The W
Views: 100738439
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
22.11.07 1756
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Who else thinks Cena is going to Smackdown? Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1 2 Next(733 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (24 total)
majikx
Haggis
Level: 17

Posts: 9/51
EXP: 21125
For next: 3618

Since: 6.9.05
From: Elizabethtown

Since last post: 2495 days
Last activity: 2490 days
#1 Posted on 6.9.06 1633.37
Reposted on: 6.9.13 1635.05
Unforgiven is on the 17th, the very next Smackdown is on the 22nd, which just happens to be there Season Premiere. Seems to be a great way to pop a rating and make the transition from Edge/Cena and DX/McMahons to Edge/HHH. I can totally see Edge cheating to keep the belt and sending Cena packing, then DX wins the Cell match but Micheals is left as a bloody pulp giving him time off for surgery/break. Then Smackdown gets some much needed star power to boost interest in their show. Now lets see how long it takes HHH to make Edge job out the belt.
Promote this thread!
Big Bad
Scrapple
Level: 146

Posts: 4076/6749
EXP: 38034028
For next: 479358

Since: 4.1.02
From: Dorchester, Ontario

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 4 hours
#2 Posted on 6.9.06 2245.18
Reposted on: 6.9.13 2246.05
This would be a great move to help Smackdown get over its injury woes, and if they actually kept Cena on SD rather than it being a short-term move until the draft, it sets up a couple of potential money-maker main events for Wrestlemania (Cena-Batista or Cena-Undertaker). They can program Edge against Kane or Carlito or someone to keep him away from Triple H to set up the Raw WM main event.

I think SD would have to send someone over to Raw to make up the babyface deficit, however. Maybe Rey, to get him away from that horrible Chavo angle? Or maybe a returning Chris Benoit?
chazworthington
Cotechino
Level: 22

Posts: 76/86
EXP: 54131
For next: 4220

Since: 12.4.02
From: Joisey

Since last post: 2391 days
Last activity: 2369 days
AIM:  
#3 Posted on 6.9.06 2324.20
Reposted on: 6.9.13 2324.38
I'd love to see Cena move to Smackdown since as already mentioned this would balance out the rosters a little bit and would allow for (maybe) HHH/Edge and Cena/Batista as the most likely Mania matches.

But I don't think it's going to happen. Cena's movie is coming out, and having him on the higher rated wrestling program makes more sense. WWE clearly wants him as the top face, and I don't see them assigning their "top draw" to Smackdown. Finally, the match at Unforgiven is doing the "[Face wrestler] has to overcome the hometown advantage, is wrestling [Heel wrestler]'s signature match, will go to the #2 show if he loses and has to overcome his fear of clowns". Isn't the face suppose to win "in spite of everything?" I'm thinking Austin/Dude Love from Over the Edge 1998 here.

Again, not that I don't think moving Cena to Smackdown is a bad thing. Just why I don't think it will happen. That's a discussion for another thread
Peter The Hegemon
Lap cheong
Level: 78

Posts: 435/1624
EXP: 4292872
For next: 89373

Since: 11.2.03
From: Hackettstown, NJ

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 2 days
#4 Posted on 7.9.06 0046.02
Reposted on: 7.9.13 0046.21
    Originally posted by Big Bad


    I think SD would have to send someone over to Raw to make up the babyface deficit, however. Maybe Rey, to get him away from that horrible Chavo angle? Or maybe a returning Chris Benoit?


Smackdown send someone over to Raw? Haven't they lost enough talent already? I think Raw's fine--they'd certainly have more marketable faces than SD even if Cena jumps--but if they need a new face, they can turn somebody. But, really, there would be HHH, Carlito, Kane, HBK, plus the midcard guys and the legends such as Flair (and probably someone I'm forgetting!). No problem.

In any event, Rey's going to be out for a while getting his knee fixed, I do believe.
Big G
Potato korv
Level: 53

Posts: 279/664
EXP: 1097025
For next: 60101

Since: 21.8.03
From: the people who brought you Steel Magnolias....

