The W
Views: 129232597
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
23.11.10 1059
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Stationed and ready LIVE in Chicago Register and log in to post!
(2515 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (15 total)
jwrestle
Lap cheong
Level: 80

Posts: 926/1616
EXP: 4750041
For next: 32948

Since: 4.4.03
From: Nitro WV

Since last post: 443 days
Last activity: 206 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#1 Posted on 31.3.06 2200.24
Reposted on: 31.3.13 2200.28
Well, I'm settled in at the Hampton Inn beside, one of Americas busiest airports, O'Haire International. So, anybody want to clue me on what to do tommorrow.

We've already been to the arena and the WWE is already here in full force with production crew and everything.

I'm guessing Axxess is tommorrow so I guess I'm going to try to make it down to that and update you tommorrow evening events of the day here at Wrestlemania weekend.
Promote this thread!
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 225

Posts: 7472/17194
EXP: 172113574
For next: 1418680

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 18 hours
Last activity: 18 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#2 Posted on 31.3.06 2241.27
Reposted on: 31.3.13 2241.46
    Originally posted by jwrestle
    Well, I'm settled in at the Hampton Inn beside, one of Americas busiest airports, O'Haire International. So, anybody want to clue me on what to do tommorrow.
See if you can get past the security at the Westin!*

*this is a joke - don't do this (or, if you do, don't tell the security *I* told you to try it)
gater
Bauerwurst
Level: 25

Posts: 97/105
EXP: 81776
For next: 7845

Since: 29.1.02
From: Palatine, IL

Since last post: 3530 days
Last activity: 2709 days
#3 Posted on 1.4.06 2306.34
Reposted on: 1.4.13 2306.53
I guess this is the closest thing to a current thread.

I just got back from the HOF ceremony and turned on the TV. My first reaction was, "Wow - Bret is just starting his speech. Cool, I'll get to hear it again."

Damn - they cut 90% of his speech. It was amazing. He told some great, great insider stories. He was funny, thoughtful and went on for 30+ minutes. From what I can figure, they only played 5 minutes or so of his speech.

What a shame.
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 225

Posts: 7476/17194
EXP: 172113574
For next: 1418680

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 18 hours
Last activity: 18 hours
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on 1.4.06 2317.50
Reposted on: 1.4.13 2318.02
    Originally posted by gater
    I guess this is the closest thing to a current thread.

    I just got back from the HOF ceremony and turned on the TV. My first reaction was, "Wow - Bret is just starting his speech. Cool, I'll get to hear it again."

    Damn - they cut 90% of his speech. It was amazing. He told some great, great insider stories. He was funny, thoughtful and went on for 30+ minutes. From what I can figure, they only played 5 minutes or so of his speech.

    What a shame.
USA only gave them an hour. Expect to hear a lot more when the DVD comes out - also, WWE has at least two hours of the ceremony online (wwe.com) so there might be more there, too.
Kevintripod
Banger
Level: 100

Posts: 777/2694
EXP: 10189614
For next: 164818

Since: 11.5.03
From: Mount Pleasant, Pa.

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 13 hours
AIM:  
#5 Posted on 2.4.06 0002.19
Reposted on: 2.4.13 0002.49
Had to love the dagger stares Hogan was giving Austin.

Sadly, did it appear that Bret still walks with a limp ?
Packman V2
Bratwurst
Level: 75

Posts: 635/1425
EXP: 3803719
For next: 23202

Since: 16.3.04
From: Albuquerque, NM

Since last post: 8 days
Last activity: 20 hours
AIM:  
Y!:
#6 Posted on 2.4.06 0123.47
Reposted on: 2.4.13 0123.56
Yeah, Hogan looked less than thrilled to be there tonight...then again, he had to share the spotlight with Austin, Bret, and Eddie....that's a little much for his ego to allow. Tivoed it, and it cut off Bret's speech in midsentence, so I'm gonna have to find another way to see the end of it.
DrewDewce
Bratwurst
Level: 76

Posts: 746/1399
EXP: 3986534
For next: 19545

Since: 2.1.02
From: The Derby City

Since last post: 156 days
Last activity: 1 day
Y!:
#7 Posted on 2.4.06 0649.08
Reposted on: 2.4.13 0651.28
    Originally posted by Packman V2
    Yeah, Hogan looked less than thrilled to be there tonight...then again, he had to share the spotlight with Austin, Bret, and Eddie....that's a little much for his ego to allow. Tivoed it, and it cut off Bret's speech in midsentence, so I'm gonna have to find another way to see the end of it.


You did better than me. I just plain forgot.
redsoxnation
Scrapple
Level: 157

Posts: 5105/7534
EXP: 48941129
For next: 638213

Since: 24.7.02

Since last post: 1606 days
Last activity: 1606 days
#8 Posted on 2.4.06 0909.31
Reposted on: 2.4.13 0909.40
Was the only time the crowd boo'ed all night during Okerlund's speech when the camera cut to Cena?
Batista looks like he is ready to make a run at the cruiserweight title.
Having Mysterio being a few inches shorter than Guerrero's daughter when they stood next to each other might not be the best footage for a possible championship.
Unless editing caused it to be further along, Regal really lost it quickly during the Guerrero section.
That might have been the best mic work Benoit's ever done in his career.
Mr Heel II
Lap cheong
Level: 80

Posts: 746/1556
EXP: 4654030
For next: 128959

Since: 25.2.02

Since last post: 86 days
Last activity: 22 days
#9 Posted on 2.4.06 0931.39
Reposted on: 2.4.13 0931.42
WWE's "Hall of Fame" video is the inductees previous to the USA Network broadcast. It includes the inductions and (I would say) complete speeches of: the Blackjacks, Verne Gange, William "Refrigerator" Perry, Sensational Sherri, and Tony Atlas. It runs 1:38, and has some great moments.

The crowd also tore into Cena when he inducted Perry. HHH played on it a bit by standing up in the crowd while Cena was waiting for the crowd to settle down, and a HHH chant got going. Between the Cena fans and the Cena haters trying to one-up each other, it was pretty disruptive.

Cena inducted Perry by doing an imitation of the NFL Films announcer to stock NFL Films music. He did an awesome job of it, and putting the music behind him got the focus off the uppity crowd.
y4j1981
Kolbasz
Level: 47

Posts: 438/473
EXP: 752454
For next: 13755

Since: 1.4.03
From: Dale City, Virginia

Since last post: 3113 days
Last activity: 3053 days
#10 Posted on 2.4.06 0942.07
Reposted on: 2.4.13 0945.46
    Originally posted by Mr Heel II
    WWE's "Hall of Fame" video is the inductees previous to the USA Network broadcast. It includes the inductions and (I would say) complete speeches of: the Blackjacks, Verne Gange, William "Refrigerator" Perry, Sensational Sherri, and Tony Atlas. It runs 1:38, and has some great moments.

    The crowd also tore into Cena when he inducted Perry. HHH played on it a bit by standing up in the crowd while Cena was waiting for the crowd to settle down, and a HHH chant got going. Between the Cena fans and the Cena haters trying to one-up each other, it was pretty disruptive.

    Cena inducted Perry by doing an imitation of the NFL Films announcer to stock NFL Films music. He did an awesome job of it, and putting the music behind him got the focus off the uppity crowd.


I gotta ask, why was Cena chosen to induct Perry? I mean everyone had a reason to induct the person they were doing bur why Cena? Plus, I mean Vince had to know that with Cena's mix reaction lately that the booing might happen.

(edited by y4j1981 on 2.4.06 1043)
Kevintripod
Banger
Level: 100

Posts: 778/2694
EXP: 10189614
For next: 164818

Since: 11.5.03
From: Mount Pleasant, Pa.

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 13 hours
AIM:  
#11 Posted on 2.4.06 1016.18
Reposted on: 2.4.13 1016.37
    Originally posted by y4j1981
    I gotta ask, why was Cena chosen to induct Perry? I mean everyone had a reason to induct the person they were doing but why Cena?



I figured that they had Cena induct Perry in hopes of getting the Chicago Wrestlemainia crowd more behind Cena when he wrestled Triple-H.

So much for that idea.
jwrestle
Lap cheong
Level: 80

Posts: 927/1616
EXP: 4750041
For next: 32948

Since: 4.4.03
From: Nitro WV

Since last post: 443 days
Last activity: 206 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#12 Posted on 2.4.06 1022.32
Reposted on: 2.4.13 1023.15
http://www.uploadit.org/gallery/14192/

Random pics from yesterday...I don't have many but I figure I'll have more tonight as they actually have something going on all day today. GONE!
BigFredMachine
Linguica
Level: 20

Posts: 64/72
EXP: 40883
For next: 1556

Since: 20.8.05
From: St. Louis, MO

Since last post: 3354 days
Last activity: 3333 days
#13 Posted on 2.4.06 1101.40
Reposted on: 2.4.13 1101.41
Was it just me, or did Bret's pizza story about Owen make no sense? I'm assuming it was the editing.

They did a terrible job on the editing, in my mind, and I can't believe they didn't edit out the boos for Cena. I guess it's like HHH said, when a face gets that kind of reaction, it's because his opponent can't work heel.

Anyway, yes, Benoit's speech had me grinning like an idiot.
DJ FrostyFreeze
Scrapple
Level: 113

Posts: 2180/3463
EXP: 15525418
For next: 293191

Since: 2.1.02
From: Hawthorne, CA

Since last post: 21 days
Last activity: 6 days
#14 Posted on 2.4.06 1118.35
Reposted on: 2.4.13 1118.49
    Originally posted by PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson, who was there live
    William "The Refrigerator" Perry was next, inducted by John Cena. Almost the entire building was booing John Cena, and a "Cena Sucks" chant started up. Cena remarked "It seems everyone is ready for Wrestlemania". They showed HHH on the screens, and the place popped. The crowd was not letting Cena talk, and Triple H stood up briefly at one point, resulting in chants of "Triple H" and "One More Day". The crowd then chanted "F*** You Cena" as Cena tried to do a Howard Cosell impersonation. Music started to play as Cena talked in an attempt to drown out the crowd, who were now chanting "Boring". The fans continued to boo Cena, while the screens above the stage focused on a small group of fans who were clapping for Cena.
Needless to say, it sucked to be Cena last night, it will suck to be him tonight at WM, and it will most likely suck to be him AFTER WM too.

    Originally posted by Big Fred Machine
    Was it just me, or did Bret's pizza story about Owen make no sense? I'm assuming it was the editing.
I think the gist of it was that Owen disguised his voice and called Bret pretending to be a pizza restaurant owner offering Bret free pizza. But then Owen (the pizza guy) started giving Bret (who didnt know it was Owen) a hard time about the toppings & the price, and hilarity ensued. At the time, I just thought Bret sucked at telling stories, but it was probably crappy editing after all.
BOSsportsfan34
Pepperoni
Level: 68

Posts: 840/1103
EXP: 2701633
For next: 27181

Since: 2.1.03
From: MA

Since last post: 607 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
Y!:
#15 Posted on 2.4.06 1143.10
Reposted on: 2.4.13 1143.58
    Originally posted by DJ FrostyFreeze
      Originally posted by PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson, who was there live
      William "The Refrigerator" Perry was next, inducted by John Cena. Almost the entire building was booing John Cena, and a "Cena Sucks" chant started up. Cena remarked "It seems everyone is ready for Wrestlemania". They showed HHH on the screens, and the place popped. The crowd was not letting Cena talk, and Triple H stood up briefly at one point, resulting in chants of "Triple H" and "One More Day". The crowd then chanted "F*** You Cena" as Cena tried to do a Howard Cosell impersonation. Music started to play as Cena talked in an attempt to drown out the crowd, who were now chanting "Boring". The fans continued to boo Cena, while the screens above the stage focused on a small group of fans who were clapping for Cena.
    Needless to say, it sucked to be Cena last night, it will suck to be him tonight at WM, and it will most likely suck to be him AFTER WM too.


I really can't see Cena still being a face after tonight. They have to turn him heel, even at the risk of the audience starting to cheer him again a month or two into a heel run (which I think is 99.9% possible).
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Predict WrestleMania 22
Next thread: On the fence about WrestleMania
Previous thread: SMACKDOWN COMIX! 3/31/2006!
(2515 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Mania Press Conference - Predict WrestleMania 22 - Has anyone been to a Hall of Fame event? - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Stationed and ready LIVE in ChicagoRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2015 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.419 seconds.