Since last post: 1075 days Last activity: 596 days
#1 Posted on 17.9.06 0342.33 Reposted on: 17.9.13 0343.56
Because my stupid ass passed out on the couch this afternoon while watching "The Bad Sleep Well," I'm wide awake at a ridiculous hour and feel the need to post results for a show that me and five other people on this board are going NUTS for while everyone else is rolling their eyes.
Man, I wish I could've made it to this show. Brian P. Dermody, the amount of envy I have for you is going to send me straight to Hell.
* Davey Richards def. Jack Evans.
* Bruno Sammartino came out to address the crowd. He mentioned that most people in the building weren't even alive when he retired, slammed WWE without mentioning WWE specifically, and praised Ring of Honor. Afterwards, Samoa Joe had a big pull-apart brawl with Takeshi Morishima (who was there with two other Pro Wrestling NOAH stars to sign autographs).
* Adam Pearce def. Delirious. Shane Hagadorn interfered to cost Delirious the match, and Adam Pearce revealed that Hagadorn was his new "man servant." WHAT A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH! The Four HorseWHO, I say.
* Jimmy Jacobs def. Christopher Daniels & Colt Cabana in a Three-Way Dance. Apparently the story was that Lacey wanted Jacobs to help Cabana (the guy who she's sleeping with in storyline) to win, but Jacobs ended up getting the win anyway.
* Jim Cornette came out with the Briscoes and cut a heel promo on Homicide and New York City. Cornette said that Homicide had to win the match tonight to get his promised ROH Title Shot in December (which one's gotta assume will be in New York). Samoa Joe and Homicide came out to brawl with the Briscoes which led into the next scheduled match...
* Samoa Joe & Homicide def. Jay & Mark Briscoe. Homicide got the win with the Cop Killa. Cornette said that Homicide will get his shot, but indicated it's not going to be an easy road to December.
* Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli def. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong to win the ROH World Tag Titles. KINGS REIGN SUPREME! I figured they had to get the belts off Aries & Strong with Aries re-appearing in TNA to what looks like a pretty decent push starting at "Bound for Glory." Hero and Castagnoli are both good heels, so it should definitely be a fun run with them holding the belts.
* Naomichi Marifuji def. Nigel McGuinness to retain the GHC Heavyweight Title. Supposedly an awesome match.
* Bryan Danielson def. KENTA to retain the ROH World Title. Looks like Dragon's holding onto the belt for at least a few more weeks.
Thoughts from reading various results: - I'm really liking the Jacobs/Lacey angle. I'm hoping, though, that they end up taking the more interesting route - make Jimmy look like a complete stalker and eventually go all psycho-heel. Mostly because...well, people just aren't going to boo Cabana and/or cheer Lacey. - I'm totally hyped now to see Marifuji vs. McGuinness. Mostly because I'm what I call a PUMM (Pathetic and Unapologetic McGuinness Mark). - Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I'm convinced that Danielson's injury is being exaggerated as part of a work and to get him over more as champion. I don't doubt he's legit injured, just wonder if it's as bad as he (and ROH) claim it is. - ROH should bring in Heidenreich and align him with Pearce and Hagadorn just so they can lay claim to having the Crappiest Stable Ever. - Overall, the show looks very good on paper. I'm hoping that when the DVD is released it'll be as good as I think it will.
More detailed results (and another person's arbitrary star rating system) HERE (WrestlingObserver.com)
Since last post: 2005 days Last activity: 1428 days
#2 Posted on 17.9.06 1639.20 Reposted on: 17.9.13 1641.58
I was up in the balcony, Dep, so I saw everything.
- The three way match was booked splendidly, as Lacey was getting upset any time Jacobs went after Cabana. Cabana responded by daring Jacobs to hit him... Jacobs also did a lot of emo boy sulking and Cabana's comedy stuff was a lot of fun. Finish looked like JJ was going to show a little bit of spine. Maybe later.
- I have a soft spot for Hagadorn, because he looks exactly like my little brother. I don't think much of Pearce, but I think Hagadorn will make a good toady.
- The next NY show is Final Battle 06 on 23 Dec.
- McGuinness/ Marafuji was Match of the Night, in my opinion. With KENTA/ Danielson being a deadly close second.
- Chris Hero must be the best heel in the world right now, because I know what he's doing on a logical level and I still can't fucking stand him.
#3 Posted on 17.9.06 2134.33 Reposted on: 17.9.13 2135.58
Sounds like an awesome show. Dissapointed that Aries and Strong dropped the straps since Aries is my favorite wrestler, but I think Hero and Castognoli will be great heel champs. I completely forgot that Aries was back/going to be back in TNA so I guess it's logical...
The way they had been pushing KENTA all year, I wouldn't have been suprised if he won the belt especially with Dragon getting injured. Now I just have to wonder who will finally beat him, maybe Homicide at Final Battle 2006? I've been purposely trying to avoid much for ROH spoilers so that it's more of a suprise when the DVDs come out, so I assume Homicide is still involved in the vs managment angle.
#4 Posted on 18.9.06 0948.11 Reposted on: 18.9.13 0949.25
After reading these results, I conclude that working overnight stinks. I really wanted to travel up to this show. But this is the first ever ROH DVD that I will purchase as soon as I can. Being a huge KOW (Kings of Wrestling) mark from their days in CZW, I'm jazzed they were given the tag belts, especially as Claudio had been playing JTTS basically for the last few months after the end of the ROH/CZW feud.
I thought Marufuji/Danielson was great last year, but I think this match with Nigel might top it, if what I read about it is true.
I'm so geeking out over a Samoa Joe/Morishima feud and possible match. Would it be too much to ask that they do it either in Philly or in Edison, NJ in November (two shows I do plan on attending)?
Just to not be 100 percent Rohbotish (I'm sure this is a word...um...), Shane Hagadorn sucks. He really does.
(edited by Torchslasher on 18.9.06 0749)
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE