The W
Views: 98310766
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
20.8.07 1936
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Which Way will this Match Break (Possible SD Spoiler, but its 6 hours before tapings so who knows) Register and log in to post!
(7037 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (8 total)
redsoxnation
Scrapple
Level: 152

Posts: 1122/7534
EXP: 43428704
For next: 873058

Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 415 days
Last activity: 415 days
#1 Posted on 10.12.02 1332.44
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1334.54
This might be a Smackdown Spoiler Thread. You have been warned.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Since it appears an Eddy Guerrero/Chris Benoit one on one match appears likely for the PPV (they will need a long SD match because I doubt even Angle can carry Big Slug longer than 7 minutes, and I don't know how long a possible Albert/Edge match can go) which way does the match break. In that, does it become a reincarnation of the classic Saturday Night Matches they had upon their debut in WCW, culminating in them closing down the Center Stage in a classic in the fall of '95, or does it turn into the Raw of April 2001 match everyone was looking forward to, which was a hideous match and led to Eddy being shown the door for a year. In all likelihood the former occurs, but that match from RAW still worries me that somehow one or both are off that night, and both pushes end up being aborted.
Promote this thread!
fuelinjected
Banger
Level: 97

Posts: 278/2679
EXP: 9125233
For next: 192125

Since: 12.10.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 3198 days
Last activity: 3198 days
#2 Posted on 10.12.02 1403.07
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1408.18
Eddy was all drugged out in April 2001. He's clean and sober now so I expect a great match.

Even though Benoit-Eddy is a great match, I think it'd make more sense to do Guerreros vs Benoit/Kidman. Hopefully they'll add a Kidman-Chavo rematch to the PPV at least.
dMr
Andouille
Level: 89

Posts: 120/2210
EXP: 6820116
For next: 95812

Since: 2.11.02
From: Edinburgh, Scotland

Since last post: 43 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#3 Posted on 10.12.02 1409.06
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1410.33
Are they really gonna hot sot us an Albert-Edge match for Armageddon? I thought we would at least get a month of build up to give the Hip-hop Hippo some cerdibility
redsoxnation
Scrapple
Level: 152

Posts: 1124/7534
EXP: 43428704
For next: 873058

Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 415 days
Last activity: 415 days
#4 Posted on 10.12.02 1412.13
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1412.55

    Originally posted by dMr
    Are they really gonna hot sot us an Albert-Edge match for Armageddon? I thought we would at least get a month of build up to give the Hip-hop Hippo some cerdibility






I'm guessing they'd have the Albert/Taker feud around the Rumble, so that means Albert would go through Edge this week, so that he could get squashed, oops I mean the rub, from Taker at Rumble. This would allow Taker to figure out which top named star he gets to go over at Mania, allowing for him to have his annual post Mania main event push restarted.
Simba
Frankfurter
Level: 58

Posts: 181/809
EXP: 1525708
For next: 51847

Since: 7.8.02
From: Boston, MA

Since last post: 2441 days
Last activity: 2049 days
#5 Posted on 10.12.02 1427.29
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1428.45

    Originally posted by redsoxnation
    I'm guessing they'd have the Albert/Taker feud around the Rumble, so that means Albert would go through Edge this week, so that he could get squashed, oops I mean the rub, from Taker at Rumble. This would allow Taker to figure out which top named star he gets to go over at Mania, allowing for him to have his annual post Mania main event push restarted.


Ugh... Albert is from Boston, so there's a strong possibility that he'll get the "hometown rub" at the Rumble. Personally, I'd rather see an Albert/Cena hometown matchup and bill it as a Beantown Brawl. Then again, they'll probably just get eliminated from the Rumble by Rikishi or something.
Grimis
Scrapple
Level: 124

Posts: 668/4700
EXP: 21430262
For next: 406400

Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 1206 days
Last activity: 1002 days
#6 Posted on 10.12.02 1452.09
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1452.18

    Originally posted by Simba
    Ugh... Albert is from Boston, so there's a strong possibility that he'll get the "hometown rub" at the Rumble. Personally, I'd rather see an Albert/Cena hometown matchup and bill it as a Beantown Brawl. Then again, they'll probably just get eliminated from the Rumble by Rikishi or something.

Don't give the WWE too many ideas. They may capitalize on the "hometown rub" idea, put Albert over Edge at Armageddon, and decide that Angle v Albert for the WWE title is a good idea for the Rumble.

God I just scared myself.
Spiraling_Shape
Bratwurst
Level: 75

Posts: 268/1452
EXP: 3758018
For next: 68903

Since: 2.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 9 hours
#7 Posted on 10.12.02 1526.46
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1529.02
Shouldn`t the Taker feud with the Show upon his return, since he`s the one that dropped him off the stage? Then he can move onto Albert later on..maybe for his traditional WM victory? What thrilling matches await us in 2003!
dMr
Andouille
Level: 89

Posts: 122/2210
EXP: 6820116
For next: 95812

Since: 2.11.02
From: Edinburgh, Scotland

Since last post: 43 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#8 Posted on 10.12.02 1557.30
Reposted on: 10.12.09 1559.05

    Originally posted by Spiraling_Shape
    Shouldn`t the Taker feud with the Show upon his return, since he`s the one that dropped him off the stage? Then he can move onto Albert later on..maybe for his traditional WM victory? What thrilling matches await us in 2003!


The only problem with taker feuding with show when he returns is that it would make sense.

Anyway, the almighty Albert, the man the fans really want should be the one to end Takers thrilling unbeaten run at WM. He should then go on to be in the main event of every ppv and SD for the rest of the year.

2003 is the year of the Hippo. That sound you hear is the rocketing of buyrates
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: The Mark Report #1
Next thread: B-Tizzy and G-Dizzy
Previous thread: A HOSS, By Gawd!
(7037 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Which Way will this Match Break (Possible SD Spoiler, but its 6 hours before tapings so who knows)Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.298 seconds.