The W
Views: 101440109
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
19.12.07 0957
The 7 - Basketball - New Orleans Hornets new logo/Uni's
This thread has 6 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2(998 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (36 total)
Guru Zim
SQL Dejection
Administrator
Level: 139

Posts: 1045/6034
EXP: 32330124
For next: 137403

Since: 9.12.01
From: Bay City, OR

Since last post: 8 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#21 Posted on 22.8.02 1834.59
Reposted on: 22.8.09 1837.16
I think I speak for all of San Diego when I say:

"...and stay out."
DJ FrostyFreeze
Knackwurst
Level: 109

Posts: 546/3394
EXP: 13604450
For next: 355240

Since: 2.1.02
From: Hawthorne, CA

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 12 hours
#22 Posted on 22.8.02 1915.41
Reposted on: 22.8.09 1927.00
C'mon, Guru. So if the Clippers came to SD, you wouldnt go watch them?
Guru Zim
SQL Dejection
Administrator
Level: 139

Posts: 1049/6034
EXP: 32330124
For next: 137403

Since: 9.12.01
From: Bay City, OR

Since last post: 8 hours
Last activity: 8 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#23 Posted on 22.8.02 1921.22
Reposted on: 22.8.09 1928.30
I didn't go watch Master P* play for our local team.

Are you telling me the Clips have a more compelling reason to go watch than Master P?

//edit: *some rapper who was probably Master P, but might have been someoene else. He bought the whole team shoes. I wasn't impressed enough to care.

(edited by Guru Zim on 22.8.02 1722)
DJ FrostyFreeze
Knackwurst
Level: 109

Posts: 547/3394
EXP: 13604450
For next: 355240

Since: 2.1.02
From: Hawthorne, CA

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 12 hours
#24 Posted on 22.8.02 1933.41
Reposted on: 22.8.09 1937.25
Yeah, I guess you're right. I just figured going to see the Clippers (and opposing teams) would be better than nothing.
Grimis
Scrapple
Level: 124

Posts: 211/4700
EXP: 21720528
For next: 116134

Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 1326 days
Last activity: 1123 days
#25 Posted on 23.8.02 0714.59
Reposted on: 23.8.09 0718.19

    Originally posted by Guru Zim
    I didn't go watch Master P* play for our local team.

    Are you telling me the Clips have a more compelling reason to go watch than Master P?

    //edit: *some rapper who was probably Master P, but might have been someoene else. He bought the whole team shoes. I wasn't impressed enough to care.

    (edited by Guru Zim on 22.8.02 1722)



Clips actually could be a pretty good team this year and for years to come. They just need to get the hell out of LA. I agree, they would've had a better shot if they had moved to Anaheim, but now they should just bail for San Diego, Charlotte, Louisville, anywhere but playing 5th fiddle to the Dodgers, Lakers, UCLA and USC...
Tom Dean
Bockwurst
Level: 50

Posts: 412/573
EXP: 919537
For next: 27787

Since: 30.8.02
From: New York, NY

Since last post: 3363 days
Last activity: 2732 days
AIM:  
#26 Posted on 23.8.02 1058.45
Reposted on: 23.8.09 1059.02
Hell yeah, I would be surprised if they don't make the playoffs this year. Probably out in the first round due to their inexperience, but I still would not want to face them with all of their frontline talent. A top three of Andre Miller, Lamar Odom, and Elton Brand, and some more decent guys (Olowokandi more likely than not, Quentin Richardson, Corey Maggette, Keyon Dooling, Chris Wilcox, Melvin Ely)? That's a nice team.
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 131

Posts: 809/5236
EXP: 26067820
For next: 356870

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 17 hours
Last activity: 17 hours
#27 Posted on 24.8.02 0600.22
Reposted on: 24.8.09 0629.01

    Originally posted by Grimis

      Originally posted by evilwaldo
      There really should be a rule about having to change names if you change cities. Like when the Browns moved to Baltimore and the Oilers moved to Tennessee. If you are going to make a new start in a new city and have new uniforms why not change the name and logo to something that identifies with that city.


    *cough*Baltimore Colts*cough*



*cough*Dallas Texans*cough*
Grimis
Scrapple
Level: 124

Posts: 224/4700
EXP: 21720528
For next: 116134

Since: 11.7.02
From: MD

Since last post: 1326 days
Last activity: 1123 days
#28 Posted on 26.8.02 0828.21
Reposted on: 26.8.09 0829.01

    Originally posted by rikidozan

      Originally posted by Grimis

        Originally posted by evilwaldo
        There really should be a rule about having to change names if you change cities. Like when the Browns moved to Baltimore and the Oilers moved to Tennessee. If you are going to make a new start in a new city and have new uniforms why not change the name and logo to something that identifies with that city.


      *cough*Baltimore Colts*cough*



    *cough*Dallas Texans*cough*



Are we talking about the 1952 former New York Yanks Dallas Texans that became the Colts, the AFL Dallas Colts who became the Kansas City Chiefs, or the ARena league Dallas Texas...oh hell we've already gone over this in another thread...
Jubuki
Kolbasz
Level: 47

Posts: 201/482
EXP: 712931
For next: 53278

Since: 16.7.02

Since last post: 4449 days
Last activity: 4433 days
#29 Posted on 27.8.02 1716.30
Reposted on: 27.8.09 1729.04
I would go see the Clippers.

If I got in free.

And I could sit with the cheerleaders.

Otherwise I wouldn't go.
Swordsman Yen
Frankfurter
Level: 56

Posts: 317/745
EXP: 1392373
For next: 5812

Since: 16.2.02
From: Shaolin

Since last post: 3994 days
Last activity: 3977 days
#30 Posted on 27.8.02 2359.25
Reposted on: 28.8.09 0004.32
Now why would anybody want to pay money to see a team named after a hair care device? ;)
WyldeWolf1
Boerewors
Level: 41

Posts: 303/361
EXP: 463428
For next: 16721

Since: 20.6.02
From: Florida

Since last post: 4489 days
Last activity: 4488 days
#31 Posted on 28.8.02 0840.50
Reposted on: 28.8.09 0841.07
    Originally posted by Grimis


    Clips actually could be a pretty good team this year and for years to come. They just need to get the hell out of LA. I agree, they would've had a better shot if they had moved to Anaheim, but now they should just bail for San Diego, Charlotte, Louisville, anywhere but playing 5th fiddle to the Dodgers, Lakers, UCLA and USC...



Think twice before putting a pro basketball team in Louisville (or anywhere else in Kentucky). As a KY native, I can tell you that no one tolerates anything less than a champion. Hell, Rick Pitino said he couldn't enjoy winning his first NCAA championship because he was too busy being relieved that he could keep his job. Then, he became Satan incarnate. Go 'Cats!

(edited by WyldeWolf1 on 28.8.02 0941)
CajunMan
Boudin blanc
No longer registered
Level: 95

Posts: 728/2483
EXP: 8512567
For next: 156071

Since: 2.1.02
From: Give me a Title shot!

Since last post: 1156 days
Last activity: 293 days
#32 Posted on 29.8.02 1449.48
Reposted on: 29.8.09 1452.49
This was supppose to be about the Hornets new uniforms/logo. Yes Master P.(Percy Miller) did try out for the formally Charlotte Hornets in 2000, he was cut in the preseason.

(edited by CajunMan on 29.8.02 1452)
WyldeWolf1
Boerewors
Level: 41

Posts: 324/361
EXP: 463428
For next: 16721

Since: 20.6.02
From: Florida

Since last post: 4489 days
Last activity: 4488 days
#33 Posted on 30.8.02 0821.09
Reposted on: 30.8.09 0829.03
Geez, CajunMan...you've posted 729 times and still expect threads to stay on subject? You're some lofty-minded idealist, I'll bet!
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 214

Posts: 1210/16399
EXP: 144851849
For next: 873571

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 19 hours
Last activity: 7 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#34 Posted on 30.8.02 1717.16
Reposted on: 30.8.09 1718.39

    Originally posted by WyldeWolf1
    Geez, CajunMan...you've posted 729 times and still expect threads to stay on subject? You're some lofty-minded idealist, I'll bet!
You're setting a hell of an example for him.
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 131

Posts: 847/5236
EXP: 26067820
For next: 356870

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 17 hours
Last activity: 17 hours
#35 Posted on 31.8.02 0236.41
Reposted on: 31.8.09 0239.22
i don't know if it wasn't mentioned before, but the offical hornets page is http://www.nba.com/hornets/

when i went to the link in the first post, they had a note saying they were a fan site...

i don't know if it's all that important, just an FYI.
CajunMan
Boudin blanc
No longer registered
Level: 95

Posts: 740/2483
EXP: 8512567
For next: 156071

Since: 2.1.02
From: Give me a Title shot!

Since last post: 1156 days
Last activity: 293 days
#36 Posted on 2.9.02 1352.09
Reposted on: 2.9.09 1359.05

    Originally posted by rikidozan
    i don't know if it wasn't mentioned before, but the offical hornets page is http://www.nba.com/hornets/

    when i went to the link in the first post, they had a note saying they were a fan site...

    i don't know if it's all that important, just an FYI.



Your the Man! Actually www.hornets.com will direct you to the nba page as well (easier), and yes that is a inside scoop fan page I gave out rather than the official site.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: Prev 1 2Thread ahead: Team USA has a nightmare
Next thread: A quick, informal poll concerning the WNBA...
Previous thread: Kings get Bibby for seven more years
(998 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Baron Davis re-signs - New Orleans Hornets Update..... - HORNETS MOVING TO NEW ORLEANS? - More...
The 7 - Basketball - New Orleans Hornets new logo/Uni'sRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.215 seconds.