The W
Views: 100007882
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
24.10.07 1859
The 7 - Site Bashing - Hyatte vs. Keith
This thread has 108 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next(473 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (109 total)
DustinCase
Weisswurst
Level: 10

Posts: 6/15
EXP: 3901
For next: 513

Since: 18.6.02
From: Parts Unkown

Since last post: 4488 days
Last activity: 4461 days
ICQ:  
#81 Posted on 19.6.02 1056.10
Reposted on: 19.6.09 1059.01
CRZ, the 411 boards aren't all that good.
Alessandro
Lap cheong
Level: 81

Posts: 110/1715
EXP: 4857856
For next: 135014

Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 85 days
Last activity: 1 day
#82 Posted on 19.6.02 1104.13
Reposted on: 19.6.09 1111.55

Say, did I ever tell you what happened to the nwwwo.com domain name after the guy who bought it after Sean let it expire?


---

Registrar: Dotster (http://www.dotster.com)
Domain Name: nwwwo.com

Created on: 06-MAR-02
Expires on: 06-MAR-03
Last Updated on: 06-MAR-02

Administrative Contact :
Zimmerman, Christopher Robin chris@kzim.com
KZiM Communications
PO Box *****
*********, CA *****-***
US
[No phone]

---

Wow, CRZ ... You're naughty
TinMan
Blutwurst
Level: 36

Posts: 69/259
EXP: 284817
For next: 23296

Since: 11.1.02
From: TX

Since last post: 1442 days
Last activity: 1211 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
#83 Posted on 19.6.02 1251.51
Reposted on: 19.6.09 1259.04

    Originally posted by CRZ
    Wow, look at all the CRAZY people this thread attracted.

    Hey, if I had KNOWN you were Booty Raper, I'd have never banned you! But, see, you put Widro's AIM in your profile and I knew you weren't Widro (since I asked him) so I was just trying to be a nice guy.

    By the way, how are the 411 boards if you (and Scott and Jay and umm the other guy) have to slum over here?

    Say, did I ever tell you what happened to the nwwwo.com domain name after the guy who bought it after Sean let it expire?




And you kept the archives up?
OK, I know what happened to Scaia, Becker and Shannon for the most part but is there info on the rest of this crew?


"Big Daddy Who?"
Rick Scaia "The Even Worse Guy"
John Petrie
"The Heart-Murmur Kid"
Kevin J. Podsiadlik "Slymm"
Sean Shannon
"Macho Mac"
Jeff McGinnis Don "Buph"
Becker
Michael "Canyda"
Jenkinson "The Canadian Nightmare"
Sean Boulton
"No-H"
Jon Richardson "Triple P"
PowerPB13-Pattersby
"Sleazy-I"
the Infoman "Showstarter"
James Kalyn
"The Unliving Legend" Mike Sweetser
Jay Bower
Cotechino
Level: 22

Posts: 39/90
EXP: 58041
For next: 310

Since: 28.2.02

Since last post: 3887 days
Last activity: 3876 days
#84 Posted on 19.6.02 1528.39
Reposted on: 19.6.09 1528.40
edit - Dont you hate it when you reply to a quote and then find out the original post had been deleted? - edit

"And Jay Bower used to take all my Mop-Ups and send them to me by e-mail, except he would replace every mention of my name with his. Why? No clue. I just ignored it. I guess he still holds a semi-grudge about that. Oh well, I think I can plod on without his support."
- PhuktheNWWWO

Well golly, that quote seems like a thinly veiled attempt to accuse me of copying your style, not the first time I have been slipped subtle accusations of doing so. If beginning a news item with a bold header and then discussing it constitues plagirism of any sort than feel free to let me know where to send the royalty checks. I'll also scour the net for about 45,000 other non wrestling news updates who also use bold print and we can both send them each 7cents for every column we write as well.

I don't "hold any kind of a grudge" because honestly I don't know Hyatte or any other net writer and real life is a little too beatdown to get worked up over the internet wrestling scene as I'm sure you know. I just don't particularly "get" your style just like I don't always "get" Scotsman either, you guys both get a hell of a lot of hits so I guess a lot of people do "get it" so more power to you. Honestly I'm sure a good deal of people hate my style too so it's all a matter of taste I suppose. I also won't deny the fact that the mop-ups and Midnight News lent a great deal to the popularity of 411 which, in turn, gets me more traffic so I appreciate that.

