#21 Posted on 19.7.02 0903.16 Reposted on: 19.7.09 0919.09
They actually have an "Other" category this year, which is for stuff that doesn't fit anyplace else. So competing against each this year, you've got:
-Survivor -The "I Love Lucy" 50th Anniversary Special -The documentary episode of "The West Wing" -The AFI 100 Years - 100 Thrills special -That Trading Spaces show on The Learning Channel
Shouldn't Survivor be nominated in the 'best game show' category?
* Law & Order as Best Drama. Yeah, I know, but I just love this show. And to be honest, for all the times it has been nominated, it's only won ONCE. Dick Wolf should have 3-4 of these things on his shelf.
* My imaginary girlfriend Janel Moloney as Best Supporting Actress in a Drama.
* Wayne Brady and Ryan Stiles of Whose Line getting nominations for best performance in a variety series.
* LeBlanc, Aniston and Matthew Perry all getting nominated for Friends. I think this makes Courteney Cox the only one never nominated. I'm thinking that this is Friends' year; Best Comedy is a strong possibility, as is a win for Aniston.
* No Malcolm in the Middle as Best Comedy Series. Hooray!...I hate that show.
* No Conan O'Brien for best variety/music/comedy series? That's crap!
* Nobody from Buffy getting an acting nomination. I can understand why the show itself would be snubbed (this past season wasn't great), but most of the actors are deserving.
* Scrubs should apparently change its name to Snubs.
* Too much West Wing. I love the show and all, but why are Mary Louise Parker and Stockard Channing getting nominated? They barely appeared on the show this year.
* The most egregrious snub of them all; no songs from the Buffy musical getting nominated for 'Best Music And Lyrics.' It got beaten out by a song from freakin' Judging Amy, for crying out loud.
Best Comedy: Friends Best C. Actor: Ray Romano or (can you believe it?) Matt LeBlanc Best C. Actress: Jennifer Aniston Best C. Supporting Actor: Umm...Brad Garrett? Best C. Supporting Actress: One of the Sex and the City girls
Best Drama: Six Feet Under or West Wing Best D. Actor: Martin Sheen Best D. Actress: Alison Janney Best D. Supporting Actor: John Spencer Best D. Supporting Actress: Janel Moloney?? (fingers crossed)
Since last post: 4041 days Last activity: 3991 days
#24 Posted on 19.7.02 1831.41 Reposted on: 19.7.09 1832.24
The biggest travesty of the Emmy nominations was Alexis Denisof not getting a nom for Supporting Actor, Drama. I know he's on a show that's a snubbed spinoff a show routinely snubbed, but Wesley was the most rounded TV Characters... in a DAMN long time. The inner conflicts between what he knew, what he thought was best, who he trusted, who he didn't trust... god.
But.. the Shield DEFINITELY deserved it's 3 noms. Too bad neither of them have a shot in hell.
Since last post: 2931 days Last activity: 2931 days
#29 Posted on 22.7.02 0641.25 Reposted on: 22.7.09 0649.14
Great job picking Aniston and LeBlanc for nominations, butI'm a little upset about Perry being placed in there. He really did nothing of any huge performance this season, mainly playing second fiddle to Cox-Arquette. If you had to nominate two Friends actors, why not elect Schwimmer, who rolled off a few good episode this season, especially near the end with the birth of the baby.
Bottom line is that votes will probably be split on the Actor vote and LeBlanc will get screwed in his best year ever.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE