The W
Views: 100957608
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
28.11.07 1813
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Francine.........has left the bingo hall Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1 2 Next(679 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (23 total)
majikx
Haggis
Level: 17

Posts: 27/51
EXP: 21144
For next: 3599

Since: 6.9.05
From: Elizabethtown

Since last post: 2501 days
Last activity: 2496 days
#1 Posted on 12.10.06 1350.56
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1350.57
Francine has been released

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/francinerelease

Not surprising, while she looked in good shape body wise, her face was beginning to age, all those piledrivers from Tommy I guess took there toll. It's a shame, she could take a bump better than any diva they had, oh well maybe its off to TNA land.

(edited by majikx on 12.10.06 1401)
Promote this thread!
Tenken347
Boudin blanc
Level: 93

Posts: 1115/2460
EXP: 7993611
For next: 59229

Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 6 hours
Last activity: 6 hours
#2 Posted on 12.10.06 1424.42
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1425.21
Color me unsurprised. They used her what, twice? And then she disappeared from TV. Besides, I've heard she's ridiculously hard to work with.
DJ FrostyFreeze
Knackwurst
Level: 109

Posts: 2334/3387
EXP: 13532763
For next: 426927

Since: 2.1.02
From: Hawthorne, CA

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 36 min.
#3 Posted on 12.10.06 1440.12
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1443.50
    Originally posted by majikx
    Not surprising, while she looked in good shape body wise, her face was beginning to age,...
If that were the case, Trinity the Talking Horse would be long gone.

    Originally posted by Teken347
    Besides, I've heard she's ridiculously hard to work with.
With so many divas running around, I cant imagine any of them can afford to be hard to work with.

Speaking of which, is anyone else completely bored with all WWE Diva shennanigans besides me? I looking at hot ladies just as much as anyone else, but trotting them out just to look at or having them try to trick me into thinking that they cant wait to strip down for me or get it on with each other has me entirely uninterested.
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 214

Posts: 8198/16371
EXP: 144167047
For next: 1558373

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 23 hours
Last activity: 10 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on 12.10.06 1441.39
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1443.50
That's what SHE said AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
John Orquiola
Scrapple
Level: 122

Posts: 194/4479
EXP: 20454873
For next: 183199

Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 153 days
Last activity: 153 days
#5 Posted on 12.10.06 1457.56
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1458.12
So many complaints about the Divas lately. Don't like the Divas? That's cool, that's cool. There are still three brands, 7 hours of show a week. Plenty of naked men in tights to keep you interested. Occasionally, they trot out the mostly naked girls for a little variety, but heavens! We don't tune in for that! We want workrate, damn you, McMahon!
OMEGA
Lap cheong
Level: 81

Posts: 1687/1747
EXP: 4923332
For next: 69538

Since: 18.6.02
From: North Cacalacky

Since last post: 1977 days
Last activity: 1945 days
#6 Posted on 12.10.06 1508.57
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1514.15
I heard that after Vince met her, he was asking people why they'd hired a woman who looked like that. So this was inevitable.

To be fair, compared to the rest of the women in WWE, she looked totally low-rent. I'm glad she got 4 months of steady pay, at least.
Destrucity
Boerewors
Level: 39

Posts: 329/339
EXP: 388447
For next: 16328

Since: 21.4.04
From: New York, NY, USA

Since last post: 2933 days
Last activity: 2841 days
#7 Posted on 12.10.06 1514.29
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1514.53
    Originally posted by OMEGA
    I heard that after Vince met her, he was asking people why they'd hired a woman who looked like that.
Ha ha ha! That's terrific.

This may be hypocritical because I'm currently calling for more realistic-looking women in wrestling in another thread, but Francine really was super unattractive. Trinity is no great shakes either and looked terrible during the strip-poker thing.
JohnHayduke
Polska kielbasa
Level: 26

Posts: 123/127
EXP: 95207
For next: 7070

Since: 17.10.02
From: Moab, Utah

Since last post: 2804 days
Last activity: 681 days
#8 Posted on 12.10.06 1535.08
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1536.49
    Originally posted by Destrucity


I don't get this... More realistic-looking women = unattractive women? I don't want to live where you live then.

Francine was not realistic looking. I believe someone compared her to two balloons on two sticks or something similar before.

Realistic women are women without cosmetic surgery not ugly women.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator
Level: 131

Posts: 1563/5262
EXP: 26262322
For next: 162368

Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 20 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
#9 Posted on 12.10.06 1543.26
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1545.07
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    So many complaints about the Divas lately. Don't like the Divas? That's cool, that's cool. There are still three brands, 7 hours of show a week. Plenty of naked men in tights to keep you interested. Occasionally, they trot out the mostly naked girls for a little variety, but heavens! We don't tune in for that! We want workrate, damn you, McMahon!


NO NOT ME I LOVE HOT CHICKS
spf
Scrapple
Level: 133

Posts: 3700/5404
EXP: 27272083
For next: 580657

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Las Vegas of Canada

Since last post: 26 days
Last activity: 5 hours
AIM:  
#10 Posted on 12.10.06 1548.49
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1549.08
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    So many complaints about the Divas lately. Don't like the Divas? That's cool, that's cool. There are still three brands, 7 hours of show a week. Plenty of naked men in tights to keep you interested. Occasionally, they trot out the mostly naked girls for a little variety, but heavens! We don't tune in for that! We want workrate, damn you, McMahon!

Then trot them out for a little variety. Every other sport has their eye candy. Everyone loves the cheerleaders or ring card girls. But what WWE does is the equivalent of if on Monday Night Football they decided instead of showing the second quarter of the game, they would just have the cheerleaders woodenly act out an skit that wouldn't titilate anyone over the age of 13.

You want women on the show? Fine, do one of three things:

1. Have them wrestle. I'll put up with a shitty women's match more easily than a shitty man's match if I have to choose. Of course, I'd rather a good women's match. But hey, I don't run things.

2. Make them part of the storyline. Lita's prodigious rack gets plenty of tv time without taking away from anything else. Give them something to do other than existing solely as the stunted fantasies of barely-pubescent boys. Hell, even Kelly Kelly has some reason to be on tv now other than just dancing.

3. Dirty it up. So Vince says we have to have eye candy that has no connection to anything else. Well then do something with it. There was more action in the single lesbian kiss between Beulah and Kimona than in 15 years of watching WWE women pretend to be about to do something naughty.

Instead we get bland women prancing about unenthusiastically always on the verge but never doing anything worth noting.

(edited by spf on 12.10.06 1549)
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 214

Posts: 8199/16371
EXP: 144167047
For next: 1558373

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 23 hours
Last activity: 10 min.
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#11 Posted on 12.10.06 1551.53
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1553.14
Say John, when was the last ECW show you watched? I ask because I didn't see any posts by you in recent ECW show threads, but you HAVE been pretty active in the TV forum*, so I'm wondering if you're actually aware of what you're arguing for.


*for which I am grateful, don't get me wrong


(edited by CRZ on 12.10.06 1607)
Destrucity
Boerewors
Level: 39

Posts: 330/339
EXP: 388447
For next: 16328

Since: 21.4.04
From: New York, NY, USA

Since last post: 2933 days
Last activity: 2841 days
#12 Posted on 12.10.06 1645.09
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1645.10
    Originally posted by JohnHayduke
    I don't get this... More realistic-looking women = unattractive women? I don't want to live where you live then.

    Francine was not realistic looking. I believe someone compared her to two balloons on two sticks or something similar before.

    Realistic women are women without cosmetic surgery not ugly women.
That was kind of my point. I suppose I didn't convey it very well. I promise to try harder next time!
John Orquiola
Scrapple
Level: 122

Posts: 195/4479
EXP: 20454873
For next: 183199

Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 153 days
Last activity: 153 days
#13 Posted on 12.10.06 1659.04
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1659.08
I watch ECW every week and enjoy the show for the most part. I just don't feel like posting about it, usually. In a nutshell, I like the two vampires, I like CM Punk, I think Show has been better than he's ever been, I'm amazed at Hardcore Holly, there's never enough Sandman, Dreamer, Sabu or RVD for me, and I won't miss Francine (tying the subject matter of this thread in peripherally.)

I thought strip poker was all right. I was amused by the odd, goofy way they stopped playing poker all of a sudden to plug The Marine and awkwardly deliver their pre-written dialogue about how hot Cena and Batista are. And I don't believe for a second Candice or Maria were sans-nude colored pasties on their nipples and undercarriages. But you know, it was low brow and trashy and forced, but I like the Divas and I liked strip poker for what it was. Low brow, trashy, forced? Gee, I could actually also be describing professional wrestling!

What I don't like is a lot of holier than thou complaining. It was one week where they did strip poker and it was what it was. It was entertaining if you approach it in the right mindset. We don't actually see that shit very often post-Attitude era. (Actually, if WWE did more stuff with the Divas like it, they might actually be better at it. That's my theory.) There's a women's title tournament going on with actual wrestling matches every week too. So we're getting the gamut of how to use the Divas. I like watching the Divas who can wrestle actually wrestle. But I sure don't mind the hot ones who can't showing off their bodies as much as basic cable will allow. I guess that's really my point.