One thing I think we do have in common is the fact that alot of times our writing seems to be more geared towards amusing ourselves than anything else which is basically the only way I get through stretching out a newsbit on Crash Holly into a paragraph or two at 3am without drinking the cyanide in my desk drawer. I also will be honest and say that I do read your column every week and found your comments on Jeff Peterson to be extremely classy.

However, after the self amusement, I think that is where the similarities end. I don't need vulgarity and pot-stirring as a crutch to compensate for the fact that I either a)have completely lost the desire to write about wrestling, or b) you don't even watch much wrestling anymore, but follow it just enough to be able to write a column loosely based around it. If I were one of those annoying psych majors I would probably say that you keep coming back to the well because you need the acceptance of the thousands of prepubescent internet wrestling marks everytime normal life isn't going so well but like I said, I don't know you so that's an educated shot in the dark. Sure my news updates may be a bit goofy at times, but I stick to 97% wrestling news and analysis and personally find them to be the best on the net, but of course I'm going to say that. I will leave the SK situation alone because no matter what I said it would be judged as biased in some way or another. I also don't find racism (even though it is obviously in jest) to be overwhelmingly funny, necessary or anyway relavent to a "wrestling" column.

Anyway, not trying to be hostile or start another "net feud" because that would be pushing a relatively new guy (a year and a half of writing) way too fast. Honestly I am still working a midcard program with Eitan Shapiro (who is saddled with a new gimmick of being a loose cannon...oh wait, thats not a gimmick) and from there I am moving on to a "worked shoot" with one of the DVDVR guys. Come October I may be ready to work the main event though. Until then I would rather try and make a name for myself than by feuding with anyone else more established.

Anyway, just thought I would defend myself in CRZ' lovely house and say that accusing me of stealing your style is ridiculous because it's like apples and oranges. Just my 100% honest two cents with a lot of compliments and a lot of grievances so don't accuse me of being bias please.

(edited by Jay Bower on 19.6.02 1330)
KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami
Level: 33

Posts: 98/220
EXP: 223189
For next: 5993

Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3670 days
Last activity: 3655 days
AIM:  
#85 Posted on 19.6.02 1622.41
Reposted on: 19.6.09 1629.04
    Originally posted by Jay Bower
    edit - Dont you hate it when you reply to a quote and then find out the original post had been deleted? - edit

    "And Jay Bower used to take all my Mop-Ups and send them to me by e-mail, except he would replace every mention of my name with his. Why? No clue. I just ignored it. I guess he still holds a semi-grudge about that. Oh well, I think I can plod on without his support."
    - PhuktheNWWWO

    Well golly, that quote seems like a thinly veiled attempt to accuse me of copying your style, not the first time I have been slipped subtle accusations of doing so. If beginning a news item with a bold header and then discussing it constitues plagirism of any sort than feel free to let me know where to send the royalty checks. I'll also scour the net for about 45,000 other non wrestling news updates who also use bold print and we can both send them each 7cents for every column we write as well.

    I don't "hold any kind of a grudge" because honestly I don't know Hyatte or any other net writer and real life is a little too beatdown to get worked up over the internet wrestling scene as I'm sure you know. I just don't particularly "get" your style just like I don't always "get" Scotsman either, you guys both get a hell of a lot of hits so I guess a lot of people do "get it" so more power to you. Honestly I'm sure a good deal of people hate my style too so it's all a matter of taste I suppose. I also won't deny the fact that the mop-ups and Midnight News lent a great deal to the popularity of 411 which, in turn, gets me more traffic so I appreciate that.

    One thing I think we do have in common is the fact that alot of times our writing seems to be more geared towards amusing ourselves than anything else which is basically the only way I get through stretching out a newsbit on Crash Holly into a paragraph or two at 3am without drinking the cyanide in my desk drawer. I also will be honest and say that I do read your column every week and found your comments on Jeff Peterson to be extremely classy.

