The W
Views: 132019309
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
21.4.11 1823
The 7 - the-w.com Site Feedback - MSN Messenger? Register and log in to post!
(352 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (10 total)
rinberg
Boudin rouge
Level: 49

Posts: 118/495
EXP: 847713
For next: 36176

Since: 30.1.02
From: South Georgia

Since last post: 2294 days
Last activity: 341 days
#1 Posted on 20.12.05 2239.13
Reposted on: 20.12.12 2239.29
I use MSN Messenger while I'm at work because that is where my co-workers have service. I was wondering if you could implement a place to put my Messenger ID like AIM, ICQ, & Yahoo Messenger have?
Promote this thread!
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 226

Posts: 7168/17254
EXP: 175216996
For next: 1017601

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 hour
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#2 Posted on 20.12.05 2244.08
Reposted on: 20.12.12 2247.06
    Originally posted by rinberg
    I use MSN Messenger while I'm at work because that is where my co-workers have service. I was wondering if you could implement a place to put my Messenger ID like AIM, ICQ, & Yahoo Messenger have?
I'd do it, but MSN is boycotted until they come up with a cool graphic that tells us if you're on or not like the other three.

That reminds me, I haven't bothered Adam about the Jabber server in like three months...
Battlezone
Potato korv
Level: 56

Posts: 606/696
EXP: 1365693
For next: 32492

Since: 27.2.03
From: Seattle, Washington

Since last post: 3421 days
Last activity: 24 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#3 Posted on 21.12.05 1145.20
Reposted on: 21.12.12 1145.30
Along those same lines, I'm on both AIM and Yahoo! but I'm using Adium to access them. I've noticed that my profile never shows me as being active. Do you need to use the actual programs for it to show up as being active?
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 226

Posts: 7171/17254
EXP: 175216996
For next: 1017601

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 hour
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#4 Posted on 21.12.05 1236.01
Reposted on: 21.12.12 1237.25
    Originally posted by Battlezone
    Along those same lines, I'm on both AIM and Yahoo! but I'm using Adium to access them. I've noticed that my profile never shows me as being active. Do you need to use the actual programs for it to show up as being active?
I use Adium myself, so that's probably not it. After checking your profile, I believe you have incorrectly entered your screen names into your profile - you should remove the @aol.com and @yahoo.com respectively.
Guru Zim
SQL Dejection
Administrator
Level: 145

Posts: 3625/6152
EXP: 37305010
For next: 299162

Since: 9.12.01
From: Bay City, OR

Since last post: 13 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#5 Posted on 22.12.05 0125.10
Reposted on: 22.12.12 0125.24
I say we do it, even if you can't show online status. Those DLL dealies make me nervous, anyway.

What's one more potential SQL injection vector between friends?
CRZ
Big Brother
Administrator
Level: 226

Posts: 7176/17254
EXP: 175216996
For next: 1017601

Since: 9.12.01
From: ミネアポリス

Since last post: 1 hour
Last activity: 1 hour
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#6 Posted on 22.12.05 1400.55
Reposted on: 22.12.12 1401.31
    Originally posted by Guru Zim
    I say we do it, even if you can't show online status. Those DLL dealies make me nervous, anyway.

    What's one more potential SQL injection vector between friends?
Okee fine - it's been added.
drjayphd
Scrapple
Moderator
Level: 121

Posts: 2721/4025
EXP: 19519600
For next: 537154

Since: 22.4.02
From: Outside of Boston

Since last post: 6 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#7 Posted on 23.12.05 0245.44
Reposted on: 23.12.12 0245.45
Fun fact: The MSN field still has the same description as the Yahoo one (entering your Y! screenname, etc.). Hopefully, this post'll answer the question of if anything shows up in the sidebar (my money's on "uh, no...").
rinberg
Boudin rouge
Level: 49

Posts: 121/495
EXP: 847713
For next: 36176

Since: 30.1.02
From: South Georgia

Since last post: 2294 days
Last activity: 341 days
#8 Posted on 25.12.05 1754.39
Reposted on: 25.12.12 1755.36
    Originally posted by drjayphd
    Fun fact: The MSN field still has the same description as the Yahoo one (entering your Y! screenname, etc.). Hopefully, this post'll answer the question of if anything shows up in the sidebar (my money's on "uh, no...").


I don't see it either....(using Firefox 1.5)
Guru Zim
SQL Dejection
Administrator
Level: 145

Posts: 3626/6152
EXP: 37305010
For next: 299162

Since: 9.12.01
From: Bay City, OR

Since last post: 13 days
Last activity: 2 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#9 Posted on 27.12.05 2226.11
Reposted on: 27.12.12 2226.46
There is no sidebar icon because MSN doesn't have one. If they did we would put it there.

You can still look people up in their profile, though.
rinberg
Boudin rouge
Level: 49

Posts: 123/495
EXP: 847713
For next: 36176

Since: 30.1.02
From: South Georgia

Since last post: 2294 days
Last activity: 341 days
#10 Posted on 29.12.05 1744.42
Reposted on: 29.12.12 1745.03
You guys spoil us.... Thanks!
ALL ORIGINAL POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Thread ahead: SWEEPS RESULTS - NOV (DEC) 2005
Next thread: Nuvaring?
Previous thread: MERRY CHRISTMAS - Buddy list finally implemented
(352 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
The 7 - the-w.com Site Feedback - MSN Messenger?Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2018 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.212 seconds.