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 1 hour
#5 Posted on 7.9.06 0120.01
Reposted on: 7.9.13 0120.02
I don't think Cena will go to SD, pretty much in agreement with these reasons and the way the feud has gone down.
    Originally posted by chazworthington

    Cena's movie is coming out, and having him on the higher rated wrestling program makes more sense. WWE clearly wants him as the top face, and I don't see them assigning their "top draw" to Smackdown. Finally, the match at Unforgiven is doing the "[Face wrestler] has to overcome the hometown advantage, is wrestling [Heel wrestler]'s signature match, will go to the #2 show if he loses


But that said, I also thought:

  • Rey would not win the Royal Rumble
  • Rey would not win the heavyweight belt/strap
  • Cena would not beat HHH at 'mania
  • Lesnar leaving was a work


    So you know. Anything can happen in the WWE!!
  • kentish
    Andouille
    Level: 85

    Posts: 218/2164
    EXP: 5854440
    For next: 44124

    Since: 19.8.05
    From: My Old Kentucky Home

    Since last post: 1 day
    Last activity: 1 day
    #6 Posted on 7.9.06 0924.45
    Reposted on: 7.9.13 0927.27
    I hope he does go to SD! so I won't have to watch him anymore.
    And there is no need to ship someone over to Raw, SD! needs star power and to just get rid of one of their bgger names would defeat the purpose of moving Cena in the first place. There are plenty of stars on Raw to make up for HBK if he is out, just elevate Carlito already!
    The only guy I can think of to move from SD! is 'Taker. On paper it looks like an even trade for Cena, but in reality, he is only a part time performer anyway, and SD! would not be losing much.

    Mayhem
    Scrapple
    Level: 110

    Posts: 2625/3648
    EXP: 14328895
    For next: 80037

    Since: 25.4.03
    From: Nashville, TN

    Since last post: 25 days
    Last activity: 2 days
    #7 Posted on 7.9.06 1132.54
    Reposted on: 7.9.13 1133.29
      Originally posted by kentish
      The only guy I can think of to move from SD! is 'Taker. On paper it looks like an even trade for Cena, but in reality, he is only a part time performer anyway, and SD! would not be losing much.


    I would like to see 'Taker have one good last run on RAW. Based on his matches with Angle, I think a 'Taker/Edge feud would be very entertaining.
    kentish
    Andouille
    Level: 85

    Posts: 219/2164
    EXP: 5854440
    For next: 44124

    Since: 19.8.05
    From: My Old Kentucky Home

    Since last post: 1 day
    Last activity: 1 day
    #8 Posted on 7.9.06 1541.03
    Reposted on: 7.9.13 1541.18
    Agreed, I have to say that the Angle-Taker match at No Way Out was the best of the year so far for WWE. Even their rematch on SD! was solid until the horrible, but inevitable Mark Henry run-in.
    Oliver
    Scrapple
    Level: 127

    Posts: 2334/4954
    EXP: 23489880
    For next: 236751

    Since: 20.6.02
    From: #YEG

    Since last post: 1 hour
    Last activity: 9 min.
    #9 Posted on 7.9.06 1811.22
    Reposted on: 7.9.13 1812.06
    You gotta admit: having Teddy Long turn on Cena, cause him to lose his match against Edge, and basically FORCE him to come to Smackdown would be one hella cool storyline. It's be one great tweener role for Long: He'd say he's all Smackdown, but wants to do anything to see it become the best brand: no other way to do that than signing the former champ, right? Heck, it could be a tween turn for Cena, too.

    I think Smackdown could use Cena more than Raw could. Raw has a stronger roster right now, so a few extra faces on Smackdown would really do them well.

    Though...I would love to see Cena go heel again, but that won't happen with THE MARINE come out.

    Oh, and concerning the movie: there was coverage for SEE NO EVIL on Smackdown, even though Kane was on Raw, so does it really matter what show the superstar is on?
    KaneRobot
    Morcilla
    Level: 52

    Posts: 613/631
    EXP: 1081408
    For next: 2440

    Since: 24.2.02
    From: Bowels

    Since last post: 2455 days
    Last activity: 1748 days
    #10 Posted on 8.9.06 0812.43
    Reposted on: 8.9.13 0812.47
      Originally posted by Oliver
      having Teddy Long turn on Cena, cause him to lose his match against Edge, and basically FORCE him to come to Smackdown would be one hella cool storyline.


    This idea wins.

    Edge and Cena both need to move on. I'd guess they want to build to Edge vs. Underaker at Wrestlemania, or, if Edge still has the belt by then, Edge vs. HHH.
    kentish
    Andouille
    Level: 85

    Posts: 220/2164
    EXP: 5854440
    For next: 44124

    Since: 19.8.05
    From: My Old Kentucky Home

    Since last post: 1 day
    Last activity: 1 day
    #11 Posted on 8.9.06 0825.37
    Reposted on: 8.9.13 0825.37
    This scenario would be cool, it makes Cena seem sympathetic, and not just the loser of the match. However, I'm not sure I am ready for yet another rebel vs. boss angle. But I only catch SD! about once a month, so I can't really say much.
    Actually, Edge vs Undertaker at Mania in an undefeated vs undefeated streak would be cool. Doubt it would be for the belt though, because you know who is going over in that one.
    Plus HHH has to wrestle for the belt at Mania every year, right? I think it's in his contract.
    majikx
    Haggis
    Level: 17

    Posts: 11/51
    EXP: 21125
    For next: 3618

    Since: 6.9.05
    From: Elizabethtown

    Since last post: 2495 days
    Last activity: 2490 days
    #12 Posted on 8.9.06 1147.34
    Reposted on: 8.9.13 1147.39
    Its easy to rag on HHH, but he does put on a hell of a show when it counts, and he has jobbed in way more Wrestlemanias than he has won. I think he has finally realized he does not need the belt to be over. The guys that need it the most are Edge, Orton, and Booker T. If Cena goes, and HBK sticks around, I bet Orton feuds with HBK to set up HHH/Orton after Edge/HHH. That should take care of eveything up until the Rumble in January.
    kentish
    Andouille
    Level: 85

    Posts: 222/2164
    EXP: 5854440
    For next: 44124

    Since: 19.8.05
    From: My Old Kentucky Home

    Since last post: 1 day
    Last activity: 1 day
    #13 Posted on 8.9.06 1401.22
    Reposted on: 8.9.13 1402.58
    I am not a HHH hater by any means, but the fact do seem to speak for themselves. HHH has not held the belt since Mania 2005, but it still seems like he is not in the title mix only if he chooses not to be. He has been in a title match "main event" every year this decade at WM except for one, but that was still a huge match up vs. Taker. Most of those matches are good, but it says a lot. And even if you lose, you still get the huge main event bonus, right?
    And last year he lost to Batista at Mania, then headlined the next 2 Raw PPVs in re-matches. He then took off 4 months, feuded with Flair, and then jumped right back into the title mix in time for Mania. Don't be shocked if the same thing happens this year.
    Sadly, I can't really picture anything else besides Edge vs HHH for WM 23.
    Spank E
    Boudin rouge
    Level: 47

    Posts: 247/489
    EXP: 741903
    For next: 24306

    Since: 2.1.02
    From: Plymouth, UK

    Since last post: 19 days
    Last activity: 4 hours
    #14 Posted on 8.9.06 1840.49
    Reposted on: 8.9.13 1843.21
    To be honest, I'd like to see a decent HHH face run as champion. It'd be a novelty. I'm sure he would have had a decent one in 2002 if it weren't for WWE going on a nostalgia trip.
    OlFuzzyBastard
    Knackwurst
    Level: 103

    Posts: 2490/3031
    EXP: 11307065
    For next: 164380

    Since: 28.4.02
    From: Pittsburgh, PA

    Since last post: 26 days
    Last activity: 18 hours
    AIM:  
    #15 Posted on 8.9.06 2340.46
    Reposted on: 8.9.13 2344.28
    I thought it was just a swerve until Booker retained the title on Smackdown tonight. Now I get the feeling that he'll be dropping it at No Mercy to Cena. (Especially with Taker fighting Kennedy, Batista likely fighting Finlay and Rey still mixed up with Chavo - who else is he going to fight unless they're ready to give the ball to Bobby Lashley? Benoit's not due back yet, right?)
    Freeway
    Scrapple
    Level: 110

    Posts: 3336/3504
    EXP: 14228707
    For next: 180225

    Since: 3.1.02
    From: Calgary

    Since last post: 335 days
    Last activity: 23 days
    #16 Posted on 9.9.06 0002.16
    Reposted on: 9.9.13 0003.07
      Originally posted by OlFuzzyBastard
      I thought it was just a swerve until Booker retained the title on Smackdown tonight. Now I get the feeling that he'll be dropping it at No Mercy to Cena. (Especially with Taker fighting Kennedy, Batista likely fighting Finlay and Rey still mixed up with Chavo - who else is he going to fight unless they're ready to give the ball to Bobby Lashley? Benoit's not due back yet, right?)


    Benoit's expected back just before the season premiere.
    slmon
    Medisterpoelse
    Level: 3

    Posts: 1/1
    EXP: 54
    For next: 74

    Since: 9.9.06
    From: Canada

    Since last post: 2996 days
    Last activity: 2969 days
    #17 Posted on 9.9.06 0917.10
    Reposted on: 9.9.13 0921.19
      Originally posted by Big Bad
      This would be a great move to help Smackdown get over its injury woes, and if they actually kept Cena on SD rather than it being a short-term move until the draft, it sets up a couple of potential money-maker main events for Wrestlemania (Cena-Batista or Cena-Undertaker). They can program Edge against Kane or Carlito or someone to keep him away from Triple H to set up the Raw WM main event.

      I think SD would have to send someone over to Raw to make up the babyface deficit, however. Maybe Rey, to get him away from that horrible Chavo angle? Or maybe a returning Chris Benoit?


    Raw never compensates SD when Raw (and now ECW) steals from them, ie witness Randy Orton, Angle and Super Crazy as examples. I can see Cena maybe being sent over briefly to pop ratings on the new network, but he'd be sent back pretty quickly to the "flagship" (ugh, I loathe JR) show within about 6 months.

    (edited by slmon on 9.9.06 0917)
    Oliver
    Scrapple
    Level: 127

    Posts: 2338/4954
    EXP: 23489880
    For next: 236751

    Since: 20.6.02
    From: #YEG

    Since last post: 1 hour
    Last activity: 9 min.
    #18 Posted on 9.9.06 0921.03
    Reposted on: 9.9.13 0922.34
      Originally posted by Spank E
      To be honest, I'd like to see a decent HHH face run as champion. It'd be a novelty. I'm sure he would have had a decent one in 2002 if it weren't for WWE going on a nostalgia trip.
    I second that. If for two reasons: I hate HHH a heel, and second...I'm not sure it's something we've seen in a long time, if ever. Considering all the HHH bashing...I don't hate HHH. I just dislike him when he's a heel. It's boring.

    Oh yeah, I never expect WWE to acknowledge past storylines, but perhaps they could dredge up one instance in the past...I recall when Cena attacked Long and gave him the FU, saying that if he wasn't part of the solution, he was part of the problem...? Teddy Long, the FACE, never did hit back, or anything...but maybe Teddy Long, the TWEENER would. This could be that chance.

    Cena/Batista would be money. They WWE should have done that when they were both champions and both on the same show.

    (edited by Oliver on 9.9.06 0833)
    rv581
    Goetta
    Level: 38

    Posts: 201/306
    EXP: 353977
    For next: 16473

    Since: 2.12.02

    Since last post: 1513 days
    Last activity: 683 days
    #19 Posted on 9.9.06 1225.47
    Reposted on: 9.9.13 1227.20
    Ya know, if they do go with Edge vs. Taker at 'Mania, they should make it a TLC match.

    Edge's undefeated streak in TLC matches vs. Taker's 'Mania undefeated streak would give the bout a cool little storyline. Sorta a (very) poorman's version of Andre's undefeated streak against some muscle-bound dude whose name escapes me back in WM III...
    hansen9j
    Andouille
    Level: 86

    Posts: 145/2012
    EXP: 5985070
    For next: 157061

    Since: 7.11.02
    From: Riderville, SK

    Since last post: 10 days
    Last activity: 7 hours
    #20 Posted on 9.9.06 1330.16
    Reposted on: 9.9.13 1330.59
      Originally posted by rv581
      Ya know, if they do go with Edge vs. Taker at 'Mania, they should make it a TLC match.

      Edge's undefeated streak in TLC matches vs. Taker's 'Mania undefeated streak would give the bout a cool little storyline. Sorta a (very) poorman's version of Andre's undefeated streak against some muscle-bound dude whose name escapes me back in WM III...


    Edge also has a Mania undefeated streak. And he has lost a TLC before (III, the one with the Canadian Chrises).
    Pages: 1 2 NextThread ahead: MVP fax to WWE.com
    Next thread: Your DEATH VALLEY DRIVER VIDEO REVIEW #160!
    Previous thread: WWE Salary Cap game
    (733 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
    Related threads: WWE 2006 Q1 2006 (T) Results - Kurt Angle "granted early release" - The Not-So-Masterpiece - More...
    The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Who else thinks Cena is going to Smackdown?Register and log in to post!

    The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

    ZimBoard
    ©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
    This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.294 seconds.