    However, after the self amusement, I think that is where the similarities end. I don't need vulgarity and pot-stirring as a crutch to compensate for the fact that I either a)have completely lost the desire to write about wrestling, or b) you don't even watch much wrestling anymore, but follow it just enough to be able to write a column loosely based around it. If I were one of those annoying psych majors I would probably say that you keep coming back to the well because you need the acceptance of the thousands of prepubescent internet wrestling marks everytime normal life isn't going so well but like I said, I don't know you so that's an educated shot in the dark. Sure my news updates may be a bit goofy at times, but I stick to 97% wrestling news and analysis and personally find them to be the best on the net, but of course I'm going to say that. I will leave the SK situation alone because no matter what I said it would be judged as biased in some way or another. I also don't find racism (even though it is obviously in jest) to be overwhelmingly funny, necessary or anyway relavent to a "wrestling" column.

    Anyway, not trying to be hostile or start another "net feud" because that would be pushing a relatively new guy (a year and a half of writing) way too fast. Honestly I am still working a midcard program with Eitan Shapiro (who is saddled with a new gimmick of being a loose cannon...oh wait, thats not a gimmick) and from there I am moving on to a "worked shoot" with one of the DVDVR guys. Come October I may be ready to work the main event though. Until then I would rather try and make a name for myself than by feuding with anyone else more established.

    Anyway, just thought I would defend myself in CRZ' lovely house and say that accusing me of stealing your style is ridiculous because it's like apples and oranges. Just my 100% honest two cents with a lot of compliments and a lot of grievances so don't accuse me of being bias please.

    (edited by Jay Bower on 19.6.02 1330)



Did you guys see the commercial for the new Powerpuff Girls movie? That shite's gonna ROK!!!!!!!

...

Oh, this thread is still about Hyatte vs. Keith? Come guys, as excited about it as I was last week it was *last week*. Jay, no one is going to stop reading your stuff because Hyatte implied something so you don't really need to defend yourself here. Send him an e-mail or contact him through AOLIM or something. This thing isn't even Hyatte vs. Keith anymore. Now it's Hyatte vs. Everyone who's Keith's friend, but not Keith with Eitan and Scotsman having gay sex on the side. The moment has passed for this to be fun anymore and now is just silly and lame. Everyone who wanted to punk on SK got to and whoever wanted to defend him got to. As someone else said in this very same thread "WE GET IT".

PS: That was ME who got quoted in the last MidNews. Who ROKS? I do.

(edited by KevinKellyisFNHardcore on 19.6.02 1435)
TinMan
Blutwurst
Level: 36

Posts: 70/259
EXP: 284817
For next: 23296

Since: 11.1.02
From: TX

Since last post: 1442 days
Last activity: 1211 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
#86 Posted on 19.6.02 1625.04
Reposted on: 19.6.09 1629.07

    Originally posted by Jay Bower
    edit - Dont you hate it when you reply to a quote and then find out the original post had been deleted? - edit

    "And Jay Bower used to take all my Mop-Ups and send them to me by e-mail, except he would replace every mention of my name with his. Why? No clue. I just ignored it. I guess he still holds a semi-grudge about that. Oh well, I think I can plod on without his support."
    - PhuktheNWWWO

    Well golly, that quote seems like a thinly veiled attempt to accuse me of copying your style, not the first time I have been slipped subtle accusations of doing so. If beginning a news item with a bold header and then discussing it constitues plagirism of any sort than feel free to let me know where to send the royalty checks. I'll also scour the net for about 45,000 other non wrestling news updates who also use bold print and we can both send them each 7cents for every column we write as well.



This isn't a flame so don't take it as such Jay. I think that what PhuktheNWWO aka Hyatte (for those of you out there that did not know) meant was that you sent his mop ups with your name replacing his to his e-mail. Not that you copied his style or that ya'll were anything alike. I think he was commenting on the strangeness of that act and not of any plagarizing of styles.

