The W
Views: 99331941
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
30.9.07 0103
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Smackdown Spoiler and boy, thank God he's back....
This thread has 1 referral leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3(1213 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (47 total)
mikebuk
Pickled pork
Level: 31

Posts: 105/198
EXP: 175420
For next: 9945

Since: 22.11.03
From: Blackpool, England

Since last post: 1784 days
Last activity: 1640 days
ICQ:  
Y!:
#41 Posted on 30.12.05 2129.59
Reposted on: 30.12.12 2132.44
Hard to believe that nearly 10 years ago he was being offered a contract to become a wrestler during the Atlanta Olympics.

He is still is yet to do anything of note except father a hand and keep Dr Andrews' scalpel warm.

'Why ?' is the eternal question.
Destrucity
Boerewors
Level: 39

Posts: 133/339
EXP: 385439
For next: 19336

Since: 21.4.04
From: New York, NY, USA

Since last post: 2873 days
Last activity: 2781 days
#42 Posted on 30.12.05 2320.11
Reposted on: 30.12.12 2323.58
    Originally posted by mikebuk
    Hard to believe that nearly 10 years ago he was being offered a contract to become a wrestler during the Atlanta Olympics.

    He is still is yet to do anything of note except father a hand and keep Dr Andrews' scalpel warm.

    'Why ?' is the eternal question.
Well, the good news there is that it means his contract must almost be up -- wasn't it 10 years for $10 million? There's no way they're re-signing him after that debacle is over.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator
Level: 131

Posts: 1251/5227
EXP: 25836105
For next: 588585

Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 7 hours
#43 Posted on 31.12.05 0140.22
Reposted on: 31.12.12 0140.22
The famous 10 year long Mark Henry and Big Show "fatty no pan out" deals got reworked. Once WWE became the only game in town, they basically had the leverage to say
"Hey, let's renegotiate the terms of your current deal."
"Why?"
"Because we want to make it better for us. And you have no choice."
"Okay. What's in it for me?"
"If you rework it then we won't think of something worse to do to you."
"But that sucks too much to be true."
"For you, maybe."
"Where do I sign."
Freeway
Scrapple
Level: 110

Posts: 3147/3504
EXP: 14147222
For next: 261710

Since: 3.1.02
From: Calgary

Since last post: 281 days
Last activity: 2 days
#44 Posted on 31.12.05 0150.56
Reposted on: 31.12.12 0151.18
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    The famous 10 year long Mark Henry and Big Show "fatty no pan out" deals got reworked. Once WWE became the only game in town, they basically had the leverage to say
    "Hey, let's renegotiate the terms of your current deal."
    "Why?"
    "Because we want to make it better for us. And you have no choice."
    "Okay. What's in it for me?"
    "If you rework it then we won't think of something worse to do to you."
    "But that sucks too much to be true."
    "For you, maybe."
    "Where do I sign."


But Justin, I says to you, does that mean that the deals are for the same amount of money for a longer period, or less money over the same period? Or both? Or neither?
Spiraling_Shape
Bratwurst
Level: 75

Posts: 469/1456
EXP: 3789974
For next: 36947

Since: 2.1.02
From: PA

Since last post: 5 days
Last activity: 10 hours
#45 Posted on 1.1.06 1230.59
Reposted on: 1.1.13 1231.21
I want to see DEAN's artistic interpretation of Mark Henry. But that is all I want to see of the World's Strongest Man.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator
Level: 131

Posts: 1252/5227
EXP: 25836105
For next: 588585

Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 7 hours
#46 Posted on 1.1.06 1533.24
Reposted on: 1.1.13 1533.57
    Originally posted by Freeway420
    But Justin, I says to you, does that mean that the deals are for the same amount of money for a longer period, or less money over the same period? Or both? Or neither?


MmmmmmmmI can't say for sure. I assume that WWE is totalitarian, pennywise, and evil enough to convince them to take lower downsides, since they've 'renegotiated' that way with talent in other instances. As a consolation they may've gotten more years tacked on. But alls I can tell you with certainty is that the original parameters of the deal no longer apply, so there can be no more World's Longest "Damn" countdowns for time until Mark Henry is gone.
BigSteve
Pepperoni
Level: 64

Posts: 952/1091
EXP: 2197960
For next: 16149

Since: 23.7.04
From: Baltimore, MD

Since last post: 2818 days
Last activity: 2546 days
#47 Posted on 1.1.06 1548.00
Reposted on: 1.1.13 1548.35
How do WWE contracts work? It seems like when a guy gets released in the middle of a contract, he'll have the 90 day no compete period where the WWE still pays them and then after that the contract will be done? Is that correct? And were previous WWF contracts actually guaranteed contracts for the length of the deal?
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Pages: Prev 1 2 3Thread ahead: WWE signs giant from "The Longest Yard"
Next thread: My on-line sportsbook is taking bets on the ME at WM22.
Previous thread: TNA IMPACT Workrate RePORT Episode #13
(1213 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Smackdown Spoilers - SD 9/9/05 - SmackDown spoilers for 12-9 - More...
The 7 - Pro Wrestling - Smackdown Spoiler and boy, thank God he's back....Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.305 seconds.