Since last post: 2402 days Last activity: 717 days
#3 Posted on 3.10.02 2030.12 Reposted on: 3.10.09 2033.49
It's all true. Going to a game with my girlfriend has become an exercise in torture. The crap she says just kills me. All I can do is shake my head and thank God I didn't take her to Fenway with me last year.
#4 Posted on 4.10.02 0110.08 Reposted on: 4.10.09 0114.10
1) No "PDA" - what a cute acronym. Spell it out as "Public Displays of Affection", Bill - or does the word "Affection" make you blush? At first, I thought he had problems with women pulling out PalmPilots in the middle of the game.
2) I've never asked that in my life.
3) No one criticizes my calls in the middle of "ER" or "Smallville", and I won't criticize anyone's calls in the middle of football games.
4) Women like long-term relationships - with cars, with men, with TV shows. Men should have figured this out by now. That's why we don't like "channel flippers".
5) We try, but sometimes even *we* can't laugh at a dud of a joke.
6) Since I've participated in football pools, I can't criticize anyone else for gambling on football. Also, given some of the "ideal fed" threads I've participated in, I can't criticize fantasy football either.
7) Cooking? Not a problem - I make a great seafood dip.
8) Also not a problem - but you'll probably have to wait for me to use the restroom first (that's probably why I'm getting up).
9) This is Wisconsin - everyone at least knows their way around the NFC North, regardless of age, sex, or creed.
10) If someone - man or woman - uttered a statement as brain-dead as this in Wisconsin, the waves of absolute derision would cut that imbecile to ribbons.
#5 Posted on 4.10.02 0213.20 Reposted on: 4.10.09 0215.05
I've got to agree with Bill on #4, the point about the channel surfing. Being that I manage some 13 fantasy football teams, and thus of course have the NFL Sunday Ticket package, I have developed an innate sense of timing as to when it's time to flip from game to game and how long to stay on any given game. If you're just watching to see your favorite team play that's one thing, but when you're watching ALL the games, you can't be tarrying too long on any one game.
And as for the last point...yeah, I'd be begging her for marriage too I've had girlfriends who I got way into baseball, but never a football lady. Though I did get one who was from abroad to understand how important it is for Chicago residents to hate the evil Packers.
#8 Posted on 4.10.02 1446.34 Reposted on: 4.10.09 1446.55
To be fair to my wife - she had never been to anything but her high school's football games when we met - over the past 10 years she had sat in Mile High Stadium in single digit weather, been verbally abused at Arrowhead Stadium, sat in the Yale Bowl during a deluge and hasn't complained at all when I have flown off to places like Miami & San Diego to see a game. She takes our kids away for the whole day on Super Bowl Sunday and she was very upset when Terrell Davis retired earlier this year. I am very lucky.
Then again, I have watch The Christopher Lowell Show and Designer's Challenge whenever she gets a hold of the remote - guess it's a fair trade.