Since last post: 1525 days Last activity: 1525 days
#1 Posted on 5.11.02 2100.37 Reposted on: 5.11.09 2101.18
1. Don't Drink the Water - Same thing we've heard on the last TWO live albums, but not quite as good.
2. JTR - Woefully slow. Add the "Lovely Ladies," and dear God make it stop.
3. When the World Ends - Good stuff. One of the few Everyday songs worth its weight in anything.
4. So Right - Nice little song, but the instruments sound horribly muted on the album. Ending was better than the bulk of the song.
5. Big Eyed Fish - I miss the Lillywhite version. Putting the title verse first completely ruins climax of the song. Still good, just not as. Although, if he'd said "stay up in your fuckin' tree" on Busted Stuff, it would've been ten million times better.
6. Bartender - Yay! Bartender! Pretty damn good. Much better than it looked to be on the DVD preview at came with Busted Stuff. Did I hear LeRoi play "If I Only Had a Brain" during the outro?
7. What You Are - Very dark song for the band. Was decent to good on Everyday and is an absolute joy live.
8. Crash Into Me - Eh...it's Crash. Nothing new.
9. Everyday - Well, seeing as how I've always hated #36, on which the song is based, I can't say it isn't an improvement. Intro was pretty swank, but then we get Ladies, and the cringing follows.
#36 (Sort of) - I'd heard they did this but hadn't heard it until now. Pretty swank considering #36 is evil and should not be liked. By anyone.
Everyday (Reprise - Sort Of) - And back we go.
10. I Did It - NO. At least it sounds better live than it used to. OH GOD THE LOVELY LADIES AGAIN. *gunshot*
11. If I Had It All - Loved by obsessive DMB fans at first and now generally hated. I still happen to like it for personal reasons. Sounds pretty good live. And the Ladies ruin it. WONDERFUL.
1. Angel - Eww. Four in a row on the damn Ladies. MAKE THE HURTING STOP.
2. Warehouse - You know you love it.
3. Recently - Hmm... OLD SONG. And yes, you motherfucking love it. And, of course, the intros are always great. Some Do/Some Don't is the choice here, reminiscent of Live at Red Rocks.
4. Digging a Ditch - Always a nice little song. "Thank you, Dave!"
5. What Would You Say - Good version. Always fun.
6. All Along the Watchtower - On every single Dave Matthews Band live album. For the first time, not the closer. Good thing? Of course!
7. The Space Between - Eh. Sooooo overplayed.
8. Stay (Wasting Time) - 20 million times better without the "Lovely Ladies." SEE: Live in Chicago.
9. Two Step - Another old song. You know you love it. Disc Two is really awesome if you just don't listen to track 1 and stomach 7 and 8.
10. Ants Marching - Favorite closer of many. This offering does not disappoint
Not the best work of the band, but nothing to scoff completely at. Disc Two is easily the superior half of the show.
Since last post: 3484 days Last activity: 3092 days
#4 Posted on 7.11.02 0807.56 Reposted on: 7.11.09 0810.41
I agree with Luther College, but I would also suggest Live at Red Rocks. Listener Supported is good, too. It's just a setlist preference with Red Rocks. Listener Supported is also available on DVD, which is a nice bonus.