The W
Views: 100033752
Main | FAQ | Search: Y! / G | Color chart | Log in for more!
25.10.07 0803
The 7 - Movies & TV - AD - "The Ocean Walker" - 12/5
This thread has 2 referrals leading to it
Register and log in to post!
Pages: 1 2 Next(997 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
User
Post (25 total)
TheMASKEDComputerGeek
Chourico
Level: 36

Posts: 225/262
EXP: 289911
For next: 18202

Since: 7.1.02
From: Franklin, Wisconsin

Since last post: 82 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#1 Posted on 6.12.05 1207.48
Reposted on: 6.12.12 1207.48
BEST ENDING TO AN AD EPISODE EVER.

The use of the "Monster" photograph, as well as "They're not expensive." I will now comfort myself with the thought of at least 7 more episodes existing.
Promote this thread!
whatever
Lap cheong
Level: 81

Posts: 792/1738
EXP: 4934387
For next: 58483

Since: 12.2.02
From: Cleveland, Ohio

Since last post: 16 days
Last activity: 19 sec.
#2 Posted on 6.12.05 1229.29
Reposted on: 6.12.12 1231.08
    Originally posted by TheMASKEDComputerGeek
    BEST ENDING TO AN AD EPISODE EVER.

    The use of the "Monster" photograph, as well as "They're not expensive." I will now comfort myself with the thought of at least 7 more episodes existing.

I was watching this episode, and then my wife got home and things went crazy with our kidlets right toward the end. So I've got to ask - what happened at the end of the show?

Also, count me in for a great laugh at the "Monster" pic and "Sea-Britain". The local call from the hotel was fantastic, too.
TheMASKEDComputerGeek
Chourico
Level: 36

Posts: 226/262
EXP: 289911
For next: 18202

Since: 7.1.02
From: Franklin, Wisconsin

Since last post: 82 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#3 Posted on 6.12.05 1252.31
Reposted on: 6.12.12 1253.52
Michael and Rita break up and then they reference "Being There" as she walks across the pool at the hotel. Michael turns to Gob: "Wait a minute, that was your trick, right?" "No. That wasn't my trick, Michael." Fade to white. NEXT TIME ON ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. "THAT WAS MY ILLUSION!" Gob fires off lighter fluid over Tobias' head which sets the grill on fire and Tobias tries to jump in the pool which is rigged to help Rita stay above water. "WHY AM I NOT SINKING. FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY AM I NOT SINKING!?!?" I really didn't do it justice at all with this, you have to see it. It was hysterical.
Bullitt
Shot in the dark
Level: 85

Posts: 1553/1922
EXP: 5758279
For next: 140285

Since: 11.1.02
From: Houston

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 2 days
#4 Posted on 6.12.05 1254.12
Reposted on: 6.12.12 1255.00
I'll wager only about six people got the Buster/Mr. Roboto reference...
Battlezone
Potato korv
Level: 54

Posts: 603/696
EXP: 1198098
For next: 35779

Since: 27.2.03
From: Seattle, Washington

Since last post: 2146 days
Last activity: 198 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#5 Posted on 6.12.05 1258.31
Reposted on: 6.12.12 1259.01
*raises hand*

I caught it, but only on the second viewing.
TheMASKEDComputerGeek
Chourico
Level: 36

Posts: 227/262
EXP: 289911
For next: 18202

Since: 7.1.02
From: Franklin, Wisconsin

Since last post: 82 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#6 Posted on 6.12.05 1437.16
Reposted on: 6.12.12 1437.16
Same here.
Alex
Bratwurst
Level: 75

Posts: 458/1468
EXP: 3825569
For next: 1352

Since: 24.2.02

Since last post: 2 days
Last activity: 6 hours
#7 Posted on 6.12.05 1546.32
Reposted on: 6.12.12 1554.00
Nice of Fox to advertise they were showing Arrested Development again so that people like me who had given it up for dead would actually know that it was on.
Quezzy
Knackwurst
Level: 107

Posts: 1956/3257
EXP: 12708506
For next: 382847

Since: 6.1.02
From: The Moon

Since last post: 3 days
Last activity: 3 hours
AIM:  
#8 Posted on 6.12.05 2100.55
Reposted on: 6.12.12 2104.28
Well they did cancel it, it's pretty normal to not advertise a show they cancelled.

I must say, George Michael's video tape of him with his light saber is a running gag that will never get old. THen he topped it off by saying "we really should get another tape." Great stuff.
geemoney
Scrapple
Level: 112

Posts: 1764/3788
EXP: 15269538
For next: 68715

Since: 26.1.03
From: Naples, FL

Since last post: 4 days
Last activity: 10 hours
AIM:  
#9 Posted on 6.12.05 2216.52
Reposted on: 6.12.12 2229.01
    Originally posted by Quezzy
    Well they did cancel it, it's pretty normal to not advertise a show they cancelled.



I believe, technically, only the episode cut to 13 has been announced. The Futon Critic doesn't list it as cancelled, and I don't believe there was an "offical" announcement about it.
drjayphd
Scrapple
Moderator
Level: 115

Posts: 2703/3943
EXP: 16735381
For next: 76034

Since: 22.4.02
From: Long Island

Since last post: 34 days
Last activity: 4 days
AIM:  
ICQ:  
Y!:
#10 Posted on 6.12.05 2315.54
Reposted on: 6.12.12 2319.27
    Originally posted by geemoney
      Originally posted by Quezzy
      Well they did cancel it, it's pretty normal to not advertise a show they cancelled.



    I believe, technically, only the episode cut to 13 has been announced. The Futon Critic doesn't list it as cancelled, and I don't believe there was an "offical" announcement about it.


I only caught part of it on the E! ticker, but it looks like someone might be in the process of picking it up. Entertainment Weekly's reported a month ago that there was a rumor Showtime (popwatch.ew.com) was interested, but I don't know any more.
Deputy Marshall
Liverwurst
Level: 66

Posts: 446/1148
EXP: 2388679
For next: 73185

Since: 28.6.04
From: Troy, NY

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 3 days
#11 Posted on 6.12.05 2342.30
Reposted on: 6.12.12 2344.52
    Originally posted by Alex
    Nice of Fox to advertise they were showing Arrested Development again so that people like me who had given it up for Gdead would actually know that it was on.


I hear ya. I caught the episode about three minutes in by total accident. It's a good thing there was nothing else on that had my attention at the time.

    Originally posted by TheMASKEDComputerGeek
    Michael and Rita break up and then they reference "Being There" as she walks across the pool at the hotel. Michael turns to Gob: "Wait a minute, that was your trick, right?" "No. That wasn't my trick, Michael." Fade to white. NEXT TIME ON ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. "THAT WAS MY ILLUSION!" Gob fires off lighter fluid over Tobias' head which sets the grill on fire and Tobias tries to jump in the pool which is rigged to help Rita stay above water. "WHY AM I NOT SINKING. FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY AM I NOT SINKING!?!?" I really didn't do it justice at all with this, you have to see it. It was hysterical.


That was probably my second-favorite GOB moment, right behind the end of the first episode where a potential employer asks if he has any references, and he responds with a quick flash illusion and says "Is THAT enough of a reference for ya?"

Good episode. The writing on this show is brilliant, in that they managed to somehow make it believable that Michael could be mistaken while garnering sympathy for a character who doesn't realize the woman he's fallen head over heels for is mentally challenged.

God, I'm going to miss this show so badly if it doesn't get picked up by another network.
JustinShapiro
Scrapple
Moderator
Level: 131

Posts: 1236/5240
EXP: 26002616
For next: 422074

Since: 12.12.01
From: Pittsburgh, PA

Since last post: 9 days
Last activity: 13 hours
#12 Posted on 7.12.05 2233.26
Reposted on: 7.12.12 2233.59
I am totally in agreement about that being the best On The Next Arrested Development ever. What a moment. Next week's episode is called Prison Break-in, the first in what I assume will be many shots at Fox to come over the next seven episodes.

