The W
Views: 98330755
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
21.8.07 1314
The 7 - Random - Dragonball Z Marathon this Friday! Register and log in to post!
(3282 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (17 total)
Ender
Blutwurst
Level: 35

Posts: 60/256
EXP: 278227
For next: 1711

Since: 2.1.02

Since last post: 3902 days
Last activity: 1831 days
#1 Posted on 28.7.02 2158.55
Reposted on: 28.7.09 2159.05
For all those closet Dragonball Z fans out there, I felt it was my duty to inform you all that YTV will start showing Dragonball Z movies starting from 8:00 PM this Friday (Augest 2nd). The movies playing will be 'Dead Zone', 'The World's Strongest', 'The Tree of Might', 'Bardock: The Father of Goku', 'The History Of Trunks', and 'Lord Slug'.

As lame and as slow as Dragonball Z is, I still plan on getting together with a fellow Dragonball mark, and staying up all night witnessing the epic battles that NEVER GO ANYWHERE!!!

... Maybe one day they'll do a really good Anime Marathon where they show shows like... Fruits Basket... and Gravitation... *Laughs* Not bloody likely in this country though.

Oh well. It should be fun!!!
Promote this thread!
Jaguar
Knackwurst
Level: 107

Posts: 666/3273
EXP: 12689951
For next: 401402

Since: 23.1.02
From: Phoenix, AZ

Since last post: 136 days
Last activity: 136 days
#2 Posted on 28.7.02 2343.02
Reposted on: 28.7.09 2353.19
YTV?

-Jag
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 130

Posts: 681/5199
EXP: 25463253
For next: 267393

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 13 min.
#3 Posted on 29.7.02 0020.12
Reposted on: 29.7.09 0025.18
must be a canadia thing
J. Kyle
Boudin blanc
Level: 93

Posts: 341/2389
EXP: 7888461
For next: 164379

Since: 21.2.02
From: The Land of Aloha

Since last post: 18 days
Last activity: 8 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on 29.7.02 0134.46
Reposted on: 29.7.09 0136.39
YTV is a canadian network, best known to me as the company responsible for the awesomeness that was "The Odyssey" and is "Reboot".
WyldeWolf1
Boerewors
Level: 41

Posts: 191/361
EXP: 457302
For next: 22847

Since: 20.6.02
From: Florida

Since last post: 4369 days
Last activity: 4368 days
#5 Posted on 29.7.02 0436.33
Reposted on: 29.7.09 0445.30

    Originally posted by AngryJohnny
    YTV is a canadian network, best known to me as the company responsible for the awesomeness that was "The Odyssey" and is "Reboot".


Youch...Reboot looked pretty cruddy to me.

One day I'm going to edit all of the DZ battles so they flow continuously. I should get a good twenty minutes of action, don't you think?
RockyRulez
Weisswurst
Level: 11

Posts: 10/17
EXP: 4658
For next: 1328

Since: 18.7.02

Since last post: 4374 days
Last activity: 4295 days
#6 Posted on 30.7.02 0305.04
Reposted on: 30.7.09 0309.25
This is the first, and only time I have ever wished I was in Canada. Sounds cool. Though each DBZ fight takes a little over a decade, it's still a guilty pleasure of mine. Just don't tell anyone.
J. Kyle
Boudin blanc
Level: 93

Posts: 352/2389
EXP: 7888461
For next: 164379

Since: 21.2.02
From: The Land of Aloha

Since last post: 18 days
Last activity: 8 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#7 Posted on 30.7.02 0355.19
Reposted on: 30.7.09 0359.02

    Originally posted by WyldeWolf1
    Youch...Reboot looked pretty cruddy to me.
I discounted it for years (off of looks alone) but when I actually watched it, it amazed the hell out of me. The first two seasons are kinda kiddy with only a few sprinkles of mature humour but once season 3 kicked in it really becomes must see TV.
Dahak
Frankfurter
Level: 57

Posts: 147/772
EXP: 1436350
For next: 49587

Since: 12.5.02
From: Junction City OR.

Since last post: 1963 days
Last activity: 1616 days
#8 Posted on 30.7.02 2146.42
Reposted on: 30.7.09 2159.07
While I like DBZ the battles do drag. Basicly they always go like this. Goku faces the main bad guy after like 15 episodes. Goku gets his butt kicked at first for 1 episode. Goku remembers he is fighting to protect all live ever in the entire universe so he kicks ass for 1 episode. Then the bad guy moves up to some new level. Then Goku eventually reaches level 43 Super Seian (sorry if I spelled it wrong) then kicks butt. Unless he dies and Gohan finishes him off. Oh and there is a shitload of staring in the middle.
Zeruel
Thirty Millionth Hit
Moderator
Level: 130

Posts: 714/5199
EXP: 25463253
For next: 267393

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Silver Spring in the Land of Mary.

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 13 min.
#9 Posted on 31.7.02 0018.25
Reposted on: 31.7.09 0024.06
hell, most of the battles span 5-6 tapes, and they hold what, 3 or 4 shows each?

that's too many for 1 fight.
Jakegnosis
Morcilla
Level: 53

Posts: 50/645
EXP: 1087650
For next: 69476

Since: 26.7.02
From: Maine

Since last post: 2798 days
Last activity: 2782 days
#10 Posted on 31.7.02 0244.06
Reposted on: 31.7.09 0248.20
Yes, DBZ sucks, but I still watch it. The entire 23467 hour series could probably be bioled down to 3-4 hours, but what the hell. It's the only thing on at one in the morning here, and about 1 out of every ten episaodes is really cool. It's like McDonald's food- really terrible but occasionally irresistable.
Dahak
Frankfurter
Level: 57

Posts: 148/772
EXP: 1436350
For next: 49587

Since: 12.5.02
From: Junction City OR.

Since last post: 1963 days
Last activity: 1616 days
#11 Posted on 31.7.02 0755.52
Reposted on: 31.7.09 0759.01
The Goku vs. Cell fight is eternal. Cell beats up Goku. Goku remembers or figures out some new power. Cell moves up to a new level. Repeat 3 times.
But that being said DBZ is a good show. The characters are suprisingly deep for a cartoon. Oh and sorry if I butcher the spelling. Krillin is only a coward with Goku there. Otherwise he pretty much fearless. Vegeta is completely jealous of Goku and even after 13 years never calls him Goku it's only Kackorot. Vegeta doesn't really treat Gohan all that bad even though Gohan did as much to defeat Vegeta and is as powerful as his Dad. #18 is an ice cold bitch who only wants money. Frieza the universes most dangerous midget homosexual. Master Roshi a complete perv with a really weird ass training system. And Hercuel always cracks me up with his blow hard antics, cowardice, and lying while he still deep down inside thinks he is the greatest ever.
Scott Summets
Sujuk
Level: 64

Posts: 204/1008
EXP: 2132050
For next: 82059

Since: 27.6.02

Since last post: 3842 days
Last activity: 3811 days
#12 Posted on 31.7.02 0903.47
Reposted on: 31.7.09 0904.14

    Originally posted by Dahak
    The Goku vs. Cell fight is eternal. Cell beats up Goku. Goku remembers or figures out some new power. Cell moves up to a new level. Repeat 3 times.
    But that being said DBZ is a good show. The characters are suprisingly deep for a cartoon. Oh and sorry if I butcher the spelling. Krillin is only a coward with Goku there. Otherwise he pretty much fearless. Vegeta is completely jealous of Goku and even after 13 years never calls him Goku it's only Kackorot. Vegeta doesn't really treat Gohan all that bad even though Gohan did as much to defeat Vegeta and is as powerful as his Dad. #18 is an ice cold bitch who only wants money. Frieza the universes most dangerous midget homosexual. Master Roshi a complete perv with a really weird ass training system. And Hercuel always cracks me up with his blow hard antics, cowardice, and lying while he still deep down inside thinks he is the greatest ever.


Hercuel = Mr. Satan
And as for Frieza (Freezer), he was the perfect heel in Japan and wasn't gay. He was feminine, but he was more of a 19th century style gentleman than a homosexual. It was a great character as he was so polite and soft spoken to Goku, yet he rejoiced in offing his friends. Almost more like the Flair character of DBZ, as he was a rich, arrogant, styling type of guy who was the dirtiest SOB ever in a fight. Even with all the plot holes and such, DBZ is what got me into Anime, so I will always love it.
RockyRulez
Weisswurst
Level: 11

Posts: 13/17
EXP: 4658
For next: 1328

Since: 18.7.02

Since last post: 4374 days
Last activity: 4295 days
#13 Posted on 31.7.02 1123.00
Reposted on: 31.7.09 1129.04

    Originally posted by Dahak
    While I like DBZ the battles do drag. Basicly they always go like this. Goku faces the main bad guy after like 15 episodes. Goku gets his butt kicked at first for 1 episode. Goku remembers he is fighting to protect all live ever in the entire universe so he kicks ass for 1 episode. Then the bad guy moves up to some new level. Then Goku eventually reaches level 43 Super Seian (sorry if I spelled it wrong) then kicks butt. Unless he dies and Gohan finishes him off. Oh and there is a shitload of staring in the middle.



Your forgot the powering up and trash talking. "What! You're only a 1000 level fighter? har har har". Yes, i'm watching the frieza fights over again.
Dahak
Frankfurter
Level: 57

Posts: 151/772
EXP: 1436350
For next: 49587

Since: 12.5.02
From: Junction City OR.

Since last post: 1963 days
Last activity: 1616 days
#14 Posted on 31.7.02 1832.14
Reposted on: 31.7.09 1834.20
Yeah I did forgot the powering up. Goku tricks his opponent into thinking he is weak and then spends 5 minutes moving up to power level 4 trillion. Damn I know it's a cartoon and good guys are always lame but why doesn't he just go in there and kill them without all the screwing around?
Scott Summets
Sujuk
Level: 64

Posts: 213/1008
EXP: 2132050
For next: 82059

Since: 27.6.02

Since last post: 3842 days
Last activity: 3811 days
#15 Posted on 1.8.02 0800.27
Reposted on: 1.8.09 0803.01

    Originally posted by Dahak
    Yeah I did forgot the powering up. Goku tricks his opponent into thinking he is weak and then spends 5 minutes moving up to power level 4 trillion. Damn I know it's a cartoon and good guys are always lame but why doesn't he just go in there and kill them without all the screwing around?


Goku loves to fight, and loves a fair fight... thats why he never takes a cheap advantage. Also, he often gains a new power in a fight due to the cirucmstances of the fight, i.e. he sees a friend getting massacred and gains new strength to fight.
Nate The Snake
Liverwurst
Level: 68

Posts: 215/1136
EXP: 2598758
For next: 130056

Since: 9.1.02
From: Wichita, Ks

Since last post: 3685 days
Last activity: 3155 days
AIM:  
#16 Posted on 1.8.02 0901.11
Reposted on: 1.8.09 0908.08

    Originally posted by Scott Summets
    Goku loves to fight, and loves a fair fight... thats why he never takes a cheap advantage. Also, he often gains a new power in a fight due to the cirucmstances of the fight, i.e. he sees a friend getting massacred and gains new strength to fight.


Also, don't forget that thanks to his incredibly convenient space alien were-baboon-mixed-with-King-Kong heritage, every time he gets his ass kicked he comes back ten times stronger.

I just can't get into a show where the characters are so absurdly overpowered that they can destroy planets on a whim. It's like watching people with severe self-esteem issues roleplay online.

"I blow up the building ur in. U R ded."

"I doj. And I blow up ur hed."

"::growz new hed and kill u with 8 foot sord::"

And it just keeps escalating.
Scott Summets
Sujuk
Level: 64

Posts: 218/1008
EXP: 2132050
For next: 82059

Since: 27.6.02

Since last post: 3842 days
Last activity: 3811 days
#17 Posted on 1.8.02 0956.02
Reposted on: 1.8.09 0959.16

    Originally posted by Nate The Snake

      Originally posted by Scott Summets
      Goku loves to fight, and loves a fair fight... thats why he never takes a cheap advantage. Also, he often gains a new power in a fight due to the cirucmstances of the fight, i.e. he sees a friend getting massacred and gains new strength to fight.


    Also, don't forget that thanks to his incredibly convenient space alien were-baboon-mixed-with-King-Kong heritage, every time he gets his ass kicked he comes back ten times stronger.

    I just can't get into a show where the characters are so absurdly overpowered that they can destroy planets on a whim. It's like watching people with severe self-esteem issues roleplay online.

    "I blow up the building ur in. U R ded."

    "I doj. And I blow up ur hed."

    "::growz new hed and kill u with 8 foot sord::"

    And it just keeps escalating.



That is a big plothole in DBZ. Master Roshi (Kamesennin in Japanese) has a power level of 139 and can blow up the moon, Vegeta was 18000 and could blow up the Earth, and then during the Frieza fight Goku was 15,000,000 at Super Sayain x 1. Considering he reaches Super Sayain x 4 eventually, it seems that at that level one punch should level the Earth.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Evil Horde Slime Pit travesty!
Next thread: Top 10 movies at the mid way point of 2002
Previous thread: LOTR and Star Trek...All In One!
(3282 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Random - Dragonball Z Marathon this Friday!Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.247 seconds.