#1 Posted on 27.11.08 0021.39 Reposted on: 27.11.15 0023.08
The Quick and Dirty for ECW 11/25/2008.
- I must say, what is up with ECW not even getting coverage this week on The W? This show has been consistently good recently, and I have to urge all my fellow 'E fans to check out the product if they haven't in a while...
Extreme Rules: Jack Swagger over Tommy Dreamer via Gutwrench Powerbomb through Table in around 14 mins. This match was awesome, and far better than it had any right to be. Dreamer dishing out, and indeed taking, punishment should serve as a lesson in how to do an Extreme Rules Match. Swagger held up his own end, and there was no shit-eating grin today, adding a much-needed second dimension to his character. The rope break in the middle (who calls a rope break in an extreme rules match?) was a big WTF moment for me, but other than that, it was beautiful.
- The Miz and John Morrison say that this was the greatest Survivor Series of all because the greatest tag team in the world (that being them - it's hard to argue with them, I guess only Beer Money can lay a claim to that title right now) debuted their new outfits. Can't fault that logic.
- Elsewhere, Matt Hardy updates us on Jeff Hardy. Jack Swagger comes up to tell him that he's gunning for the title now.
- Elsewhere still, Mark Henry, Tony Atlas, and Hornswoggle exchange pleasantries. Mark shares some health tips regarding candy, then trashes said candy. Sometimes you gotta take the hard way.
Match 2: DJ Gabriel over Some Jobber (didn't catch his name, 411 says it was Jarrod) via European Uppercut in about 3 minutes. This was just an extended squash. Gabe looks pretty good in the ring, but he might be another wellness violation waiting to happen.
- Elsewhere, Alicia Fox(HAWT~) says that she shares Gabe's passion for dancing, funning, and winning.
- DX shill some merchandise, and Kelly^2 serves as the model. She keeps correcting them, so she gets kicked off the set. Then DX want the merch back, so she strips. Shawn has to cover his eyes like a goody-two-shoes.
Mark Henry and Finlay battled to a No Contest via Sportz Entertainment Finish(tm) in about 12 minutes. This was pretty middling, though I like the continuity of Henry finally figuring out what works and what doesn't work against Finlay. I'm all for evolution in the ring, it lends the product a far more authentic feel. This ending means that this feud will go on, which is fine be me.
- End Show.
Wrestling Counter: 29 minutes.
** Another nice show, with the hot opener and a decent main event. The good thing about having a roster as thin as ECW's is that you can put on all your relevant acts in a one-hour show and give them a decent amount of time to shine. This show had the same amount of wrestling as the last Impact (29 mins) and it was of far superior quality.
#3 Posted on 28.11.08 0617.59 Reposted on: 28.11.15 0618.02
I didn't get to do it and after the CRZ crack on me last time I posted it late I decided against the heat. Wasn't sleeping well for the night job so I had to job to sleep.
Jack Swagger is putting together his resume to be the future WWE standout. I'm not sure what it is about him but I think the don't pull anything out from under him he'll be at the top of card in no time. I could be be wrong but I hope I'm not.
I really wanting to catch the DJ Gabriel character...I've technically missed him every time he's been on the show...even during recapping.
Finlay and Henry...eh...its there. Finlay loves to fight.