Fox has changed their schedule again -- but not for the worse, this time. Kitchen Confidential -- which got a really raw deal from Fox, all things considered, although the times I watched it the three whole times it was on, I found it kind of so-so -- is apparently re-pulled. In its place, Fox will pair the new Arrested with a "classic episode."

That's cool, but too little, too late, you jerks. You know, how many times during The Office last night did I see NBC ads touting its move to Thursdays and hailing it as the most innovative comedy on TV. It's almost like the network wants their promising, brilliant show to catch on and succeed.

(edited by JustinShapiro on 7.12.05 2357)
Freeway
Scrapple
Level: 110

Posts: 3126/3504
EXP: 14185626
For next: 223306

Since: 3.1.02
From: Calgary

Since last post: 307 days
Last activity: 4 days
#13 Posted on 8.12.05 0005.22
Reposted on: 8.12.12 0005.58
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    I am totally in agreement about that being the best On The Next Arrested Development ever. What a moment. Next week's episode is called Prison Break-in, the first in what I assume will be many shots at Fox to come over the next seven episodes.

    Fox has changed their schedule again -- but not for the worse, this time. Kitchen Confidential -- which got a really raw deal from Fox, all things considered, although the times I watched it the three whole times it was on, I found it kind of so-so -- is apparently re-pulled. In its place, Fox will pair the new Arrested with a "classic episode."

    That's cool, but too little, too late, you jerks. You know, how many times during The Office last night did I see NBC ads touting its move to Thursdays and hailing it as the most innovative comedy on TV. It's almost like the network wants their promising, brilliant show to catch on and succeed.

    (edited by JustinShapiro on 7.12.05 2357)


How to succeed in television:

Step 1) Come up with an idea. It doesn't need to be particular innovative (Scrubs is just E.R. with a comedic slant and a different focus), just well-made.

Step 2) Pair up this well-made show with an established show. This ensures that somebody will watch it. See: The Office being paired with Scrubs last year, or Scrubs being placed on Must-See Thursdays during the establishing years.

Step 3) If ratings are good/consistent, promote the shit out of it.

Step 4) Profit.
Tribal Prophet
Andouille
Level: 87

Posts: 1213/2050
EXP: 6343904
For next: 48895

Since: 9.1.02
From: Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Since last post: 68 days
Last activity: 5 hours
#14 Posted on 8.12.05 0031.53
Reposted on: 8.12.12 0033.48
    Originally posted by JustinShapiro
    Next week's episode is called Prison Break-in, the first in what I assume will be many shots at Fox to come over the next seven episodes.


Apparently, they've got one episode coming that is entirely making fun of FOX. I can't remember the title of that one, but it'll be fun as hell when it airs.


Tribal Prophet
Wolfram J. Paulovich
Frankfurter
Level: 56

Posts: 704/742
EXP: 1335464
For next: 62721

Since: 11.11.02
From: Fat City, Baby

Since last post: 2958 days
Last activity: 2328 days
AIM:  
#15 Posted on 8.12.05 0106.11
Reposted on: 8.12.12 0111.19
IF it airs. A current theory going around (at least at the Balboa Observer-Picayune website, the Mecca for AD dorks) says that FOX will let them film the 13 episodes for this season, but they'll only air 10. Episodes 11-13 will supposedly only appear on DVD. Now, the episode that's really really zinging FOX is supposedly the final one. So sadly it may never air on the network that most deserves the abuse that it dishes out.