In closing, never liked Francine, won't miss her one bit. Although it amuses the hell out of me a couple of weeks ago there was a big wwe.com article about how happy everyone is that Francine was back on ECW TV, and then BOOM! she's gone.

    Originally posted by CRZ
    Say John, when was the last ECW show you watched? I ask because I didn't see any posts by you in recent ECW show threads, but you HAVE been pretty active in the TV forum*, so I'm wondering if you're actually aware of what you're arguing for.


    *for which I am grateful, don't get me wrong


    (edited by CRZ on 12.10.06 1607)




(edited by John Orquiola on 12.10.06 1510)
DJ FrostyFreeze
Knackwurst
Level: 109

Posts: 2335/3387
EXP: 13532763
For next: 426927

Since: 2.1.02
From: Hawthorne, CA

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 36 min.
#14 Posted on 12.10.06 1814.52
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1815.29
    Originally posted by spf
    You want women on the show? Fine, do one of three things:

    1. Have them wrestle [...]
    2. Make them part of the storyline [...]
    3. Dirty it up [...]
Bingo. Like I said, I like looking at hot women too, but the show stops dead in it's tracks when the divas show up now and pantomime getting horny for each other or pretend they're just DYING to show me their boobies. It gets old, I guess. Especially when all of the divas are exactly the same. If you read a recap of a RAW/SD/ECW show but left all of the divas names out, would you even be able to tell which one was which? I probably couldnt pick out one. They dont do anything to set themselves apart from the others.

Back in the "old" days with Sable, Jackie, Tori, Ivory, Miss Kitty, Stacy, etc, they all looked different and had different personalities, different "motivations", if you wheel. But not these chicks. Lita, Sharmell, vampire chick, Kelly, Maria, (I think I am missing one) all have unique looks, unique roles on their perspective shows, unique personalities. But with the rest of them (Trinity, Torrie, Candice, McCool, the other one, Crystal, whatsherface), you could swap those girls out with each other and I would barely notice.
flairforthegold13
Kishke
Level: 43

Posts: 287/411
EXP: 541858
For next: 23193

Since: 1.5.03
From: Gainesville, FL.

Since last post: 2551 days
Last activity: 2538 days
AIM:  
#15 Posted on 12.10.06 1823.39
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1823.49
It's true that a lot of the divas are underdeveloped as performers but:

-Krystal Marshall isn't getting enough credit. She's playing a damn good heel diva these days. She's not Sharmell, but she's doing a better job than any chick on Raw.

-Candice also has a weird, sexual charisma about her that could be harnessed to do something. Candice is totally not useless, doing well in skits, having passable matches and not being a complete waste of space.

-Kelly Kelly's gimmick is being a 19 exhibitionist too young to drink with a crush on CM Punk and with a possessive boyfriend. That's wayyyyy more character development than a lot of the male call-ups get. Seriously. I know more about Kelly Kelly's character than I know about Ken Kennedy.

But yeah, Francine: useless, and begone to the indy scene, peasant.

(edited by flairforthegold13 on 12.10.06 1624)
DirtyMikeSeaver
Boudin rouge
Level: 48

Posts: 264/508
EXP: 774552
For next: 48996

Since: 19.5.02
From: Toronto

Since last post: 5 hours
Last activity: 5 hours
#16 Posted on 12.10.06 1831.59
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1837.18
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    I watch ECW every week and enjoy the show for the most part. I just don't feel like posting about it, usually. In a nutshell, I like the two vampires, I like CM Punk, I think Show has been better than he's ever been, I'm amazed at Hardcore Holly, there's never enough Sandman, Dreamer, Sabu or RVD for me, and I won't miss Francine (tying the subject matter of this thread in peripherally.)

    I thought strip poker was all right. I was amused by the odd, goofy way they stopped playing poker all of a sudden to plug The Marine and awkwardly deliver their pre-written dialogue about how hot Cena and Batista are. And I don't believe for a second Candice or Maria were sans-nude colored pasties on their nipples and undercarriages. But you know, it was low brow and trashy and forced, but I like the Divas and I liked strip poker for what it was. Low brow, trashy, forced? Gee, I could actually also be describing professional wrestling!

