The W
Views: 97648745
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
24.7.07 1815
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Survivor Series: What the hell!?!?!?
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next(7210 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (82 total)
angrycheesehead
Linguica
Level: 20

Posts: 44/69
EXP: 38134
For next: 4305

Since: 10.6.02
From: Wisconsin

Since last post: 4168 days
Last activity: 3928 days
AIM:  
#21 Posted on 17.11.02 2239.33
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2240.01

    Originally posted by Hogan's My Dad
    Stupid decisions do not necessarily ruin a show. I still don't see why the WWE has to ejaculate with its pants on every time they're in MSG. It's just a building. Now for Big Show to be ass-banged like he was tonight is fine, if they were going to keep the title on Brock. But for Big Show to made into Brock's bitch on SD, and again tonight, and then to win anyway, makes Big Show look like crap and makes the title look like crap. If Steve Austin could have the title last summer and not defend it for well over a month, so can Brock. I loved the show and this was a bad decision.

    The chamber was again, a clusterfuck of dumb decisions. I loved how Jericho looked, and I think RVD went out because he hurt himself, but fact remains the crowd crapped on RVD leaving so early. Then they crapped on Booker T being beat. I loved how strong Jericho looked, but he didn't win. Kane looked like an idiot when he had 3 guys beat and somehow couldn't think to pin a single one of them. Then the guy who wins is not even in shape (smaller than in '96) and is not going on the road and is probably only going to job the belt back to Trips. This is too predictable. Great match, awesome card, had fun, but it doesn't set up ANYTHING I didn't see coming weeks ago.





I read things like this, and the one thing that I have to wonder is: "What do you people want? What would make you people happy?? And if everything sucks this bad, why do you watch!?"
Super Shane Spear
Bierwurst
Level: 83

Posts: 670/1839
EXP: 5340785
For next: 91459

Since: 2.1.02
From: Sector 7 Slums

Since last post: 1501 days
Last activity: 1501 days
#22 Posted on 17.11.02 2240.08
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2240.52
Good God with gravy on top. I hope the Big Show retains this fucking title for the next ten years just to spite everybody. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?? He's been awesome since he's starting on Brock. Do you think Benoit would've taken those chairshots on Smackdown with his Frankenstein neck? Do you....you know what. I'm just going to fucking quit right now, but it's not worth me crippling my fingers to type to a brick wall.

I hope you all quit watching WWE like you threaten to every time you don't like what's on TV. You'll be back. You bunch of fucking liars.

Big Show 4 Life.


(edited by Super Shane Spear on 17.11.02 2043)
angrycheesehead
Linguica
Level: 20

Posts: 45/69
EXP: 38134
For next: 4305

Since: 10.6.02
From: Wisconsin

Since last post: 4168 days
Last activity: 3928 days
AIM:  
#23 Posted on 17.11.02 2242.20
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2242.37

    Originally posted by Super Shane Spear
    Good God with gravy on top. I hope the Big Show retains this fucking title for the next ten years just to spite everybody. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?? He's been awesome since he's starting on Brock. Do you think Benoit would've taken those chairshots on Smackdown with his Frankenstein neck? Do you....you know what. I'm just going to fucking quit right now, but it's not worth me crippling my fingers to type to a brick wall.

    I hope you all quit watching WWE like you threaten too every time you don't like what's on TV.

    Big Show 4 Life.

    (edited by Super Shane Spear on 17.11.02 2040)



I'm with you, man! I posted virtually the same thing right above you! I don't really care for the big show, but hell, if it'll piss off some people this badly....GO SHOW!!!
Cerebus
Knackwurst
Level: 108

Posts: 7/3451
EXP: 13242586
For next: 277957

Since: 17.11.02

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 2 hours
#24 Posted on 17.11.02 2246.11
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2250.25
Shawn finding god is just a gimmick for his employer. That coke snorting, pill popping, strip club visiting, egocentric should not be on national tv shoving religion down anyones throat.
The King of Keith
Lap cheong
Level: 77

Posts: 98/1572
EXP: 4077516
For next: 113632

Since: 4.11.02
From: Winchester, VA

Since last post: 223 days
Last activity: 182 days
AIM:  
#25 Posted on 17.11.02 2247.12
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2252.45
Amen, Super Shane. Just b/c I don't like the Show doesn't mean I'm not going to watch. I'm going to be watching to see who knocks his sorry head off his shoulders. Heyman should be a great addition for him as a mouthpiece. Yokozuna, a very underrated champ, had motormouth Jim Cornette help him get over as a monster. The more I think about it, the more I think this is going to work. Sucks that Brock had to lose, though.
TheCow
Landjager
Level: 62

Posts: 206/948
EXP: 1976436
For next: 8261

Since: 3.1.02
From: Knoxville, TN

Since last post: 2359 days
Last activity: 2358 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#26 Posted on 17.11.02 2247.59
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2254.20
I honestly wonder if some people think the best place for the Big Show is in a coffin....

Don't shit all over yourselves yet, people. Unless you have a crystal ball or some other way of seeing into the future, how do you know this will suck?

There's a little disclaimer that goes on the bottom of all mutual funds advertisements: "Past performance does not guarantee future success." The same basic tenet applies here.

Past performance does not guarantee future results. Be patient.
Socks
Landjager
Level: 60

Posts: 289/888
EXP: 1757656
For next: 15132

Since: 25.6.02
From: Ottawa

Since last post: 731 days
Last activity: 344 days
#27 Posted on 17.11.02 2250.42
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2259.03
IT's just a T.V show right????

fuelinjected
Banger
Level: 97

Posts: 120/2679
EXP: 9096684
For next: 220674

Since: 12.10.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 3171 days
Last activity: 3171 days
#28 Posted on 17.11.02 2250.58
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2259.04
What I want from Big Show is to not be in the Main Events. That's all I want from him
CxMorgado
Boudin rouge
Level: 47

Posts: 111/498
EXP: 751043
For next: 15166

Since: 21.1.02
From: Boston MA is the rippen'ist town...

Since last post: 213 days
Last activity: 23 hours
#29 Posted on 17.11.02 2251.24
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2259.05

    Originally posted by Super Shane Spear
    Good God with gravy on top. I hope the Big Show retains this fucking title for the next ten years just to spite everybody. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?? He's been awesome since he's starting on Brock. Do you think Benoit would've taken those chairshots on Smackdown with his Frankenstein neck? Do you....you know what. I'm just going to fucking quit right now, but it's not worth me crippling my fingers to type to a brick wall.

    I hope you all quit watching WWE like you threaten to every time you don't like what's on TV. You be back. You bunch of fucking liars.

    Big Show 4 Life.


    (edited by Super Shane Spear on 17.11.02 2042)



You said it much better than I could have right now Shane. I mean, I try to be rational and only post when I have something worthwhile to say but reading the threads right now it's all I can do not to go apeshit on people. The Big Show has a good character right now, he sells like a mofo, he'll take stiff shots, and now he's got Paul to back him up on the mic. I don't care that he can't out wrestle Angle as long as he's entertaining, and he has been so whats the fucking problem?

And I will go on record as saying that the Smackdown World Champion Big Show is tons better than the Showster.
vsp
Andouille
Level: 87

Posts: 684/2042
EXP: 6248337
For next: 144462

Since: 3.1.02
From: Philly

Since last post: 2943 days
Last activity: 156 days
#30 Posted on 17.11.02 2254.22
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2259.08
I watched the show, and it was very up-and-down -- some good points, and some horrible decisions.

* Bubba/Spike/Jeff vs. 3 Minute Warning: About what I expected -- Spike and Jeff dying for our pleasure in a spotfest. The "C'mon, Jeff, goddammit" spot had the whole room howling with laughter, and D-Von ditching the priest getup and rebooting the Dudley Boyz was a nice moment.

* Kidman vs. Noble: Bleh. Kidman hasn't done anything to impress me in a long while, this match included. Nifty DDT variation in the corner, though...

* Victoria vs. Trish: I'll give them credit for some creative usage of common household objects, and for pulling off a decent "hardcore" match. Not great, not that good, sloppy in many places -- but watchable. Weird ending -- am I to understand that Victoria's finisher is a simple snap suplex, or were they covering for something else that was blown?

* Brock vs. Big Slug: The ending was blatantly telegraphed by Heyman's overacting in the prematch segment. BLATANTLY. That aside... while NOBODY wants to see a long Big Slow match, how the hell do they justify having their young formerly-undisputed champ -- the monster, the Next Big Thing, the guy who beat Rock and Hogan without much effort, the guy who outlasted Taker in a bloody HITC brawl -- cough up the belt in a FOUR MINUTE MATCH, barely into the nine-o-clock hour?

Lesnar had no problems moving around, throwing Show around or even executing the F5. No "I could probably lift him and hit my move if my ribs didn't hurt so much" selling was noted. He didn't even bite on the Ken Shamrock Memorial "Internal Bleeding" Blood Capsule after the match; just Lesnar throwing Show around, the epic betrayal, one chokeslam by Show and WHAM, new champ, who runs like a little girl with his new agent afterwards. Injury or no injury, that's ridiculous booking.

* No problem with the Guerreros winning the triple-threat, though the Benoit/Angle elimination made the crowd visibly sag.

* Woo hoo Big Poppa's in the house; holla if you're flipping channels. One appearance -- one f-bomb... yeah, that's the Steiner I remember. Please let them feed someone OTHER than Matt Hardy to this yoyo.

* I had some doubts as to who would win the Elimination Chamber match (would HHH lie down for his buddy twice in a row?)... but had NO doubt who the last two in the chamber would be. Lots of silliness along the way. (Hey, Kane -- remember that guy who dredged up your "past" and made your life a living hell last month, and who you never really punished adequately? He's in the cage with you, bleeding and easy prey. So why not go beat on Booker T for a while instead?)

Eh.

joecollins
Chorizo
Level: 28

Posts: 116/146
EXP: 119473
For next: 11867

Since: 2.1.02
From: Lititz, PA

Since last post: 3585 days
Last activity: 3585 days
AIM:  
#31 Posted on 17.11.02 2301.01
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2301.02
The Big Show has been fine in this big unstoppable moster role... but I think people are upset that they're choosing to book him as a big unstopable monster just out of nowhere is kind of dumb. All of a sudden we're supposed to view him as a threat when he's getting beaten by Jeff Hardy just two months ago? He's been fine in this role, it just should have been booked more carefully than the rush job they did.

And Shawn Michaels... yeah, I supposed it's great to give him a comeback win, but they DID THAT at Summerslam, and since they're hellbent on keeping two separate rotsers, they need to build up more stars on Raw than HHH and Michaels and if RVD or Booker T had won, that would have built them up to the "tippy-top guy" level. Instead we get more-of-the-same booking. Raw NEEDS another star, not a near-cripple as champion. Or Shawn Michaels.

They need to put the title on Booker T and let him run with the ball.
Hogan's My Dad
Andouille
Level: 87

