The W
Views: 112110311
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
30.4.09 1349
The 7 - Movies & TV - Lost will go on a 13 week hiatus ... 6 weeks after fall premeire
This thread has 3 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
(1394 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (7 total)
Mayhem
Scrapple
Level: 112

Posts: 2556/3661
EXP: 15273191
For next: 65062

Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 2 days
#1 Posted on 19.7.06 1000.37
Reposted on: 19.7.13 1003.50

E! Online is reporting (eonline.com) that 6 weeks after the 3rd season premiere on October 4th , Lost will go on a winter hiatus for 13 weeks.

Man, this really sucks hardcore. I hate it when the networks pull these shenanigans.
Promote this thread!
Mr Shh
Bratwurst
Level: 75

Posts: 517/1401
EXP: 3790535
For next: 36386

Since: 9.1.02
From: Monmouth County, NJ

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 days
#2 Posted on 19.7.06 1009.01
Reposted on: 19.7.13 1009.42
Yeah, but no repeats, baby....eighteen episodes (or however many) uninterrupted after the hiatus. A zillion times better than last season.
pieman
As young as
he feels
Level: 114

Posts: 2317/3687
EXP: 16227481
For next: 82136

Since: 11.12.01
From: China, Maine

Since last post: 11 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#3 Posted on 19.7.06 1032.52
Reposted on: 19.7.13 1033.14
    Originally posted by Mr Shh
    Yeah, but no repeats, baby....eighteen episodes (or however many) uninterrupted after the hiatus. A zillion times better than last season.


I don't think this is new news, though.

I would rather they do it this way, then the seemingly random way repeats would pop up for a week or two in between new episodes.
Big Bad
Scrapple
Level: 150

Posts: 4035/6952
EXP: 41921486
For next: 386302

Since: 4.1.02
From: Dorchester, Ontario

Since last post: 1 day
Last activity: 12 hours
#4 Posted on 19.7.06 1411.40
Reposted on: 19.7.13 1411.46
This is a vast improvement over last year, but part of me still wishes they had just blatantly copied 24 and not started the season until January. I could've waited the extra three months if it meant I would've gotten my beloved Lost uninterrupted for four months
John Orquiola
Scrapple
Level: 124

Posts: 164/4479
EXP: 21564241
For next: 272421

Since: 28.2.02
From: Boston

Since last post: 671 days
Last activity: 671 days
#5 Posted on 19.7.06 1421.52
Reposted on: 19.7.13 1422.05
Seriously, Mayhem, quit complaining, this is a good plan. You still get Lost in the fall with no repeats for 6 weeks. There'll be a big honking cliffhanger that will rock your socks off and leave you salivatin' for February. And then when they do come back, 16 more weeks straight with no repeats. Sounds pretty good to me.

I'm glad YOU can wait but ABC, the people footing the bills, see things differently. They don't want to be without Lost during November sweeps. This way, they get Lost on the air during every sweeps period with major episodes in November (cliffhanger), the return episode (February) and the finale (May).

Again: NO RERUNS. Good planning, ABC.

    Originally posted by Big Bad
    This is a vast improvement over last year,

    I could've waited the extra three months if it meant I would've gotten my beloved Lost uninterrupted for four months


(edited by John Orquiola on 19.7.06 1222)
EddieBurkett
Boudin blanc
Level: 95

Posts: 1530/2424
EXP: 8631964
For next: 36674

Since: 3.1.02
From: GA in person, NJ in heart

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 44 sec.
#6 Posted on 19.7.06 1506.47
Reposted on: 19.7.13 1511.23
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    They don't want to be without Lost during November sweeps. This way, they get Lost on the air during every sweeps period with major episodes in November (cliffhanger), the return episode (February) and the finale (May).


According to zap2it (zap2it.com), the specific reason that they scheduled Lost as they did was to help launch The Nine in the Invasion/Evidence timeslot.
Mayhem
Scrapple
Level: 112

Posts: 2559/3661
EXP: 15273191
For next: 65062

Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 2 days
#7 Posted on 19.7.06 2103.16
Reposted on: 19.7.13 2108.11
    Originally posted by John Orquiola
    Seriously, Mayhem, quit complaining, this is a good plan. You still get Lost in the fall with no repeats for 6 weeks. There'll be a big honking cliffhanger that will rock your socks off and leave you salivatin' for February. And then when they do come back, 16 more weeks straight with no repeats. Sounds pretty good to me.

    I'm glad YOU can wait but ABC, the people footing the bills, see things differently. They don't want to be without Lost during November sweeps. This way, they get Lost on the air during every sweeps period with major episodes in November (cliffhanger), the return episode (February) and the finale (May).

    Again: NO RERUNS. Good planning, ABC.

      Originally posted by Big Bad
      This is a vast improvement over last year,

      I could've waited the extra three months if it meant I would've gotten my beloved Lost uninterrupted for four months


    (edited by John Orquiola on 19.7.06 1222)


That's your opinion ... I was just stating facts & then how I felt about them. I prefer having repeats here & there to possibly catch an episode that my DVR screwed up (which happened last season).
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Pirates of The Carribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest
Next thread: Clerks 2 drives Joel Seigel insane
Previous thread: USA bringing back "Nashville Star" for a fifth season
(1394 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Map of the Lost World - Walt's warning(s) revisited - 5/24 - Live Together, Die Alone - More...
The 7 - Movies & TV - Lost will go on a 13 week hiatus ... 6 weeks after fall premeireRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2015 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.339 seconds.