For what it is worth, I read your stuff at 411 and enjoy it but I am a huge Hyatte mark and I am not prepubescent. In fact I am a very well educated 31 year old doctor. I always watch for Hyatte's stuff and that is actually how I found 411 after he left ScoopThis. I expect a lot of people found the site the same way. I find him hilarious mainly because he doesn't obsess himself completely with wrestling. I read Eric S for that very same reason. (and I am a staunch republican) I think the problem with most wrestling writers is that they do take themselves too seriously and stopped enjoying the wrestling for its entertainment. Hyatte keeps that in perspective in his own unique way. This is also why I enjoy his "net feuds". He doesn't really take them seriously but he gets under the other persons skin because they do. Makes for some very enjoyable reading. When Hyatte isn't writing I tend not to take as much interest in the internet wrestling community outside of visits to this board.

Wow, that was long. (for one of my posts)
Pato F1
Tocino
No longer registered
Level: 18

Posts: 46/56
EXP: 28640
For next: 1258

Since: 10.1.02
From: North of England

Since last post: 4506 days
Last activity: 4497 days
AIM:  
#87 Posted on 19.6.02 1644.37
Reposted on: 19.6.09 1657.33
Does anyone want my opinion? (No.) Ok, then.
El Den
Pinkelwurst
Level: 13

Posts: 26/27
EXP: 9580
For next: 687

Since: 18.1.02

Since last post: 3844 days
Last activity: 3172 days
#88 Posted on 19.6.02 2317.33
Reposted on: 19.6.09 2329.04
>>I think every internet writer on the planet is going to add to this thread.<<

Not me.

Oh SHIT... I guess I fell for it.

Denny
Alessandro
Lap cheong
Level: 81

Posts: 111/1715
EXP: 4857856
For next: 135014

Since: 2.1.02
From: Worcester MA

Since last post: 85 days
Last activity: 1 day
#89 Posted on 20.6.02 0659.25
Reposted on: 20.6.09 0659.28
And you kept the archives up?

CRZ's not maintaining the NWWWO archive ... He's just linking to the Internet Archive and letting them do all the work
jsg123
Medisterpoelse
Level: 3

Posts: 1/1
EXP: 67
For next: 61

Since: 20.6.02

Since last post: 4508 days
Last activity: 4506 days
#90 Posted on 21.6.02 1640.00
Reposted on: 21.6.09 1655.40
Well, if there is one thing that we can learn from this whole thread it is that Grutman rules and Hyatte and Keith blow each other in the little boy's bathroom. Also, CRZ rules. Bower sucks for sticking his nose where it didn't belong and defending himself against allegations that Hyatte didn't make. Whatever.

Still, and I admit I am part of the problem here, maybe if none of us commented on the writer feuds they'd go away. I mean going so far as to not even say "This is stupid." But whatever.
TinMan
Blutwurst
Level: 36

Posts: 72/259
EXP: 284817
For next: 23296

Since: 11.1.02
From: TX

Since last post: 1442 days
Last activity: 1211 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
#91 Posted on 21.6.02 1658.48
Reposted on: 21.6.09 1659.02
    Originally posted by jsg123
    Well, if there is one thing that we can learn from this whole thread it is that Grutman rules and Hyatte and Keith blow each other in the little boy's bathroom. Also, CRZ rules. Bower sucks for sticking his nose where it didn't belong and defending himself against allegations that Hyatte didn't make. Whatever.

    Still, and I admit I am part of the problem here, maybe if none of us commented on the writer feuds they'd go away. I mean going so far as to not even say "This is stupid." But whatever.



Welcome Grut, I thought you already had an account and screen name here. Well I guess that makes it a majority of the 411 writers checking out the board.

If only we could get the WWE writers to quit their lurking and come out into the open.

(edited by TinMan on 21.6.02 1659)
KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami
Level: 33

Posts: 108/220
EXP: 223189
For next: 5993

Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3670 days
Last activity: 3655 days
AIM:  
#92 Posted on 21.6.02 1746.16
Reposted on: 21.6.09 1759.01

    Originally posted by TinMan
      Originally posted by jsg123
      Well, if there is one thing that we can learn from this whole thread it is that Grutman rules and Hyatte and Keith blow each other in the little boy's bathroom. Also, CRZ rules. Bower sucks for sticking his nose where it didn't belong and defending himself against allegations that Hyatte didn't make. Whatever.

      Still, and I admit I am part of the problem here, maybe if none of us commented on the writer feuds they'd go away. I mean going so far as to not even say "This is stupid." But whatever.



    Welcome Grut, I thought you already had an account and screen name here. Well I guess that makes it a majority of the 411 writers checking out the board.

    If only we could get the WWE writers to quit their lurking and come out into the open.

    (edited by TinMan on 21.6.02 1659)



Actoooalleee, Eye am a WWE writur; HHH rooolz,
joshuagrutman
Medisterpoelse
No longer registered
Level: 4

Posts: 1/2
EXP: 189
For next: 90

Since: 22.6.02

Since last post: 4506 days
Last activity: 4400 days
#93 Posted on 22.6.02 0303.57
Reposted on: 22.6.09 0305.52
Sorry, not me. I do know who it is though. The shit.
Pato F1
Tocino
No longer registered
Level: 18

Posts: 51/56
EXP: 28640
For next: 1258

Since: 10.1.02
From: North of England

Since last post: 4506 days
Last activity: 4497 days
AIM:  
#94 Posted on 22.6.02 0454.03
Reposted on: 22.6.09 0459.01
Hahaha. Yeah, sure. You have to post under a false name to give the impression that you have a fanbase (of one), Grut. Hahaha. YOU LOSER!
Ffej
Boudin rouge
Level: 48

Posts: 153/513
EXP: 793637
For next: 29911

Since: 15.1.02
From: Flatwoods, KY

Since last post: 2324 days
Last activity: 633 days
Y!:
#95 Posted on 22.6.02 0515.36
Reposted on: 22.6.09 0525.07
"If only we could get the WWE writers to quit their lurking and come out into the open."

"Actoooalleee, Eye am a WWE writur; HHH rooolz,"

Now that kids, is funny. LOL!

(edited by Ffej on 22.6.02 0616)

(edited by Ffej on 22.6.02 0616)
joshuagrutman
Medisterpoelse
No longer registered
Level: 4

Posts: 2/2
EXP: 189
For next: 90

Since: 22.6.02

Since last post: 4506 days
Last activity: 4400 days
#96 Posted on 22.6.02 2037.25
Reposted on: 22.6.09 2041.36
Me think I have a fanbase? Never! However, I do have a little brother.
KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami
Level: 33

Posts: 114/220
EXP: 223189
For next: 5993

Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3670 days
Last activity: 3655 days
AIM:  
#97 Posted on 22.6.02 2039.25
Reposted on: 22.6.09 2042.24
You know Grut, I think your username is really quite pedestrian. DogApe&Man would be so much cooler and more appropriate.
Pato F1
Tocino
No longer registered
Level: 18

Posts: 54/56
EXP: 28640
For next: 1258

Since: 10.1.02
From: North of England

Since last post: 4506 days
Last activity: 4497 days
AIM:  
#98 Posted on 23.6.02 0210.43
Reposted on: 23.6.09 0211.02
Damn, Grut. How can I insult you when you're so self-deprecating?
DJ FrostyFreeze
Knackwurst
Level: 108

Posts: 445/3380
EXP: 13440635
For next: 79908

Since: 2.1.02
From: Hawthorne, CA

Since last post: 47 days
Last activity: 10 hours
#99 Posted on 23.6.02 1002.33
Reposted on: 23.6.09 1004.13
Trust me, Pato. You'll find a way.
KevinKellyisFNHardcore
Salami
Level: 33

Posts: 117/220
EXP: 223189
For next: 5993

Since: 2.1.02
From: Fresno, California

Since last post: 3670 days
Last activity: 3655 days
AIM:  
#100 Posted on 23.6.02 1439.06
Reposted on: 23.6.09 1442.06

    Originally posted by Pato F1
    Damn, Grut. How can I insult you when you're so self-deprecating?


That's probably the point Pato. It's called a "defense mechanism". I'm guilty of the same thing.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 NextThread ahead: www.billgoldberg.com
Next thread: A gem from Mallory Mahling
Previous thread: HOGAN WINS TITLE!!!
(473 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - Site Bashing - Hyatte vs. KeithRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.169 seconds.