Posts: 190/2075
EXP: 6290404
For next: 102395

Since: 8.6.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 4 hours
Last activity: 4 hours
#32 Posted on 17.11.02 2318.53
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2321.37
Perhaps a better question is what do YOU people want... Yes the "doesn't anyone have anything good to say" people. I think you're the goofiest people on this board. It's just a fact of life that saying the things we don't like makes for more interesting reading. Fuck's sake, when you read a movie review they always mention what they disliked as well as what they did. I liked the whole show and said it more than once, but when your champions are a cripple who won't work house shows, and a fat guy who even by fat guy standards looks bad, that's a pair of lame duck champions. I don't have the pretend to like that, ladies and germs, nor will I. No one can have ANY criticism of anything without being a WWE hater? Fuck that. It would idiotic for anyone not to point out that the Big Show is one of the worst wrestlers on the roster, is slow, gets winded easily, can't draw and never has, and has been made champion when the whole crowd was masturbating over Brock. Sure, Brock wouldn't have been up to his best with an injury over the next couple months...Who cares? It's the writers job to hide that. This is a multi-million dollar company, and they can't pay someone to keep heat on Brock Lesnar? I find that hard to swallow. And I am not going to hesitate to point that out.
Shawn won't do house shows. He's more than likely going to just job it back to his buddy Trips. Like it or not, those are bad decisions, and I said so and I am not apologizing for that, and it doesn't mean I don't love the WWE. It's the same as if a TV show I'm watching ends in a way that pisses me off...That means it was a crappy choice. Why should I bite my tongue just because this "board is too negative"? If this board was too positive we'd have nothing to talk about for chrissakes. What fun threads those would be..."I liked the show", next post: "i liked it too", third post: "i would also like to express my liking of the show, it was a good show i liked" 4th post: "the only thing I like more than the show is how much more I like myself after I think about how much i liked the show...which makes me like the show even more" 5th post: "i liked the show...and I like you....I WUV WIENERVILLE!" yeah. We'd all be "walking" then. The fuck away from here.
Jesus, it seems the only people here more uppity than the ppl who hate the shows, are the ppl who love them, or hate the ppl who hate the shows.
Well let me be the first person on here to say I LIKE DIFFERING OPINIONS. If this board isn't for intelligent debate (a regular discussion of disagreement between two matched sides), let me repeat that for the uninitiated, If this board isn't for intelligent DEBATE....Then i don't know what it's for. But if you don't like debate, if you don't like the validity of people expressing things that golly gee, gasp and red alert, they, AS FANS have an OPINION on, then do yourself a favour & leave.
I may be just another contributor here, but let me be the first to say I welcome everyone's opinions. Even if they didn't watch the show. Here's why: if someone hears something about the show that makes them NOT WANT TO WATCH IT, that's valid, because it means someone made a DUMB CHOICE in the WWE.
There is validity to every argument folks, let's not pretend anyone here is all that much more intelligent than anyone else...We're all pretty average, if you ask me.
And I never threatened to stop watching...so let's watch the potty mouth...you bunch of fucking monks...



CxMorgado
Boudin rouge
Level: 47

Posts: 113/498
EXP: 751043
For next: 15166

Since: 21.1.02
From: Boston MA is the rippen'ist town...

