The W
Views: 101563240
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
22.12.07 2238
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - RAW #671 04/3: Raw is Wrestlemania fallout
This thread has 2 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4(1088 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (65 total)
sergeial
Boerewors
Level: 40

Posts: 312/343
EXP: 434631
For next: 6682

Since: 27.2.02
From: Minneapolis

Since last post: 3098 days
Last activity: 3014 days
#61 Posted on 5.4.06 1514.37
Reposted on: 5.4.13 1514.49
Yeah, he could have sold his injuries more by being absent, but at least he wore a neck-brace! And the look Shane gave him when he called Shane "the product of his semen" didn't make you chuckle? To each their own...
Cerebus
Scrapple
Level: 109

Posts: 1693/3498
EXP: 13751429
For next: 208261

Since: 17.11.02

Since last post: 6 hours
Last activity: 16 min.
#62 Posted on 6.4.06 1604.08
Reposted on: 6.4.13 1604.46
I have to admit, I have no clue as to who CM Punk is.

The average wrestling fan would have said "Who the fuck is this asshole attacking Ric Flair?" instead of saying "Why the fuck is this asshole having Jamal attack Ric Flair?"

When introducing a new character you want them to probably try to be a good guy, when re-introducing a character as with Jamal, you want them to go against the good guy. Remember how the WWE introduced John Cena? He was just a guy in the back and they sent him out against the heel Kurt Angle. The same with Orlando Jordan, I think.

I do like the idea of Flair and Steamboat going at it one more time though, it'd be a train wreck, but a good one.

The only way I can imagine salvaging John Cena is to have him side up with Vince at this point. Have Vince keep telling Cena that the people love him and have Cena ignore the boos or pretend they're actually cheering him. This, I feel, will turn those boos from 'bad heat' to 'good heel heat'. It worked for Rocky, perhaps it'll work for John Cena as well.

When is THE MARINE supposed to come out? Are they trying to keep the belt on him for when the movie is released?
BoromirMark
Potato korv
Level: 54

Posts: 224/690
EXP: 1230762
For next: 3115

Since: 8.5.02
From: Milan-Ann Arbor, MI

Since last post: 332 days
Last activity: 332 days
AIM:  
#63 Posted on 6.4.06 1624.38
Reposted on: 6.4.13 1625.31
    Originally posted by Cerebus
    The only way I can imagine salvaging John Cena is to have him side up with Vince at this point. Have Vince keep telling Cena that the people love him and have Cena ignore the boos or pretend they're actually cheering him. This, I feel, will turn those boos from 'bad heat' to 'good heel heat'. It worked for Rocky, perhaps it'll work for John Cena as well.


This could possibly work, but it doesn't really address the main problem with Cena. At least from what I've seen, read, and heard there are going to be a contingent of people (me included) who don't like Cena's wigger gimmick. Whether or not these people boo is up to them, but it wouldn't account for the immensity of boo's that Cena has been getting. The big problem is the way Cena has been booked and the way his matches have been played out. Superman-style booking is not going to cut it in 2006. It wouldn't have cut it in 1996,and only caught on a bit again thanks to the uber-charisma of Austin and Rock. Cena, while charismatic, is not at their level. They have to have him stop "beating all odds", every single time. That's where the boos are coming from, the fact that the fans don't buy Cena being able to defeat every obstacle that's been put into his way. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far.
redsoxnation
Scrapple
Level: 152

Posts: 5111/7534
EXP: 44035797
For next: 265965

Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 540 days
Last activity: 540 days
#64 Posted on 6.4.06 1730.24
Reposted on: 6.4.13 1733.21
    Originally posted by oldschoolhero
    I found Vince's ramblings just 24 hours after taking a beating that could easily be used to write a full-time wrestler off of TV to be ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Shawn destroyed him at WrestleMania, there was no need for the feud to continue-particularly with the borderline-retarded advertising of God as Shawn's partner. If that didn't get you rolling your eyes more than the debut of a tried-and-tested heat-getter (big nasty heel with shit-stirring mouthpiece)....well, more power to you.







This God idea has potential. Horrible Wrestlecrap potential of course, but it is potential. Have a giant light shine behind Shawn as he comes to the ring, then have a giant light on the ring apron as Shawn is in the ring, ready to make the tag. Throw in a Joey Styles 'Oh My God' line, and it will be absolutely craptacular.
As for the CM Punk/Jamal debut controversy: Why not the repackaging of Charlie Haas against Flair? Considering Flair had just been in a multi-month feud with Haas' former tag partner Shelton Benjamin, there would be storyline reasons to build up this feud. Also, it would give Haas a mouthpiece, thus taking away that weakness from Charlie. And, it would probably lead to a nice match, something I can't see happening with Jamal. Hell, I'd take a repackaged Test feuding with Flair over the return of Jamal.
y4j1981
Kolbasz
Level: 46

Posts: 441/473
EXP: 673293
For next: 38486

Since: 1.4.03
From: Dale City, Virginia

Since last post: 2047 days
Last activity: 1987 days
#65 Posted on 6.4.06 1834.02
Reposted on: 6.4.13 1834.36
    Originally posted by Cerebus
    When is THE MARINE supposed to come out? Are they trying to keep the belt on him for when the movie is released?


IMDb says September 29th.

(edited by y4j1981 on 6.4.06 1934)
JohnHayduke
Polska kielbasa
Level: 26

Posts: 55/127
EXP: 95467
For next: 6810

Since: 17.10.02
From: Moab, Utah

Since last post: 2829 days
Last activity: 706 days
#66 Posted on 7.4.06 1230.56
Reposted on: 7.4.13 1231.45
    Originally posted by redsoxnation
      Originally posted by oldschoolhero
      I found Vince's ramblings just 24 hours after taking a beating that could easily be used to write a full-time wrestler off of TV to be ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Shawn destroyed him at WrestleMania, there was no need for the feud to continue-particularly with the borderline-retarded advertising of God as Shawn's partner. If that didn't get you rolling your eyes more than the debut of a tried-and-tested heat-getter (big nasty heel with shit-stirring mouthpiece)....well, more power to you.







    This God idea has potential. Horrible Wrestlecrap potential of course, but it is potential. Have a giant light shine behind Shawn as he comes to the ring, then have a giant light on the ring apron as Shawn is in the ring, ready to make the tag. Throw in a Joey Styles 'Oh My God' line, and it will be absolutely craptacular.


Anybody else remember the invisible wrestler gimmick from RSPW days? I was wondering if they were going to use it for Eddie's ghost.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4Thread ahead: Smackdown spoilers from Peoria
Next thread: Kanyon's at it again, folks.
Previous thread: I'm interviewing Matt Hardy
(1088 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: RAW #670 (3/27) Last RAW before Wrestlemania - RAW #669 (3/20) - Raw: 13 March 2005 - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - RAW #671 04/3: Raw is Wrestlemania falloutRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.569 seconds.