The W
Views: 100897466
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
27.11.07 0352
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Whoa, two matches already set for Raw...
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1 2 Next(1580 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (35 total)
PowerPB13
Potato korv
Level: 54

Posts: 89/679
EXP: 1199810
For next: 34067

Since: 25.4.02
From: Belleville, IL USA

Since last post: 7 days
Last activity: 7 days
AIM:  
#1 Posted on 7.11.02 2010.29
Reposted on: 7.11.09 2015.44
They haven't booked this far in advance since...what year is it again?

-Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Rob Van Dam & Kane - World Tag Team Titles
-Triple H vs. Booker T - Maybe Or Maybe Not For The WCW World International Gold Belt Title

-Patrick
Promote this thread!
fuelinjected
Banger
Level: 97

Posts: 68/2679
EXP: 9228303
For next: 89055

Since: 12.10.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 3297 days
Last activity: 3297 days
#2 Posted on 7.11.02 2116.42
Reposted on: 7.11.09 2116.52
Triple H has gotta get his win back, you know.
evilwaldo
Lap cheong
Level: 78

Posts: 824/1597
EXP: 4364036
For next: 18209

Since: 7.2.02
From: New York, NY

Since last post: 3442 days
Last activity: 3223 days
AIM:  
#3 Posted on 7.11.02 2122.36
Reposted on: 7.11.09 2126.03
It looks like another attempt to boost the ratings.

Try to get people talking about the show 4 days ahead of time.

StaggerLee
Scrapple
Level: 141

Posts: 195/6363
EXP: 33811316
For next: 308782

Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 11 hours
#4 Posted on 7.11.02 2213.45
Reposted on: 7.11.09 2216.32
well, its getting some people talking......
Underwater
Boerewors
Level: 41

Posts: 20/359
EXP: 453020
For next: 27129

Since: 5.10.02
From: Battle Creek, Michigan

Since last post: 3313 days
Last activity: 2962 days
#5 Posted on 7.11.02 2221.38
Reposted on: 7.11.09 2222.51
Hey alright! Booker jobbing on monday means I can continue to maintain the illusion that Booker could win the elimination chamber. Thank you HHH! Thank you WWE!
joecollins
Chorizo
Level: 28

Posts: 92/146
EXP: 121096
For next: 10244

Since: 2.1.02
From: Lititz, PA

Since last post: 3710 days
Last activity: 3710 days
AIM:  
#6 Posted on 7.11.02 2306.15
Reposted on: 7.11.09 2306.51
Since they want controversy, I've had this idea... why don't they have HHH beat Booker T and have some subtle innuendo that the WWE doesn't want Booker to win the belt b/c he is black? Maybe even have HHH say something like "A boy like you will never get my belt." I mean, it would have to be done just so, HHH would have to be allowed almost no offense so the fans get the satisfaction of seeing Booker beating the crap out of HHH. This would put a lot of heat on the rematch that could simmer until WMIXX, drum up some main stream pub - but again the WWE would have to do things just right and tell the story in such a way that says, "We're not racist, but we using the race of Booker T to show that racism is wrong." It would be like when a movie is made about racism in the 60s South, the actors who play the good ol' boys don't believe in salvery, but have a story to tell and by acting like racists show how wrong racism is.

It would lead to a huge payoff with Booker winning the belt for all the right reasons and everyone would feel good cheering Booker on. But they'd be truly booking themselves in a corner because if HHH got cold feet about doing the job, it would RUIN EVERYTHING in an exceptionally tragic way.

Any thoughts?
Shem the Penman
Toulouse
Level: 71

Posts: 174/1267
EXP: 3091083
For next: 76046

Since: 16.1.02
From: The Off-Center of the Universe (aka Philadelphia)

Since last post: 298 days
Last activity: 97 days
#7 Posted on 7.11.02 2316.53
Reposted on: 7.11.09 2316.56
Sorry, but NWA-TNA already beat you there in their first few shows (except in their version, it was the black guy who was the racist). And there's no way in hell WWE could possibly handle such an explosive subject with anything close to delicacy or good taste.

Topic ... a RVD/Kane team? What happened to the Hurricane?


Ringmistress
Lap cheong
Level: 78

Posts: 461/1597
EXP: 4374565
For next: 7680

Since: 15.1.02
From: Philly

Since last post: 2710 days
Last activity: 2709 days
#8 Posted on 8.11.02 0938.17
Reposted on: 8.11.09 0939.09
Man, I won't even say it, but at least SOME of us are excited about this RAW...

Ringmistress
redsoxnation
Scrapple
Level: 152

Posts: 842/7534
EXP: 43910433
For next: 391329

Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 514 days
Last activity: 514 days
#9 Posted on 8.11.02 0941.37
Reposted on: 8.11.09 0945.43

    Originally posted by joecollins
    Since they want controversy, I've had this idea... why don't they have HHH beat Booker T and have some subtle innuendo that the WWE doesn't want Booker to win the belt b/c he is black? Maybe even have HHH say something like "A boy like you will never get my belt." I mean, it would have to be done just so, HHH would have to be allowed almost no offense so the fans get the satisfaction of seeing Booker beating the crap out of HHH. This would put a lot of heat on the rematch that could simmer until WMIXX, drum up some main stream pub - but again the WWE would have to do things just right and tell the story in such a way that says, "We're not racist, but we using the race of Booker T to show that racism is wrong." It would be like when a movie is made about racism in the 60s South, the actors who play the good ol' boys don't believe in salvery, but have a story to tell and by acting like racists show how wrong racism is.

    It would lead to a huge payoff with Booker winning the belt for all the right reasons and everyone would feel good cheering Booker on. But they'd be truly booking themselves in a corner because if HHH got cold feet about doing the job, it would RUIN EVERYTHING in an exceptionally tragic way.

    Any thoughts?






Doesn't the Flex Kavana Title Reigns slightly weaken the argument?
Quezzy
Knackwurst
Level: 107

Posts: 692/3269
EXP: 12823651
For next: 267702

Since: 6.1.02
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 16 hours
Last activity: 16 hours
#10 Posted on 8.11.02 1013.30
Reposted on: 8.11.09 1014.52

    Originally posted by PowerPB13
    They haven't booked this far in advance since...what year is it again?

    -Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Rob Van Dam & Kane - World Tag Team Titles
    -Triple H vs. Booker T - Maybe Or Maybe Not For The WCW World International Gold Belt Title

    -Patrick



Great, so they brought the Hurrican over from Smackdown to have like 2 or 3 matches with Kane? And he doesn't even get a singles match against HHH out of the partnership. So what does he do now? Become Spike's 134th tag team partner?
DirtyMikeSeaver
Boudin rouge
Level: 48

Posts: 63/506
EXP: 769848
For next: 53700

Since: 19.5.02
From: Toronto

Since last post: 64 days
Last activity: 64 days
#11 Posted on 8.11.02 1913.34
Reposted on: 8.11.09 1914.18
Well, this match tells me one thing for sure. Steiner's coming to RAW. This was, realistically, the only real money match that they had, unless there's a trade, and they are giving it to us now. I'm guessing that the winter program is going to be HHH vs. Steiner, and while I'm not sure having a half-cripple with a bad quad and a failing act go up against a full-cripple who's never been a draw is the best way to go to boost business, I'm not the millionaire here.

That all said, this is the first time I've actually been looking forward to a match from the RAW brand. To often, people talk about the Smackdown matches (with good reason) and don't even remember what the hell happen on RAW, match-wise. The last decent match on there was the TLC and that was eons ago. This is the first time in a while the RAW brand can claim to have a real good main event, if worked well. HHH and Booker are stale characters right now and going in cold, so that's why I hope they spend most of the night hyping up this match and building it into something special (they won't). As for the match itself, it doesn't matter who wins. Actually, that's wrong. Triple H should win. In the past month, he's humped a corpse, been thrown in a trunk and a casket, and been outmanuvered by a cripple (a lot of those going around the WWE....) As much as I don't like the guy, he is the champ and you have to make him look strong, so when someone does take the title off him (cleanly), it means something. What's most important with this match is that it has good heat and it goes on for a good length of time (13-15 minutes). Booker has to come out looking like a credible challenger down the line and there's an easy way to do that: let him kick out of the Pedigree. Make Hunter win, but make it 2 Pedigrees to put Booker out. Actually, you could have HHH and Flair take out Booker after the match and force him to sit out Survivor Series, putting more heat on Hunter, setting up a reason for a feud and giving you a main event for the December PPV, but that's not going to happen.
InVerse
Bierwurst
Level: 84

Posts: 251/1889
EXP: 5492429
For next: 169547

Since: 26.8.02

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 12 hours
#12 Posted on 8.11.02 1942.40
Reposted on: 8.11.09 1944.02

    Originally posted by redsoxnation
    Doesn't the Flex Kavana Title Reigns slightly weaken the argument?


Except the average person looks at Rocky and has no idea what race he is. A friend of mine read that they were courting him for the role of Duke Nukem and that convinced him that Rocky was just a really tan white guy. But they already did the racism/champion angle when Farooq had his title shot against The Undertaker. I still say Ron Simmons should be an advisor to Booker T, though. It makes sense that the first black WCW champion would be interested in the future of the last (and only other) black WCW champion.
fuelinjected
Banger
Level: 97

Posts: 71/2679
EXP: 9228303
For next: 89055

Since: 12.10.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 3297 days
Last activity: 3297 days
#13 Posted on 8.11.02 2013.21
Reposted on: 8.11.09 2014.55
I say Booker T wins and Triple H beats all five guys at Survivor Series to regain the title.
asteroidboy
Andouille
Level: 91

Posts: 521/2241
EXP: 7266426
For next: 202515

Since: 22.1.02
From: Texas

Since last post: 1464 days
Last activity: 372 days
#14 Posted on 8.11.02 2018.43
Reposted on: 8.11.09 2023.48
Racism angles don't work because a sizeable number of the marks don't want to feel bad about being racists.
Ringmistress
Lap cheong
Level: 78

Posts: 471/1597
EXP: 4374565
For next: 7680

Since: 15.1.02
From: Philly

Since last post: 2710 days
Last activity: 2709 days
#15 Posted on 8.11.02 2026.45
Reposted on: 8.11.09 2028.17
Excuse me, but can't we all forget about the jobbing and the cripples for a second here? I think that if a prolonged feud between HHH and Booker T is in the offing, wouldn't it be something fresh? That promo Booker laid on Hunter was great, and it would be fun to see them in a feud.

Ringmistress
cranlsn
Liverwurst
Level: 69

Posts: 163/1208
EXP: 2859070
For next: 10688

Since: 18.3.02
From: Sussex, WI

Since last post: 22 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#16 Posted on 8.11.02 2133.02
Reposted on: 8.11.09 2134.48
    Originally posted by Ringmistress
    Excuse me, but can't we all forget about the jobbing and the cripples for a second here? I think that if a prolonged feud between HHH and Booker T is in the offing, wouldn't it be something fresh? That promo Booker laid on Hunter was great, and it would be fun to see them in a feud.

    Ringmistress



Provided that the matches are good, I'd be all for this, being a Booker mark and all.

If the matches end up being plodding, like a lot of HHH's recent outings, it could kill any push that Booker's getting. I'll reserve judgement for Monday.

(edited by cranlsn on 8.11.02 2133)
The Tino Standard
Bauerwurst
Level: 24

Posts: 89/106
EXP: 74909
For next: 3217

Since: 2.1.02
From: Ohio University (originally hailing from Concord, OH)

Since last post: 4061 days
Last activity: 3972 days
#17 Posted on 8.11.02 2354.01
Reposted on: 8.11.09 2354.02
I believe they tried a racism angle with the Undertaker-Faarooq main event in either May or June 1997 for the WWF title. That backfired horribly. I don't see that card getting played again anytime soon.
Hogan's My Dad
Andouille
Level: 88

Posts: 165/2093
EXP: 6462046
For next: 188644

Since: 8.6.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 18 hours
Last activity: 15 hours
#18 Posted on 9.11.02 0017.38
Reposted on: 9.11.09 0019.41
Joecollins- I think a racism angle can be done very well, but not now, and not in WWE. Do they really need to do it the same year they've done HLA, a Gay Wedding, and necrophilia? Even if done very well, it would smack of desperation. That being said, Gerwitz, a Jew, and Stephanie, an Irish girl who never had to earn a dime in her life, do not know enough about the struggles of the Black Man, I dare say, to tastefully write it. You know there'd be a burning cross outside Book's door, and a trail of watermelon seeds leading to the ring before they could get this right. These people don't know subtle.
cranlsn
Liverwurst
Level: 69

Posts: 168/1208
EXP: 2859070
For next: 10688

Since: 18.3.02
From: Sussex, WI

Since last post: 22 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#19 Posted on 9.11.02 0025.41
Reposted on: 9.11.09 0029.02

    Originally posted by Hogan's My Dad
    Joecollins- I think a racism angle can be done very well, but not now, and not in WWE. Do they really need to do it the same year they've done HLA, a Gay Wedding, and necrophilia? Even if done very well, it would smack of desperation. That being said, Gerwitz, a Jew, and Stephanie, an Irish girl who never had to earn a dime in her life, do not know enough about the struggles of the Black Man, I dare say, to tastefully write it. You know there'd be a burning cross outside Book's door, and a trail of watermelon seeds leading to the ring before they could get this right. These people don't know subtle.


And Vince would defend it by saying they were trying to emulate the stories on "Judging Amy".

Agreed...they should stay away from any storyline that requires even a smidgen of subtlety.
Hogan's My Dad
Andouille
Level: 88

Posts: 167/2093
EXP: 6462046
For next: 188644

Since: 8.6.02
From: Canada

Since last post: 18 hours
Last activity: 15 hours
#20 Posted on 9.11.02 0027.14
Reposted on: 9.11.09 0029.04
Cranlsn, you've admitted on a wrestling message board you watching "Judging Amy". You're a braver person than I.
Pages: 1 2 NextThread ahead: Jushin Thunder Liger returns to the US!
Next thread: RAW 9/5/05
Previous thread: OVW, I hope Vince leaves Heyman there
(1580 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Whoa, two matches already set for Raw...Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.352 seconds.