For next: 604664
From: Aurora, IL
Since last post: 19 days
Last activity: 13 hours
|#1 Posted on 6.6.11 2107.15 |
Reposted on: 6.6.18 2107.35
| I'm never watching this again. I wrote too much.|
Sony thought this needed to have a pre-game show. They are wrong.
In the rebooted version of history, the only thing that happened to the Playstation Network was it went out for a while. There's a mention about being secure, but very barely.
- CimenaNow VOD added to be added this year. (Hoped for ESPN3)
- Uncharted 3 Demo shown. It looked like Uncharted with more complex lighting. Multiplayer was hyped, and Subway (in the US) will be giving away full multiplayer access during October.
- Resistance 3 Demo. It continues to go bad for the humans, as required by the name of this game. The usual story of a guy from Oklahoma making his way to the New York, trying to make in the (alien) big city. They'll be bundling the PSP Move + Sharpshooter with the game in hopes it catches on.
- 3D! 3D! 3D! God of War, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus remastered in 3D. Also, a new 24 inch TV 3D. The neat trick is instead of split screen, if you're wearing the glasses, each player sees the screen as if it's the only screen. The TV, the HDMI cable, Resistance and glasses (unclear if 1 or 2, but looked like 1) will be on sale for $499. Not bad. Second second of glasses is $70, which they pushed as cheaper.
- "PS Move has built incredible momentum since it's debut." Riiiiiiiiight. NBA2K2 uses the Move. Hope you weren't expecting another good feature. Kobe Bryant makes an appearance (because Blake was busy with other games?) To demonstrate how easy this is for anyone, here's Kobe Bryant to pick it up and play. Kobe plays as the Lakers - and gets blocked. And dribbles out of bounds. And passes Derek Fisher to finally make a shot to finally wrap this up. I'm sold! Medieval Moves is demonstrated by another group. Sir Lancelot does not appear to try it out. This seems to be the final product of the conceptual ideas they showed off way back when Move was first teased; same movements and weapons. The guy narrating this demo should not take this up as his full time job.
- There's no real point to airing a inFamous 2 trailer today, is there? So here it is. Move to be added to here (made it sound like the user created levels aren't coming until Fall, which is late), and more Move functionally in LittleBigPlanet 2 in November (also seems late.)
- trailer for Starhawk. Inexplicably neo-western, pushing the scope of the battles.
- trailer for the new Sly Cooper, coming in 2012. MOVE.
- trailer for DUST514, a console shooter that's part of EVE (a Sci Fi MMOPRG). Summer 2012. Nice to try separate all the different shooters, but there sure are a lot of 'em. MOVE. Closed beta at the end of the year.
- trailer for Bioshock Infinite. Person in charge of the game regretfully relates a story about bashing the Move (yes) but being convinced by Sony (no.) The idea, as he explains, is casual gamer will play games they wouldn't otherwise if they could play it with a Move. Even if this true (skeptical), which casual gamers are going to buy a PS3 and then a Move on top of it. Anyway, the actual surprise is a tease for an upcoming Bioshock game on the NGP, no details. Anyone who buys Bioshock Infinite will also get Bioshock 1 on the same disc, only PSP.
- Saints Row 3 will also have PS3 exclusive content.
- Star Trek cooperative game coming up out with next year's movie. MOVE + phaser accessory, with a prequel only on PSN.
- SSX will have a PS3 exclusive level, Need for Speed The Run will have exclusive cars, Battlefield 3 will have a "second game" Battlefield 1943 bundled.
- Kaz Harai out to hype Playstation Suite. No 3rd party devices said. NGP is in this line, officially named Playstation Vita. "It'll blur the lines from entertainment and your real life." Is that a good thing? I'm not sure that's a good thing. Front and rear cameras, "completely blurring the lines between reality and entertainment." Stop saying that! Front and back touchpad, two sticks, nothing not leaked here. Haria explained they needed the fastest network to make the service connectible to it's network - so they've exclusively partnered with AT&T. Crowd audibly laughs! Kaz seems surprised. I love you, crowd. Voice chat while on different games finally turns up - just on this device. There's also a social thing, as required.
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss demoed. It also looks like uncharted. Oddly, they can't get the display to the big screen, so they're zooming in on the screen while the guy holds the Vita. Showing off the different controls and multiple ways to do the same thing - touch the screen or button. Touch the screen seems very easy.
- RUIN; action social RPG. Progress carries over exactly from the Vita to the PS3; save it one place, it uploads to the cloud to pick up elsewhere. No date, and that name may not be right.
- New ModNation Racers for Vita; they insist it's not a port, but new. Track creation is obviously easy when you can draw paths via touch. Vita will get access to the previous version's user creations. No date.
- PS3/Vita platform cross-play emphasized.
- New LBP for Vita. Trailer shown.
- Short Street Fight X Tekkan trailer. This gets the exact opposite reaction of AT&T. Translator pretends to translate, just recites the speech he already knows. He was good, they should have had him translate other people on the show. Vita version announced, plus Cole from inFamous will be a character. Cole vs Ryu shown. Translator now translating words that are not even being said, talent!
- Vita available this Holiday season. There will be a wi-fi model ($250 - big cheers) and a 3G model ($299).
And that's it. Or they stated playing music and I decided that was it.
|Promote this thread!|| |
For next: 639492
Since last post: 1262 days
Last activity: 1256 days
|#2 Posted on 6.6.11 2127.38 |
Reposted on: 6.6.18 2127.39
| $250 for the Vita? SOLD!|
I was hoping for a second ModNation for the PS3 to be announced.
|ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE