#2 Posted on 12.5.06 1339.14 Reposted on: 12.5.13 1339.44
I just don't know what to say here. After reading Game of Shadows I have zero trust in Track and Field results being legit anymore.
I guess if he did do this the right way it's very impressive and I hope he can keep it up for a long time to come. But I'd say at this point in my mind 20% is saying YEAH and the other 80% is saying I don't buy it.
#3 Posted on 12.5.06 1401.32 Reposted on: 12.5.13 1402.48
Considering track and field's drug testing policies are a bit more stringent than, say, baseball, if he was on anything, I'm sure it'll come out soon. Or at least anything detectable, which is where the whole Marion Jones thing blowed up.
#4 Posted on 12.5.06 1421.36 Reposted on: 12.5.13 1425.16
Originally posted by drjayphdConsidering track and field's drug testing policies are a bit more stringent than, say, baseball, if he was on anything, I'm sure it'll come out soon. Or at least anything detectable, which is where the whole Marion Jones thing blowed up.
See that's where I'm mad though. Cause track SAYS it's testing is more stringent and maybe it is. But basically that book proves that more track athletes were cheating the system than baseball players. The supplies, creators and users are just ahead of the system and just because Balco got busted doesn't mean there aren't a lot of other groups doing the same thing today. Apparently it's just not that hard to get away with.
Again I'm not saying he cheated, just that I don't have any trust for anyone in the sport right now.
It should be clarified that he still holds the world record, he just has to share it with Powell. So it stinks he's not standing alone at the top of the books, but he's still there. Hopefully they go alphabetically and he's listed first! (wah wah wah)
If they're confident enough in the accuracy of the clock to round up or down depending on thousandths of a second, I wonder why they don't just start including it (the thousandths of a second) in official times. Is it just an issue of compatibility with the numbers already on the books?
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE