The W
Views: 95577739
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
17.4.07 1349
The 7 - Movies & TV - TV schedule shuffle begins
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
(279 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (9 total)
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 210

Posts: 8178/15935
EXP: 135114939
For next: 1340017

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#1 Posted on 6.10.06 1442.13
Reposted on: 6.10.13 1443.16
NBC is moving "Kidnapped" to Saturdays at 10/9 in two weeks. This moves it to the top of the list of "soon to be cancelled" guesses

The CW is juggling Sundays and Mondays in an effort to look more like UPN. (What?) When it's all said and done, "7th Heaven" and "Runaway" will follow the "Top Model" repeat on Sundays, and Mondays will consist of sitcom block "Everybody Hates Chris," "All of Us," "Girlfriends" and "The Game." Near as we can tell, "Friday Night Smackdown" will still air on Friday night...for now. ;-)

Finally, FOX is solidifying its post-baseball schedule, announcing that the Tuesday lineup will now go "Standoff," THEN "House." "Justice" moves to Mondays. "The Rich List," a game show, will debut on Wednesdays following "Bones." "Trading Spouses" will return on Fridays and be joined by "Vanished." I THINK Thursday is unchanged with "'til Death," "Happy Hour" and "The O.C." Got all that?
Promote this thread!
Matt Tracker
Scrapple
Level: 123

Posts: 1849/4749
EXP: 20690306
For next: 541020

Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#2 Posted on 6.10.06 1455.28
Reposted on: 6.10.13 1456.21
    Originally posted by CRZ
    NBC is moving "Kidnapped" to Saturdays at 10/9 in two weeks. This moves it to the top of the list of "soon to be cancelled" guesses


I read that the network has told the series producers to wrap up the storylines within 13 episodes.
SchippeWreck
Banger
Level: 95

Posts: 1049/2589
EXP: 8373162
For next: 295476

Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 23 hours
Last activity: 4 hours
#3 Posted on 6.10.06 1526.50
Reposted on: 6.10.13 1527.10
    Originally posted by Matt Tracker
      Originally posted by CRZ
      NBC is moving "Kidnapped" to Saturdays at 10/9 in two weeks. This moves it to the top of the list of "soon to be cancelled" guesses


    I read that the network has told the series producers to wrap up the storylines within 13 episodes.

Yeah, it's done and I'm pissed. I guess we'll get an ending, but it's bittersweet.

And now Smith is gone too??!!! DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!

(edited by SchippeWreck on 6.10.06 1332)
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 210

Posts: 8179/15935
EXP: 135114939
For next: 1340017

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on 6.10.06 1536.00
Reposted on: 6.10.13 1536.11
    Originally posted by SchippeWreck
    And now Smith is gone too??!!! DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!
Wow - can't believe I missed THAT. (Although I have managed to miss all three episodes - I wonder if Mark's still watching it)
The Big Kat
Kishke
Level: 43

Posts: 361/396
EXP: 527394
For next: 37657

Since: 11.1.02
From: Austin, TX

Since last post: 272 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#5 Posted on 6.10.06 1601.36
Reposted on: 6.10.13 1601.43

The article above mentions that shows like Friday Night Lights are struggling. It's only shown one episode! It continually amazes me how this process works with network executives or whoever is in charge of cancelling shows. Like cancelling Arrested, but leaving War at Home on the air. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Whatever happened to giving a show a chance to build an audience?
odessasteps
Scrapple
Level: 128

Posts: 2329/5056
EXP: 24084044
For next: 297722

Since: 2.1.02
From: MD, USA

Since last post: 22 days
Last activity: 7 hours
#6 Posted on 7.10.06 1155.17
Reposted on: 7.10.13 1157.08
    Originally posted by CRZ
      Originally posted by SchippeWreck
      And now Smith is gone too??!!! DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!
    Wow - can't believe I missed THAT. (Although I have managed to miss all three episodes - I wonder if Mark's still watching it)


nope. the promos I saw during football didn't do anything to make me want to watch it again.

Plus, having the Centre Ice package is going to drastically cut into my regular TV watching.
Cerebus
Knackwurst
Level: 107

Posts: 1839/3443
EXP: 13043848
For next: 47505

Since: 17.11.02

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 1 hour
#7 Posted on 7.10.06 1214.37
Reposted on: 7.10.13 1215.17
What I find amazing is that shows starring Ray Liotta and Timothy Hutton, who are both pretty decent actors, gets shit-canned after a few episodes each, yet a show starring Patrick (Fucking) Dempsey who's best known for being in some really shitty movies like RUN, MEATBALLS 3, and CAN'T BUY ME LOVE can somehow carry a show to high ratings.

It's like the first few seasons of ER with George Clooney who was, at the time, best known for THE FACTS OF LIFE and RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES.

The majority of people who watch television are pretty fucked in the head, if you ask me.
geemoney
Scrapple
Level: 111

Posts: 2003/3756
EXP: 14737421
For next: 130985

Since: 26.1.03
From: Naples, FL

Since last post: 16 hours
Last activity: 3 hours
AIM:  
#8 Posted on 7.10.06 1550.01
Reposted on: 7.10.13 1551.27
    Originally posted by Cerebus
    What I find amazing is that shows starring Ray Liotta and Timothy Hutton, who are both pretty decent actors, gets shit-canned after a few episodes each, yet a show starring Patrick (Fucking) Dempsey who's best known for being in some really shitty movies like RUN, MEATBALLS 3, and CAN'T BUY ME LOVE can somehow carry a show to high ratings.

    It's like the first few seasons of ER with George Clooney who was, at the time, best known for THE FACTS OF LIFE and RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES.

    The majority of people who watch television are pretty fucked in the head, if you ask me.

I don't know if I'd compare movies to TV, but generally, it's about the stories, and not who's acting in them. From what I've read in reviews, "Smith" was pretty bad, whether Ray Liotta is a good actor or not.
Mayhem
Scrapple
Level: 109

Posts: 2671/3623
EXP: 13809418
For next: 150272

Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 1 day
#9 Posted on 7.10.06 1738.56
Reposted on: 7.10.13 1740.21
    Originally posted by The Big Kat

    The article above mentions that shows like Friday Night Lights are struggling. It's only shown one episode! It continually amazes me how this process works with network executives or whoever is in charge of cancelling shows. Like cancelling Arrested, but leaving War at Home on the air. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Whatever happened to giving a show a chance to build an audience?


And I really like the "Friday Night Lights" series. Figures it's struggling ... that's why I'm so heistant about getting hooked on new shows ... they usually get shit-canned.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Heroes - 10/2/06
Next thread: House, M.D. #50 - "Lines in the Sand"
Previous thread: Liar [The Office, 10/5]
(279 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Television Critics Announce Award Nominees - TV NEWS!!! - DEATHWATCH v2 - More...
The 7 - Movies & TV - TV schedule shuffle beginsRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.18 seconds.