The W
Views: 97829910
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
31.7.07 0025
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - History of the WWE Championship DVD
This thread has 2 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
(776 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (8 total)
Destrucity
Boerewors
Level: 39

Posts: 244/339
EXP: 382342
For next: 22433

Since: 21.4.04
From: New York, NY, USA

Since last post: 2812 days
Last activity: 2720 days
#1 Posted on 23.5.06 0048.33
Reposted on: 23.5.13 0048.42
I've never bought a wrestling DVD (or, in fact, any DVD), and honestly, I probably won't buy this one. But is it just me, or does this look like far and away the greatest DVD set ever? From Inside Pulse via the Observer:

Disc One...
- Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff
- Bruno Sammartino vs. George Steele (cage match)
- Bruno Sammartino vs. Stan Hansen
- Bruno Sammartino vs. Ken Patera
- Bob Backlund vs. Superstar Billy Graham
- Bruno Sammartino vs. Superstar Billy Graham
- Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson (cage match)
- Bruno Sammartino vs. Greg Valentine

Disc Two...
- Bob Backlund vs. Harley Race (WWF title vs. NWA title)
- The Iron Shiek vs. Hulk Hogan
- Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy (cage match, WrestleMania II)
- Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff (cage match, SNME)
- Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III and SNME)
- Randy Savage vs. Ted Dibiase (WrestleMania IV)
- Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan (WrestleMania V)

Disc Three...
- Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior (WrestleMania VI)
- Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan (WrestleMania VII)
- Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage (WrestleMania VIII)
- Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (cage match, SummerSlam '94)
- Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog (In Your House 5)
- Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (iron man, WrestleMania XII)
- Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (Good Friends, Better Enemies)
- Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind (Mind Games)
- Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin (WrestleMania XIV)
- Steve Austin vs. Dude Love (street fight, Over The Edge)
- Mankind vs. The Rock (I Quit, Royal Rumble '99)
- The Rock vs. Mankind (empty arena match)

Disc Four...
- Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (street fight, Royal Rumble '00)
- The Rock vs. Kurt Angle (No Mercy '00)
- Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WrestleMania XVII)
- Steve Austin vs. Chris Jericho (unification match, Vengeance '01)
- The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle (King Of The Ring '02)
- The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar (SummerSlam '02)
- Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Royal Rumble '03)
- Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero (No Way Out '04)
- John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian (Vengeance '05)
- John Cena vs. Edge (Royal Rumble '06)

Dear God, look at this thing! Can I possibly avoid owning this?
Promote this thread!
SchippeWreck
Banger
Level: 96

Posts: 971/2633
EXP: 8697813
For next: 291006

Since: 26.3.03
From: Glendale, CA

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 11 hours
#2 Posted on 23.5.06 0121.39
Reposted on: 23.5.13 0122.23
How many DVDs has the Iron Man match been on now? And this officially marks the 274th release of the Foley matches.

That said...I'll probably still buy it.
Oliver
Scrapple
Level: 126

Posts: 2205/4895
EXP: 22777899
For next: 306268

Since: 20.6.02
From: #YEG

Since last post: 22 hours
Last activity: 22 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#3 Posted on 23.5.06 0122.50
Reposted on: 23.5.13 0124.43
If these are full matches, I'm SO there.

However, if they're bits and pieces of the matches, then no thanks.
Tyler Durden
Frankfurter
Level: 58

Posts: 219/855
EXP: 1543437
For next: 34118

Since: 22.2.04
From: Frankfurt, Germany

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 10 hours
#4 Posted on 23.5.06 0550.20
Reposted on: 23.5.13 0552.59
    Originally posted by Destrucity
    I've never bought a wrestling DVD (or, in fact, any DVD), and honestly, I probably won't buy this one. But is it just me, or does this look like far and away the greatest DVD set ever? From Inside Pulse via the Observer:

    Disc One...
    - Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff
    - Bruno Sammartino vs. George Steele (cage match)
    - Bruno Sammartino vs. Stan Hansen
    - Bruno Sammartino vs. Ken Patera
    - Bob Backlund vs. Superstar Billy Graham
    - Bruno Sammartino vs. Superstar Billy Graham
    - Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson (cage match)
    - Bruno Sammartino vs. Greg Valentine

    Disc Two...
    - Bob Backlund vs. Harley Race (WWF title vs. NWA title)
    - The Iron Shiek vs. Hulk Hogan
    - Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy (cage match, WrestleMania II)
    - Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff (cage match, SNME)
    - Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III and SNME)
    - Randy Savage vs. Ted Dibiase (WrestleMania IV)
    - Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan (WrestleMania V)

    Disc Three...
    - Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior (WrestleMania VI)
    - Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan (WrestleMania VII)
    - Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage (WrestleMania VIII)
    - Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (cage match, SummerSlam '94)
    - Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog (In Your House 5)
    - Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (iron man, WrestleMania XII)
    - Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (Good Friends, Better Enemies)
    - Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind (Mind Games)
    - Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin (WrestleMania XIV)
    - Steve Austin vs. Dude Love (street fight, Over The Edge)
    - Mankind vs. The Rock (I Quit, Royal Rumble '99)
    - The Rock vs. Mankind (empty arena match)

    Disc Four...
    - Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (street fight, Royal Rumble '00)
    - The Rock vs. Kurt Angle (No Mercy '00)
    - Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WrestleMania XVII)
    - Steve Austin vs. Chris Jericho (unification match, Vengeance '01)
    - The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle (King Of The Ring '02)
    - The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar (SummerSlam '02)
    - Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Royal Rumble '03)
    - Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero (No Way Out '04)
    - John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian (Vengeance '05)
    - John Cena vs. Edge (Royal Rumble '06)

    Dear God, look at this thing! Can I possibly avoid owning this?



Those were the matches you could CHOOSE FROM in that survey on wwe.com! You were aloud to pick 5 (!) from each era!!
So, to me that means all of those WON´T be on the final DVD set!
AND: They said it will be a 3 (!) disc set!

Release date will be Sept 5th!

By the way: There already has to be a thread concerning this topic! The news are at least 4 weeks old!
Destrucity
Boerewors
Level: 39

Posts: 246/339
EXP: 382342
For next: 22433

Since: 21.4.04
From: New York, NY, USA

Since last post: 2812 days
Last activity: 2720 days
#5 Posted on 23.5.06 0914.12
Reposted on: 23.5.13 0915.10
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden
    Those were the matches you could CHOOSE FROM in that survey on wwe.com! You were aloud to pick 5 (!) from each era!!
    So, to me that means all of those WON´T be on the final DVD set!
    AND: They said it will be a 3 (!) disc set!

    Release date will be Sept 5th!

    By the way: There already has to be a thread concerning this topic! The news are at least 4 weeks old!
Don't trust stupid news sites, I guess. It occured to me that there would probably be a thread about this, but I couldn't find one.
Mayhem
Scrapple
Level: 110

Posts: 2470/3638
EXP: 14075058
For next: 333874

Since: 25.4.03
From: Nashville, TN

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 1 day
#6 Posted on 23.5.06 0940.28
Reposted on: 23.5.13 0946.30
    Originally posted by Destrucity
      Originally posted by Tyler Durden
      Those were the matches you could CHOOSE FROM in that survey on wwe.com! You were aloud to pick 5 (!) from each era!!
      So, to me that means all of those WON´T be on the final DVD set!
      AND: They said it will be a 3 (!) disc set!

      Release date will be Sept 5th!

      By the way: There already has to be a thread concerning this topic! The news are at least 4 weeks old!
    Don't trust stupid news sites, I guess. It occured to me that there would probably be a thread about this, but I couldn't find one.


I started a thread about this a couple of months back, but it was an FYI about the concept of the fans choosing the matches.

http://the-w.com/thread.php/id=29461
canis582
Mettwurst
Level: 28

Posts: 69/162
EXP: 128095
For next: 3245

Since: 5.1.04
From: Reading, Pa

Since last post: 2448 days
Last activity: 2123 days
AIM:  
#7 Posted on 23.5.06 1020.48
Reposted on: 23.5.13 1021.15
WOW

If they are letting the Cena fans vote online, dont count on seeing much of the Bruno stuff. Although Im curious about the WWWF era, based on what Ive seen, its a boring style.
Deputy Marshall
Liverwurst
Level: 65

Posts: 719/1138
EXP: 2330400
For next: 5240

Since: 28.6.04
From: Troy, NY

Since last post: 356 days
Last activity: 198 days
#8 Posted on 23.5.06 1042.19
Reposted on: 23.5.13 1044.31
    Originally posted by canis582
    If they are letting the Cena fans vote online, dont count on seeing much of the Bruno stuff.
They allowed fans to choose five matches per decade. For the 70s, all but two of the matches involve him.

We will most definitely be seeing Bruno Sammartino on this collection.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: RAW #678 05/22/06 Play by Play Report
Next thread: Vengeance Promo (spoilers, I guess?)
Previous thread: Melina/MNM locker room issues?
(776 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Steven Dunn of Well Dunn on life support - NOSTALGIA: Brock signs with WWF - WWE 24/7 Online Matches for March - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - History of the WWE Championship DVDRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.274 seconds.