God. Just seems like the right thing to do.



The Obtuse Angle Archive.
Brian P. Dermody
Liverwurst
Moderator








Since: 20.9.02
From: New York, NY

Since last post: 750 days
Last activity: 172 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#16 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.81
    Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
    I'm not sure why I've turned to prayer; I don't believe in God. Just seems like the right thing to do.


I'm just hoping to get to a church with Ann Veal (not pictured).



A fun, sexy time.


Reward TV -- TV just got better!

MonteCarl
Potato korv








Since: 21.1.02
From: Saginaw, MI

Since last post: 50 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#17 Posted on | Instant Rating: 8.09
My three favorite moments in this episode:

Lindsey breaking out the "Lucielle wink"

"The fact that you call it pop-pop tells me you are not ready"

Gob again fails with the fire ball/lighter fluid but Rita gives the "Yeah, but where did the ligher fluid come from?" line



--Monte N
http://www.thebananaconvention.com
Freeway
Scrapple








Since: 3.1.02
From: Calgary

Since last post: 117 days
Last activity: 88 days
#18 Posted on | Instant Rating: 7.10
    Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
    Keep the faith. I'm still crossing my fingers and saying my prayers every night for an Earl/Office/Scrubs/AD Thursday Night Two Hours of Power on NBC. I'm not sure why I've turned to prayer; I don't believe in God. Just seems like the right thing to do.


Jeb, it seems that NBC is the only network with the balls and/or marketing scheme necessary to run good shows.



DVDs; Blog
Calgary Flames: 14-8-3 (2nd in NHL's Northwest Divison)
Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights: 10-8-0-4 (2nd in AHL's West Division)
Cerebus
Knackwurst








Since: 17.11.02

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 1 day
#19 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.72
    Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
    As for Showtime and junk, maybe Shapiro'll post some interesting links.


I'm not Shapiro, but here (news.yahoo.com)you go.

I'd guess they'll make the official announcement after the remaining episodes have finished airing. I'm sure FOX would hate to have viewers know one of their shows with a loyal fan base is going to another network while it's still on the air.

(edited by Cerebus on 14.12.05 1257)
edoug
Summer sausage








Since: 13.2.04
From: Maine

Since last post: 22 hours
Last activity: 6 hours
#20 Posted on | Instant Rating: 2.74
It looks like ABC is interested too.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117934587?cs=1&s=h&p=0



Pages: 1 2 Next
Thread rated: 5.61
Pages: 1 2 Next
Thread ahead: DVD News!
Next thread: Smallville didn't SUCK!
Previous thread: Survivor Finale
(4232 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Question: Why is The Reaping coming out on a Thursday? And has any movie ever come out on a Thursday? Seems odd to me, especially when The Reaping just seems like a generic horror movie.
- Torchslasher, Movies! 4/4/07 4/5/07 4/6/07 (2007)
Related threads: Arrested Development 11.7.05 Notapusy and Mr F - Arrested Development - 'Forget Me Now' 10.3.05 - FOX Monday Night...Maeby? No, definitely! - More...
The W - Movies & TV - AD - "The Ocean Walker" - 12/5Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim

This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.218 seconds.