The W
Views: 101449807
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
19.12.07 1655
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - TNA re-signs major talent Register and log in to post!
(1197 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (11 total)
chill
Landjager
Level: 62

Posts: 650/930
EXP: 1923258
For next: 61439

Since: 18.5.02

Since last post: 2744 days
Last activity: 2744 days
#1 Posted on 24.2.06 1212.51
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1213.07
Wade Keller just reported in his latest Torch VIP audio update that Samoa Joe and TNA have agreed to a multi-year deal through 2009.
Promote this thread!
Matt Tracker
Scrapple
Level: 125

Posts: 1491/4915
EXP: 22445400
For next: 8827

Since: 8.5.03
From: North Carolina

Since last post: 8 hours
Last activity: 52 min.
#2 Posted on 24.2.06 1217.05
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1217.12
He's gonna need to buy a lot more towels.
The Vile1
Lap cheong
Level: 80

Posts: 1346/1694
EXP: 4671296
For next: 111693

Since: 4.9.02
From: California

Since last post: 2070 days
Last activity: 1802 days
#3 Posted on 24.2.06 1257.12
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1257.18
Well at least TNA is smart enough to lock up Joe to a long-term contract. They need him because he is the type of guy you want to build the company around, just like AJ Styles and Daniels. Plus guys like AJ and Joe are still pretty young for their age.

Sooner or later I want to see Joe going after the world title. I mean they couldn't have signed up for 3 years and not put him up against guys like Abyss, Rhino, etc.
Dexley's Midnight Jogger
Pepperoni
Moderator
Level: 65

Posts: 668/1049
EXP: 2267213
For next: 68427

Since: 10.10.02
From: New Hampshire

Since last post: 319 days
Last activity: 234 days
#4 Posted on 24.2.06 1450.21
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1450.30
    Originally posted by The Vile1
    Sooner or later I want to see Joe going after the world title.


That's what I was thinking. I have only seen a couple of TNA matches, but his are a lot more exciting than those of Jeff Jarrett. Any word on what kind of deal A.J. Styles has? Those are really the two guys I look at when I do see TNA.
canis582
Mettwurst
Level: 28

Posts: 18/162
EXP: 130426
For next: 914

Since: 5.1.04
From: Reading, Pa

Since last post: 2590 days
Last activity: 2264 days
AIM:  
#5 Posted on 24.2.06 1504.44
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1504.50
I don't think the E is interested in Joe anyway. The only reason Vince would bring him in would be for embarrassment purposes. Joe Vs Mizark in the popcorn match.

Is he even getting 1k per show? He does draw the crowd, but there are other 'stars' that probobly still make more: like Jarrett, Christian, AJ, Rhyno. Not saying they deserve it.
The Vile1
Lap cheong
Level: 80

Posts: 1347/1694
EXP: 4671296
For next: 111693

Since: 4.9.02
From: California

Since last post: 2070 days
Last activity: 1802 days
#6 Posted on 24.2.06 1510.14
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1510.17
    Originally posted by Dexley's Midnight Jogger
    That's what I was thinking. I have only seen a couple of TNA matches, but his are a lot more exciting than those of Jeff Jarrett. Any word on what kind of deal A.J. Styles has? Those are really the two guys I look at when I do see TNA.


Well in 2005 there were reports about TNA signing both AJ and Daniels to long term, 3 year deal contracts. And at the time AJ and Daniels were their top dogs, as world champion and X Division champion.

That said, I'm growing a little annoyed with how TNA is sucking the teat of the Joe/AJ/Daniels triangle feud dry. They are going overkill with it. What with the Unbreakable rematch this month, next month another rematch with Ultimate X, then again in the cage at Lockdown according to rumors.

The X division is being controlled by 3 people really and no one else. And its not really fair. I'd like to see Joe face some fresh opponents on PPV and actually defend the title on Impact.
TheGreekPhysique
Bauerwurst
Level: 24

Posts: 104/106
EXP: 68694
For next: 9432

Since: 13.2.04
From: Brooklyn, NY

Since last post: 3113 days
Last activity: 2539 days
AIM:  
#7 Posted on 24.2.06 1519.35
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1519.55
Personally, I don't know what they are going to do to end this feud and move Joe forward. He shouldn't lose, but maybe in a three-way. He could put someone over but it doesn't need to be either of those two cats.

Tough call all the way around. Especially since there are no clear faces or heels here either ('cept AJ)

If Christopher Daniels could get moved up at some point to wrestle Christian, I'd be down for that.

They are definitely in a pickle, but at least it is a good spot to be in.
sentonBOMB
Frankfurter
Level: 58

Posts: 576/806
EXP: 1519089
For next: 58466

Since: 25.11.02
From: Jersey

Since last post: 2031 days
Last activity: 732 days
#8 Posted on 24.2.06 1707.14
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1707.41
    Originally posted by TheGreekPhysique
    Personally, I don't know what they are going to do to end this feud and move Joe forward. He shouldn't lose, but maybe in a three-way. He could put someone over but it doesn't need to be either of those two cats.

    Tough call all the way around. Especially since there are no clear faces or heels here either ('cept AJ)

    If Christopher Daniels could get moved up at some point to wrestle Christian, I'd be down for that.

    They are definitely in a pickle, but at least it is a good spot to be in.


The problem with Daniels in that role is that he's kind of a scrawny little dude. I mean Rey Mysterio is short too, but he is kind of bulky and tough-looking. Daniels is neither. I can't see him rising much above X-Division level.
Tenken347
Boudin blanc
Level: 94

Posts: 896/2475
EXP: 8086494
For next: 270194

Since: 27.2.03
From: Parts Unknown

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 37 min.
#9 Posted on 24.2.06 1927.33
Reposted on: 24.2.13 1927.58
I think the best way to move Joe forward, and I think they're headed this way, is just to keep doing what they're doing. Joe keeps on his undefeated streak, and takes it all the way to a title vs. title match with the world champ (probably Christian). Then, they can either have him take his first loss against the champ, which won't hurt him, or he can win the world title and be forced to vacate the X belt.
Hobbes
Cotechino
Level: 22

Posts: 55/87
EXP: 55972
For next: 2379

Since: 10.12.01
From: Kelowna

Since last post: 144 days
Last activity: 3 days
#10 Posted on 25.2.06 0339.51
Reposted on: 25.2.13 0340.03
    Originally posted by canis582
    I don't think the E is interested in Joe anyway. The only reason Vince would bring him in would be for embarrassment purposes. Joe Vs Mizark in the popcorn match.


There was a rumor awhile ago that John Laurenaitis was interested in bringing Joe in to be the big bad Samoan heel that Rikishi wasn't. Joe also invited a WWE writer to a recent ROH show, so I figure he could probably get a really crappy low end WWE contract or a development deal if he wanted. The problem is that WWE always likes to tear down outside talent before building them back up again in their image and with Joe being the most hyped young wrestler outside the WWE in years, it's likely that there'd be a lot of people backstage picking his work apart like what's recently happened to CM Punk.
TheMikeSays
Bauerwurst
Level: 24

Posts: 99/111
EXP: 71160
For next: 6966

Since: 30.10.04
From: Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Since last post: 3111 days
Last activity: 2858 days
AIM:  
#11 Posted on 25.2.06 0351.45
Reposted on: 25.2.13 0351.58

    The problem with Daniels in that role is that he's kind of a scrawny little dude. I mean Rey Mysterio is short too, but he is kind of bulky and tough-looking. Daniels is neither. I can't see him rising much above X-Division level.

Well if the criteria is TALENT, then he's been long overdue for a World title program.

    Originally posted by Tenken347
    I think the best way to move Joe forward, and I think they're headed this way, is just to keep doing what they're doing. Joe keeps on his undefeated streak, and takes it all the way to a title vs. title match with the world champ (probably Christian). Then, they can either have him take his first loss against the champ, which won't hurt him, or he can win the world title and be forced to vacate the X belt.

I'd say the same thing if the ONLY likely version of that program wasn't him getting his first loss versus Jeff Jarrett.
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: Warrior vs Goldberg?
Next thread: Smackdown WM22 main event "official"
Previous thread: Another Tag Team Gone
(1197 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: TNA to get Thursday night primetime? - Future TNA Releases....WTF?? - Matt Morgan to work for TNA - and if he does its a disaster - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - TNA re-signs major talentRegister and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.289 seconds.