Since last post: 213 days
Last activity: 23 hours
#33 Posted on 17.11.02 2328.49
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2329.02
    Originally posted by Hogan's My Dad
    Perhaps a better question is what do YOU people want... Yes the "doesn't anyone have anything good to say" people. I think you're the goofiest people on this board. It's just a fact of life that saying the things we don't like makes for more interesting reading. Fuck's sake, when you read a movie review they always mention what they disliked as well as what they did. I liked the whole show and said it more than once, but when your champions are a cripple who won't work house shows, and a fat guy who even by fat guy standards looks bad, that's a pair of lame duck champions. I don't have the pretend to like that, ladies and germs, nor will I. No one can have ANY criticism of anything without being a WWE hater? Fuck that. It would idiotic for anyone not to point out that the Big Show is one of the worst wrestlers on the roster, is slow, gets winded easily, can't draw and never has, and has been made champion when the whole crowd was masturbating over Brock. Sure, Brock wouldn't have been up to his best with an injury over the next couple months...Who cares? It's the writers job to hide that. This is a multi-million dollar company, and they can't pay someone to keep heat on Brock Lesnar? I find that hard to swallow. And I am not going to hesitate to point that out.
    Shawn won't do house shows. He's more than likely going to just job it back to his buddy Trips. Like it or not, those are bad decisions, and I said so and I am not apologizing for that, and it doesn't mean I don't love the WWE. It's the same as if a TV show I'm watching ends in a way that pisses me off...That means it was a crappy choice. Why should I bite my tongue just because this "board is too negative"? If this board was too positive we'd have nothing to talk about for chrissakes. What fun threads those would be..."I liked the show", next post: "i liked it too", third post: "i would also like to express my liking of the show, it was a good show i liked" 4th post: "the only thing I like more than the show is how much more I like myself after I think about how much i liked the show...which makes me like the show even more" 5th post: "i liked the show...and I like you....I WUV WIENERVILLE!" yeah. We'd all be "walking" then. The fuck away from here.
    Jesus, it seems the only people here more uppity than the ppl who hate the shows, are the ppl who love them, or hate the ppl who hate the shows.
    Well let me be the first person on here to say I LIKE DIFFERING OPINIONS. If this board isn't for intelligent debate (a regular discussion of disagreement between two matched sides), let me repeat that for the uninitiated, If this board isn't for intelligent DEBATE....Then i don't know what it's for. But if you don't like debate, if you don't like the validity of people expressing things that golly gee, gasp and red alert, they, AS FANS have an OPINION on, then do yourself a favour & leave.
    I may be just another contributor here, but let me be the first to say I welcome everyone's opinions. Even if they didn't watch the show. Here's why: if someone hears something about the show that makes them NOT WANT TO WATCH IT, that's valid, because it means someone made a DUMB CHOICE in the WWE.
    There is validity to every argument folks, let's not pretend anyone here is all that much more intelligent than anyone else...We're all pretty average, if you ask me.
    And I never threatened to stop watching...so let's watch the potty mouth...you bunch of fucking monks...






I don't think the problem is people who have constructive critcisms and complaints bro, it's the people who didn't watch the ppv and start slamming it as a bad show (and I'm not talking about disagreeing with the results, I'm talking about trashing the show as a whole based on the results), and the people who have nothing to say except personal insults or non-funny wisecracks about the guys that go out and bust their ass to entertain them.

If you didn't like the booking, great, lets discuss it. You've shown you can do that, but plenty of other people haven't. I mean, seriously, there are people here who just refuse to take the armchair booker cap off of their heads for 3 hours once a month just to enjoy the matches on the PPV. And that's WRONG.

If people wanna discuss, great. If people wanna bash, they should fuck off.

And I love having an fn' potty mouth.



(edited by CxMorgado on 18.11.02 0032)
Joseph Ryder
Head cheese
Level: 40

Posts: 30/332
EXP: 406258
For next: 35055

Since: 19.3.02
From: Seattle, WA

Since last post: 1108 days
Last activity: 641 days
#34 Posted on 17.11.02 2357.57
Reposted on: 17.11.09 2357.57
I thought it would have been cool if they stayed with HBK's promo from the RAW before. When Jericho had HHH in the Walls, have HBK not allowing HHH to get to the ropes. Cause, you know, the only thing HBK cared about was HHH not winning the match. HHH would have no choice but to tap. Instead, he superkicked Jericho, breaking the hold.

Just thought it'd be cool...and different. HHH would be trying to grab the ropes. HBK would be there, kicking his hands away. Oh well.

And big ups to my boy Brock Lesnar for throwing Show around like that.
raygun
Chorizo
Level: 27

Posts: 15/142
EXP: 112029
For next: 4131

Since: 24.7.02
From: winnipeg

Since last post: 2941 days
Last activity: 486 days
#35 Posted on 18.11.02 0015.53
Reposted on: 18.11.09 0016.43
Damnit, I wrote a big spiel about the PPV, clicked "preview reply," then stupidly hit the "back" button to make a small change. Of course, I lost all my bloody text.

Here's the jist of what I had to say:

+ I thought the PPV was good. It was enjoyable, and it took my mind off the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' ridiculous performance in the CFL's Western Final.

+ The Big Show as WWE Champion isn't that bad. It helps build the feud and gives Brock a chance to chase the title while he completes the face turn.

+ The Elimination Chamber had this wicked aura about it, as WWE did a good job of making it seem like a "happening." Jericho busted his ass and is my MVP of the match.

+ Normally, I'm disgusted when a non-wrestler wins a federation's World Title. But to me, the Big Gold Belt doesn't mean spit. Michaels can take it back to San Antonio and keep the damn thing for all I care.
Ana Ng
Blutwurst
Level: 35

Posts: 89/253
EXP: 266021
For next: 13917

Since: 6.8.02
From: Naples, FL, USA

Since last post: 3746 days
Last activity: 3320 days
#36 Posted on 18.11.02 0055.27
Reposted on: 18.11.09 0057.19
Well, as someone who sat through the whole bleedin' show, and as someone who enjoys a lot of what the WWE has given me even this year (on the Smackdown side of things, especially), I would like to take this opportunity to say that Survivor Series sucked all kinds of ass. It was boring, boring, boring. Even the tag match wasn't nearly as good as the matches those six have been routinely serving up the last couple months. I do realize that Rey and Angle are hurt, but I was still expecting something more.. I don't know.. just something more.

The Elimination Chamber seemed to have a total of four spots, repeated over and over and over again. There weren't any spots that wowed me (as these cage-type match almost always have) and it was just so slow. It seemed like all of the guys were in slow motion.

Big Show is the champ. Meh. The F-5 was pretty damn cool, though. And it sure looked like it wasn't very difficult at all for Brocko. Impressive. But still, meh.

Ehhh, you know, I would go on, but I hate to bring all this negativity.

I will say this, it's good to have the Dudleys back.
raygun
Chorizo
Level: 27

Posts: 18/142
EXP: 112029
For next: 4131

Since: 24.7.02
From: winnipeg

Since last post: 2941 days
Last activity: 486 days
#37 Posted on 18.11.02 0057.51
Reposted on: 18.11.09 0058.08
    Originally posted by Ana Ng
    The Elimination Chamber seemed to have a total of four spots, repeated over and over and over again.



I agree with you on this. Many sloppy slingshots does not a good match make.

(edited by raygun on 18.11.02 0159)
DarrylTheHitman
Potato korv
Level: 53

Posts: 518/676
EXP: 1155836
For next: 1290

Since: 21.9.02
From: Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada

Since last post: 3189 days
Last activity: 2808 days
#38 Posted on 18.11.02 0118.02
Reposted on: 18.11.09 0120.30
I liked the PPV and thought it was pretty good. So at least 4 of the 5 Big PPVs were good this year. KOTR wasn't much to write home about as I remember. Only thing I would've liked is a traditional Survivor Series match but with the Tables Match, 3-Way Dance, and Elimination Chamber, I suppose I got my fill of survival.
CruelAngel777
Frankfurter
Level: 58

Posts: 47/813
EXP: 1553501
For next: 24054

Since: 7.4.02

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 19 hours
#39 Posted on 18.11.02 0136.23
Reposted on: 18.11.09 0136.27
All of you are Ger-animals.
DarrylTheHitman
Potato korv
Level: 53

Posts: 520/676
EXP: 1155836
For next: 1290

Since: 21.9.02
From: Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada

Since last post: 3189 days
Last activity: 2808 days
#40 Posted on 18.11.02 0202.38
Reposted on: 18.11.09 0202.50
So is that a good thing? *ponder*
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 NextThread ahead: What do you think of the Elimination Chamber?
Next thread: HHH and Nowinski
Previous thread: Maybe this is to make up for just giving HHH the Raw Championship
(7210 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: The Big Ol' Survivor Series Preview/Prediction Thread - (SPOILER) Survivor Series Main Event - Survivor Series Predictions - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Survivor Series: What the hell!?!?!?Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.53 seconds.