The W
Views: 99395852
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
1.10.07 1944
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - IMPACT 10-26-06
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2(570 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (29 total)
Karlos the Jackal
Lap cheong
Level: 81

Posts: 820/1749
EXP: 4990834
For next: 2036

Since: 2.1.02
From: The City of Subdued Excitement

Since last post: 28 days
Last activity: 14 hours
#21 Posted on 29.10.06 0502.12
Reposted on: 29.10.13 0502.12
    Originally posted by oldschoolhero
    AJ's not going to win the tournament.
Is this a prediction or a spoiler?

--K
oldschoolhero
Knackwurst
Level: 104

Posts: 2524/3059
EXP: 11543857
For next: 318308

Since: 2.1.02
From: nWo Country

Since last post: 1965 days
Last activity: 1899 days
#22 Posted on 29.10.06 0528.09
Reposted on: 29.10.13 0528.16
Prediction. Abyss is the obvious TNA-approved choice for the match, and probably a better choice booking-wise. He can absorb a loss pretty handily, whereas there's no sense in jobbing Styles. Really, it should be Christian getting the shot.
J. Kyle
Boudin blanc
Level: 93

Posts: 1708/2389
EXP: 7924047
For next: 128793

Since: 21.2.02
From: The Land of Aloha

Since last post: 60 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#23 Posted on 29.10.06 0639.24
Reposted on: 29.10.13 0639.51
    Originally posted by Karlos the Jackal
    I seem to remember that one of the problems with Russo's last tenure was that nothing made a lick of sense. Looks like we're for that all over again.

    --K
Cheap shot at Russo.

I've been watching this company through Trinity/Tracy competing for sex with Dusty Rhodes, Monty Brown's allignments, and whataver the hell went down with Larry/Hebner/Double J at the last KotM match.

Things not making a lick of sense is a grand tradition for TNA, and has nothing to do with the revolving door of who's contributing.
Karlos the Jackal
Lap cheong
Level: 81

Posts: 821/1749
EXP: 4990834
For next: 2036

Since: 2.1.02
From: The City of Subdued Excitement

Since last post: 28 days
Last activity: 14 hours
#24 Posted on 29.10.06 0643.08
Reposted on: 29.10.13 0645.30
    Originally posted by oldschoolhero
    Prediction. Abyss is the obvious TNA-approved choice for the match, and probably a better choice booking-wise. He can absorb a loss pretty handily, whereas there's no sense in jobbing Styles. Really, it should be Christian getting the shot.
Cool. I'm pretty sure it'll come down to Abyss vs. Styles in the finals (which is good -- somehow, those two have great chemistry), but I thought it'd be weird if the guy who got a bye won the tournament.

With Abyss's won/lost record of late, maybe he should've gotten eliminated from the Battle Royal due to gang-up, and then destroyed his opponent in the first round, destroyed both guys in the semi-finals, and then destroyed whoever got a bye in the finals. He could use a string of dominant wins (against people other than Runt). Ah, but there I go, retro-fantasy booking again.

I predict Christian gets his match on one of the first Prime Time shows.

    Originally posted by AngryJohnny
    Things not making a lick of sense is a grand tradition for TNA, and has nothing to do with the revolving door of who's contributing.
Heh -- point ruefully taken, but I seem to remember, at the time, things making even less sense than usual, making more sudden u-turns and the like. I dunno, should I break out the tapes?

--K

(edited by Karlos the Jackal on 29.10.06 0446)
Jim Smith
Goetta
Level: 37

Posts: 235/303
EXP: 318068
For next: 20188

Since: 17.10.04
From: Bloomington, IL

Since last post: 2278 days
Last activity: 1709 days
#25 Posted on 29.10.06 1126.43
Reposted on: 29.10.13 1126.54
    Originally posted by AngryJohnny
    I've been watching this company through Trinity/Tracy competing for sex with Dusty Rhodes, Monty Brown's allignments, and whataver the hell went down with Larry/Hebner/Double J at the last KotM match.

    Things not making a lick of sense is a grand tradition for TNA, and has nothing to do with the revolving door of who's contributing.


I don't disagree with your point but I do have to take issue with your examples.

For all that it was a complete waste of our time, the Dusty angle made perfect sense. Dusty wanted a pretty lady hanging around him, Traci and Trinity were willing to fight over this meal ticket, and in the end Dusty did what any guy would do and keep them both. It sucked to watch but I could never question Stardust's logic.

Monty Brown explained his heel turn in no uncertain terms: He only began working for Jarrett because he thought that was a clearer path to a title shot than eating a guitar every week. He was wrong, of course, and at times he forgot his place and lost patience with Jarrett, but in the end he'd decide to stick to his plan and help Jarrett eliminate other contenders.

The King of the Mountain screwjob is so straightforward I don't know where to start. Jarrett's a heel who'll do anything to regain the title. Larry Zbysko's a crooked authority figure. Earl Hebner's a crooked referee. They conspired to help Jeff win the match, and when Hebner takes the fall for it he raises a stink until Jarrett gets punished and Larry gets fired. What's to understand?
CTX
Italian
Level: 34

Posts: 109/240
EXP: 250135
For next: 3519

Since: 11.5.02

Since last post: 12 days
Last activity: 4 hours
#26 Posted on 29.10.06 1410.03
Reposted on: 29.10.13 1412.28
    Originally posted by Jim Smith
    The King of the Mountain screwjob is so straightforward I don't know where to start. Jarrett's a heel who'll do anything to regain the title. Larry Zbysko's a crooked authority figure. Earl Hebner's a crooked referee. They conspired to help Jeff win the match, and when Hebner takes the fall for it he raises a stink until Jarrett gets punished and Larry gets fired. What's to understand?

I could be wrong here since the whole thing turned into a confusing mess, but I'm pretty sure Hebner was cleared of all charges during that lame lie detector skit, where it was proven he had no knowledge of any screwjob and thus was reinstated as a referee.

So technically Jarrett won the match fairly, even though Zbyszko apparently tried to fix the match in his favour (although I'm not sure how he tried to with Hebner turning out to be legit). This led to Cornette getting upset at Jarrett for holding the belt he could have potentially won by cheating and stripping him of the belt, then giving it back to him the next night. Plus wanting rid of Zbyszko for trying to fix the title match so Jarrett came out on top. Which he did, but not because of Zbyszko it turned out. I think.
J. Kyle
Boudin blanc
Level: 93

Posts: 1709/2389
EXP: 7924047
For next: 128793

Since: 21.2.02
From: The Land of Aloha

Since last post: 60 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#27 Posted on 30.10.06 0743.38
Reposted on: 30.10.13 0745.06
    Originally posted by Jim Smith

    For all that it was a complete waste of our time, the Dusty angle made perfect sense. Dusty wanted a pretty lady hanging around him, Traci and Trinity were willing to fight over this meal ticket, and in the end Dusty did what any guy would do and keep them both. It sucked to watch but I could never question Stardust's logic.

    Monty Brown explained his heel turn in no uncertain terms: He only began working for Jarrett because he thought that was a clearer path to a title shot than eating a guitar every week. He was wrong, of course, and at times he forgot his place and lost patience with Jarrett, but in the end he'd decide to stick to his plan and help Jarrett eliminate other contenders.

    The King of the Mountain screwjob is so straightforward I don't know where to start. Jarrett's a heel who'll do anything to regain the title. Larry Zbysko's a crooked authority figure. Earl Hebner's a crooked referee. They conspired to help Jeff win the match, and when Hebner takes the fall for it he raises a stink until Jarrett gets punished and Larry gets fired. What's to understand?
1. Did they really need a meal ticket? They both already had jobs, it was never said that the one who didn't get to be Dusty's assistant would lose their job.

2. Brown's first turn may have made sense, but his back and forth, boo me/cheer me antics afterward didn't reek of tweener of booking, just BAD booking.

3. CTX already explained this. Lie detector=Hebner not guilty. Or something.
Quezzy
Knackwurst
Level: 106

Posts: 2213/3252
EXP: 12647323
For next: 24661

Since: 6.1.02
From: The Moon

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 2 hours
AIM:  
#28 Posted on 30.10.06 1636.25
Reposted on: 30.10.13 1638.23
    Originally posted by AngryJohnny
    2. Brown's first turn may have made sense, but his back and forth, boo me/cheer me antics afterward didn't reek of tweener of booking, just BAD booking.


I'm not sure where you are getting this. Monty Brown has been a heel ever since he joined Jarrett. He was in the KotM match that Raven won then starting teaming with a heel Kip James. THen he feuded with Lance Hoyt, then Jeff Hardy, then Christian Cage, then he did the skit mocking Sting, continued to feud with Christian then wrestled Samoa Joe in a three way. Nowhere along the way was he a face. If he was doing face-like things it wasn't faulty booking it was Monty not doing the job he was supposed to.
J. Kyle
Boudin blanc
Level: 93

Posts: 1710/2389
EXP: 7924047
For next: 128793

Since: 21.2.02
From: The Land of Aloha

Since last post: 60 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#29 Posted on 30.10.06 2142.00
Reposted on: 30.10.13 2144.05
    Originally posted by Quezzy
      Originally posted by AngryJohnny
      2. Brown's first turn may have made sense, but his back and forth, boo me/cheer me antics afterward didn't reek of tweener of booking, just BAD booking.


    I'm not sure where you are getting this. Monty Brown has been a heel ever since he joined Jarrett. He was in the KotM match that Raven won then starting teaming with a heel Kip James. THen he feuded with Lance Hoyt, then Jeff Hardy, then Christian Cage, then he did the skit mocking Sting, continued to feud with Christian then wrestled Samoa Joe in a three way. Nowhere along the way was he a face. If he was doing face-like things it wasn't faulty booking it was Monty not doing the job he was supposed to.
Squash matches, turning on Jarret, unturning on Jarret, look I'm well aware of Brown's plethora of shortcomings but the writers got to take a piece of the guilt.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: Prev 1 2Thread ahead: RAW #701 10/30/06 - Screw you, west coast
Next thread: Sean O'Haire doesnt like Butterbeans
Previous thread: Anotha Hot Update!
(570 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: TNA Impact 10-19-06 - Impact 10-12-06 - TNA IMPACT Workrate Report #50 - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - IMPACT 10-26-06Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.297 seconds.