The W
Views: 129580226
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
10.12.10 2213
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Tom Zenk
This thread has 8 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
(7640 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (9 total)
WillsPappy
Braunschweiger
Level: 9

Posts: 3/12
EXP: 3049
For next: 113

Since: 19.3.03
From: New York

Since last post: 4699 days
Last activity: 4666 days
AIM:  
#1 Posted on 20.3.03 0011.57
Reposted on: 20.3.10 0013.02
OK, I am a bit late to the table. Infact, I am probably the last person in the world to visit Tom Zenk's website.

So, I finally pay a visit and read some of his commentary...WOW! I mean, jeezus is he a bitter person or am I missing something? He pulls everyone out on the carpet doesn't he?

I don't know enough about the man to know if what he says about others is true or not, but for frick's sake, get over it!

Maybe he needs a constructive hobby or something. Hasn't he tried acting or modeling, seems like something to occupy his time. Then maybe he can chanel his energy into something positive.

Good lord man, don't you have any dignity? Or am I just getting too wrapped up in all of this?
Promote this thread!
AWArulz
Scrapple
Level: 116

Posts: 312/3719
EXP: 17265497
For next: 58648

Since: 28.1.02
From: Louisville, KY

Since last post: 23 days
Last activity: 5 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#2 Posted on 20.3.03 0705.34
Reposted on: 20.3.10 0707.06

    Originally posted by Phig Newton
    OK, I am a bit late to the table. Infact, I am probably the last person in the world to visit Tom Zenk's website.

    So, I finally pay a visit and read some of his commentary...WOW! I mean, jeezus is he a bitter person or am I missing something? He pulls everyone out on the carpet doesn't he?

    I don't know enough about the man to know if what he says about others is true or not, but for frick's sake, get over it!

    Maybe he needs a constructive hobby or something. Hasn't he tried acting or modeling, seems like something to occupy his time. Then maybe he can chanel his energy into something positive.

    Good lord man, don't you have any dignity? Or am I just getting too wrapped up in all of this?



You're right about Zenk. He's pretty consistant in his bitterness. He has nothing good to say about anyone or anything. I kind of see him as the anti-kafabe.

But that's what America (and for that matter, most of the "west") is all about: Dissenting opinions. It's why Ringmistress can love HHH, even here on the Wienerboard.
dskillz
Landjager
Level: 64

Posts: 568/938
EXP: 2191883
For next: 22226

Since: 2.1.02
From: Houston Texas

Since last post: 4344 days
Last activity: 4049 days
#3 Posted on 20.3.03 0949.39
Reposted on: 20.3.10 0950.25
He comes off as bitter, but he has been pretty much right on the money with all of his predictions the past couple of years or so. It is an entertaining read usually and it is good to hear from someone who was in the WWF machine and can see through the BS.

I have no idea how you can question one's dignity for making a site and telling his educated opinion about what is going on. I mean, you could question Austin's dignity for coming back after all that happened.
AWArulz
Scrapple
Level: 116

Posts: 313/3719
EXP: 17265497
For next: 58648

Since: 28.1.02
From: Louisville, KY

Since last post: 23 days
Last activity: 5 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on 20.3.03 0952.05
Reposted on: 20.3.10 0954.32
What I say about Zenk is the same thing I say about Hyatte (and others) (and I am done, here, Chris). Don't like it, defend to the death your right to say it.
WillsPappy
Braunschweiger
Level: 9

Posts: 4/12
EXP: 3049
For next: 113

Since: 19.3.03
From: New York

Since last post: 4699 days
Last activity: 4666 days
AIM:  
#5 Posted on 20.3.03 1302.22
Reposted on: 20.3.10 1306.36
Right, I suppose I can't really begrudge the man his opinion. I was just taken aback. I heard about a lot of what he writes, I don't think I was really ready for his bluntness. But I suppose that's the hook.
RKMtwin
Boudin rouge
Level: 49

Posts: 240/511
EXP: 876910
For next: 6979

Since: 1.3.02
From: Denver, Colorado

Since last post: 3328 days
Last activity: 2771 days
#6 Posted on 20.3.03 1921.52
Reposted on: 20.3.10 1924.27
I would never miss Meltzer's eyada shows when Tom Zenk was a guest. He was abrassive, angry, bitter, and funny as hell! Personally, I tend to agree with a lot of Tom Zenk's views about the business. And to boot, The Z-Man's impressions of Dusty Rhodes were some of THEE funniest shit I've ever heard! Especially when the Dweem showed up on Meltzer's show only weeks later!

It's too bad one can't access those eyada shows anymore.
BigDaddyLoco
Scrapple
Level: 139

Posts: 1149/5638
EXP: 32299394
For next: 168133

Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 31 days
Last activity: 30 days
#7 Posted on 20.3.03 2216.45
Reposted on: 20.3.10 2216.45
They're interesting. At least he's suited up in the ring and walked down the aisle. We always hear from guys like Keller or Meltzer who've never been there. I thought his little article about Dynamite Kid was interesting considering Angle is going into WM with a kneck injury.
dskillz
Landjager
Level: 64

Posts: 570/938
EXP: 2191883
For next: 22226

Since: 2.1.02
From: Houston Texas

Since last post: 4344 days
Last activity: 4049 days
#8 Posted on 21.3.03 0013.53
Reposted on: 21.3.10 0014.30

    Originally posted by BigDaddyLoco
    They're interesting. At least he's suited up in the ring and walked down the aisle. We always hear from guys like Keller or Meltzer who've never been there. I thought his little article about Dynamite Kid was interesting considering Angle is going into WM with a kneck injury.


that is the reason I like Zenk. He has worked with many of the top names: Dream, Flair, Dynamite, Austin, HHH, Sting, Steiner, etc. He knows what they are going through and what Vince is capable of. Everyone else speaks from rumor. Zenk speaks from what he knows.
dMp
Knackwurst
Level: 105

Posts: 1136/2926
EXP: 12074069
For next: 188231

Since: 4.1.02
From: The Hague, Netherlands (Europe)

Since last post: 19 days
Last activity: 10 hours
#9 Posted on 21.3.03 0350.29
Reposted on: 21.3.10 0351.02

    Originally posted by dskillz
    br>that is the reason I like Zenk. He has worked with many of the top names: Dream, Flair, Dynamite, Austin, HHH, Sting, Steiner, etc. He knows what they are going through and what Vince is capable of. Everyone else speaks from rumor. Zenk speaks from what he knows.


But does he speak of what he knows, or does he speak of what he knew at one time but has changed to a certain degree leaving him as much on the outside as many others?

ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: YOUR WWE SMACKDOWN WORKRATE REPORT- 3/20/2003!
Next thread: Hogan vs. McMahon: A Predictable Ending Once Again?
Previous thread: How would YOU (Who me? Yes you!) change the WWE?
(7640 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Tom ZenkRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2015 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.463 seconds.