As for Showtime and junk, maybe Shapiro'll post some interesting links. I don't have them handy, but producer Brian Grazer was recently on CNN for a Hollywood beat-type show, and he was acting veeeeerrrrry calm about the future of AD. He didn't mention any network in particular, but instead of giving non-committal responses that could only be construed as hopeless-but-not-wanting-to-let-down-all-the-fans-right-now, he seemed like he was being cool and confident because it was most definitely not dead yet.

Keep the faith. I'm still crossing my fingers and saying my prayers every night for an Earl/Office/Scrubs/AD Thursday Night Two Hours of Power on NBC. I'm not sure why I've turned to prayer; I don't believe in God. Just seems like the right thing to do.
Brian P. Dermody
Liverwurst
Moderator
Level: 69

Posts: 885/1205
EXP: 2780210
For next: 89548

Since: 20.9.02
From: New York, NY

Since last post: 939 days
Last activity: 362 days
AIM:  
Y!:
#16 Posted on 8.12.05 0155.56
Reposted on: 8.12.12 0156.24
    Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
    I'm not sure why I've turned to prayer; I don't believe in God. Just seems like the right thing to do.


I'm just hoping to get to a church with Ann Veal (not pictured).
MonteCarl
Potato korv
Level: 54

Posts: 483/664
EXP: 1167975
For next: 65902

Since: 21.1.02
From: Saginaw, MI

Since last post: 239 days
Last activity: 1 day
AIM:  
#17 Posted on 8.12.05 0923.56
Reposted on: 8.12.12 0924.55
My three favorite moments in this episode:

Lindsey breaking out the "Lucielle wink"

"The fact that you call it pop-pop tells me you are not ready"

Gob again fails with the fire ball/lighter fluid but Rita gives the "Yeah, but where did the ligher fluid come from?" line
Freeway
Scrapple
Level: 110

Posts: 3127/3504
EXP: 14185626
For next: 223306

Since: 3.1.02
From: Calgary

Since last post: 307 days
Last activity: 4 days
#18 Posted on 8.12.05 1345.32
Reposted on: 8.12.12 1346.00
    Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
    Keep the faith. I'm still crossing my fingers and saying my prayers every night for an Earl/Office/Scrubs/AD Thursday Night Two Hours of Power on NBC. I'm not sure why I've turned to prayer; I don't believe in God. Just seems like the right thing to do.


Jeb, it seems that NBC is the only network with the balls and/or marketing scheme necessary to run good shows.
Cerebus
Scrapple
Level: 108

Posts: 1498/3470
EXP: 13496167
For next: 24376

Since: 17.11.02

Since last post: 10 days
Last activity: 13 hours
#19 Posted on 14.12.05 1057.01
Reposted on: 14.12.12 1057.34
    Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
    As for Showtime and junk, maybe Shapiro'll post some interesting links.


I'm not Shapiro, but here (news.yahoo.com)you go.

I'd guess they'll make the official announcement after the remaining episodes have finished airing. I'm sure FOX would hate to have viewers know one of their shows with a loyal fan base is going to another network while it's still on the air.

(edited by Cerebus on 14.12.05 1257)
edoug
Summer sausage
Level: 44

Posts: 135/439
EXP: 574947
For next: 36342

Since: 13.2.04
From: Maine

Since last post: 95 days
Last activity: 16 hours
#20 Posted on 14.12.05 1103.19
Reposted on: 14.12.12 1104.02
It looks like ABC is interested too.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117934587?cs=1&s=h&p=0
Pages: 1 2 NextThread ahead: DVD News!
Next thread: Smallville didn't SUCK!
Previous thread: Survivor Finale
(997 newer) Next thread | Previous thread
Related threads: Arrested Development 11.7.05 Notapusy and Mr F - Arrested Development - 'Forget Me Now' 10.3.05 - FOX Monday Night...Maeby? No, definitely! - More...
The 7 - Movies & TV - AD - "The Ocean Walker" - 12/5Register and log in to post!

The W™ message board - 7 year recycle

ZimBoard
©2001-2014 Brothers Zim
This old hunk of junk rendered your page in 0.205 seconds.