    What I don't like is a lot of holier than thou complaining. It was one week where they did strip poker and it was what it was. It was entertaining if you approach it in the right mindset. We don't actually see that shit very often post-Attitude era. (Actually, if WWE did more stuff with the Divas like it, they might actually be better at it. That's my theory.) There's a women's title tournament going on with actual wrestling matches every week too. So we're getting the gamut of how to use the Divas. I like watching the Divas who can wrestle actually wrestle. But I sure don't mind the hot ones who can't showing off their bodies as much as basic cable will allow. I guess that's really my point.

    In closing, never liked Francine, won't miss her one bit. Although it amuses the hell out of me a couple of weeks ago there was a big wwe.com article about how happy everyone is that Francine was back on ECW TV, and then BOOM! she's gone.

      Originally posted by CRZ
      Say John, when was the last ECW show you watched? I ask because I didn't see any posts by you in recent ECW show threads, but you HAVE been pretty active in the TV forum*, so I'm wondering if you're actually aware of what you're arguing for.


      *for which I am grateful, don't get me wrong


      (edited by CRZ on 12.10.06 1607)




    (edited by John Orquiola on 12.10.06 1510)


The point about the divas and about the 'strip poker' was the fact that the WWE hypes it like it's a big deal that 'one of these girls might get naked' and expect people to get excited, tittlated or interested in it. Let's forget about the fact that you can see half of those divas naked with a google search engine. The fact is that the WWE is so out of touch to think that people would flock to it and *believe* someone would get naked is a little sad (bore out by the fact that it did a 1.7 and UFC did a 3.1). If I really wanted to see strip poker, I could go on pornotube.com search for it there or whatever porn site and see a LOT more than what you would see on the Sci-Fi network (not that I frequent those sites.... cough)

You mentioned about how people want to see workrate and not have girls trot out, but the thing is, I WANT to see wrestling. I watch it for that. When I watch porn, the last thing I want to see is during a DP scene, Chris Benoit and Finlay bust into the set and start hitting each other with chops. There's a time and place for everything and I'm sorry, when I watch wrestling, I want to see wrestling.
StaggerLee
Scrapple
Level: 141

Posts: 3161/6364
EXP: 33825375
For next: 294723

Since: 3.10.02
From: Right side of the tracks

Since last post: 23 hours
Last activity: 23 hours
#17 Posted on 12.10.06 1901.20
Reposted on: 12.10.13 1902.20
Which is exactly the reason WWE doesnt "get it" when the issue of the Diva's are concerned. Back in the day, Beullah or Francine were part of the story, not just some piece of tail paraded out for a bra and panties match.

T&A are fine, as long as they arent there for the sole purpose of being T&A.
CEOIII
Boudin rouge
Level: 48

Posts: 17/517
EXP: 789372
For next: 34176

Since: 25.7.02
From: Franklin, PA

Since last post: 13 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#18 Posted on 12.10.06 2025.43
Reposted on: 12.10.13 2026.26
    Originally posted by DirtyMikeSeaver
    When I watch porn, the last thing I want to see is during a DP scene, Chris Benoit and Finlay bust into the set and start hitting each other with chops.


Weirdest. Porno Idea. EVER.
Karlos the Jackal
Lap cheong
Level: 82

Posts: 810/1750
EXP: 5026123
For next: 183126

Since: 2.1.02
From: The City of Subdued Excitement

Since last post: 44 days
Last activity: 3 hours
#19 Posted on 12.10.06 2102.05
Reposted on: 12.10.13 2102.45
Trinity's capable of more -- she did a moonsault off the top of the cage at TNA's Lockdown 2005 and that was pretty awesome. Who knows what she'll get to do now.

--K

Tenken347
Boudin blanc
Level: 93

Posts: 1116/2460
EXP: 7993611
For next: 59229

Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 6 hours
Last activity: 6 hours
#20 Posted on 12.10.06 2140.50
Reposted on: 12.10.13 2141.43
    Originally posted by DJ FrostyFreeze
      Originally posted by Tenken347
      Besides, I've heard she's ridiculously hard to work with.
    With so many divas running around, I cant imagine any of them can afford to be hard to work with.


Well, apparently they can't.
Pages: 1 2 NextThread ahead: ECW 10-10-06
Next thread: RAW #698 10/9/06 "RAW Family Reunion"
Previous thread: Someone is "gunning" for a new job
(679 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Four Horsemen return at ECW { deleted by CRZ } - ECW 9/26/06 { deleted by Dexley's Midnight Jogger } - WWE signs Brad Armstrong - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Francine.........has left the bingo hallRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.297 seconds.